Left Field Jeans

scotty2

Hey guys, this is a little off subject, but since this is one of the best (for sure the best) threads on sufu at the moment, i'd like to turn a little attention to another great thread and contest, the Ooe Yofuketen contest. voting ends today. while we aren't running our sweatpant contest in the same way with a public vote, it's cool to see how other contests work and see different participation styles.

also, if you all vote for jyoni's pair, maybe he'll win that contest and won't be as motivated to win this one....his pair of OOe's is at BlackBlue if anyone wants to come visit them. his hand repairs are incredible.  We can all remind him that he has a lovely pair of Broken Twill Greasers that could probably use some wear too. Ray's pair is pretty great as well.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/134802-ooe-yofukuten-co-denim-contest/page-63

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/154831-ooe-yofuketen-contest-final-pictures-pics-only-2nd-attempt/

Edited by satchelbmoore

Voted! Best of luck Jyoni, you just make everyone look bad whether it's jeans or sweats!

I washed my sweats over the weekend, I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

getting in about 7 styles of denim this week including special SUFU size 37, just updated 13 and 15 oz  Cone greasers.  quick question to the peeps, any interest in a zipper fly jean, with a vintage style zip? 

getting in about 7 styles of denim this week including special SUFU size 37, just updated 13 and 15 oz  Cone greasers.  quick question to the peeps, any interest in a zipper fly jean, with a vintage style zip? 

because most of us size down in denim, zipper flys tend to be difficult. once they start to crease, they become unmanageable and bacon-like. 

i'd be more interested in some unsanforized raws. outside of samurai and LVC, its hard to find a decent pair of shrink-to-fit.

because most of us size down in denim, zipper flys tend to be difficult. once they start to crease, they become unmanageable and bacon-like. 

i'd be more interested in some unsanforized raws. outside of samurai and LVC, its hard to find a decent pair of shrink-to-fit.

This, not down for zippers, but would love to see some unsanf

If it means my dad would rock some LFs i'm all for zippers! that said, some unsanforized LF would be DOPE!

pumped for the 23oz this week!

Edited by satchelbmoore

Christian explained his reasoning behind no unsanforized a while back on this thread

but I'm too lazy to seek it out.  Short story:  he prefers sanforized.  I suppose there's

always a chance though.

But while we're serving up suggestions....

indigo warp x indigo weft denim in the greaser cut please!

What are the other styles if you don't mind me asking? Also on the note of zippers I personally prefer a button fly.

Are you serious? There's a bazillion brands out there producing some really good raw, unsanforized denim.

Although I prefer my denim loomstate, this does not put me off sanforized, in fact I bought a fantastic pair of Ande Whall SR7s recently and would definitely buy more of his stuff in future.

If it means my dad would rock some LFs i'm all for zippers! that said, some unsanforized LF would be DOPE!

pumped for the 23oz this week!

I'm hoping the temperature lowers a bit, I want to wear them a bit before summer rolls around!

edit: this is shipping week for the 23oz, correct?

Edited by altoclefchris

I have the biggest lump in my throat right now.   I don't want to talk about it anymore, let's get back to LF business but thank you so much.  When you beat down a pair that hard and constantly fix her up, it's like you stitch a part of yourself into them.

I can't wait to see the 23oz in person.  Satchel, do you already have them?  I forgot to ask about that last night and you had so much going on with the customers.

Edited by jyoni

Are you serious? There's a bazillion brands out there producing some really good raw, unsanforized denim.

Although I prefer my denim loomstate, this does not put me off sanforized, in fact I bought a fantastic pair of Ande Whall SR7s recently and would definitely buy more of his stuff in future.

i think they mean there isn't a lot of USA made unsanforized denim. even from non-american mills.

I'm still holding out for more black cone selvedge duck miner chinos

what size are you?

We'll be shooting product shots for everything once all the new stuff is in.  I believe I'll also be doing a little denim roundup blog post.

That said - hope to see some fit pictures from you and Satchel in the 23 oz.   :rolleyes:

I am all over it (if everyone on superfuture couldn't already tell...). I'll most likely take some macros and detailed shots as well, like I did with the green heathers.

i think they mean there isn't a lot of USA made unsanforized denim. even from non-american mills.

exactly. 

I didnt know my unsanforized comment would generate such an argument. If we're being honest, I prefer sanforized. But the experience of pre-soaking your jeans and the softer hand and thicker creases which develop as a result leads to some unique results. I think we can all appreciate that...

You get better fades when they are stiff then soft, so that's one reason why I don't recommend prewashing and have not made shrink to fit before. Thinking of giving it a shot, I would need to calculate the shrinkage on the fabric and add it to the block. Shrink is never a perfect science with so much variation on 100% cotton from lot to lot.