Left Field Jeans

scotty2

^yeah! every friday at trieu chau on university at 9pm is usually a little LF/blackblue hang.

Wow, amazing  shots from Chicago! Andrew and I had some fun running around the South side at Lem's BBQ and the Unleaded Blues Club, good shit. We always welcome new Angel picts, keeps things interesting! thanks for all the post, makes the contest so much more personal. C

Edited by Left Field

Great photo set guys.  Looks like you had a fun time.  @jortslife looks like a fun dude! #nohomo

Still trying to decide whether I want to hem or not.  My problem is they feel larger on me than they really are.  Any ideas?

Did you give them a wash at all?  I was in-between choosing a Medium or Large, but went with a Large.  The waist is a bit bigger than I'd like, but the length is pretty perfect.

Hey guys.  Just wanted to let you know that we just put up a couple of preorders.

.925 Silver Left Field skull logo rings

http://leftfieldnyc.com/products/preorder-silver-skill-ring

Skull1_1024x1024.jpg

And our new tube tees

http://leftfieldnyc.com/collections/new

Black1_9a8e763d-a28c-49f7-8bf7-213efd8a1

Black2_44c89ff4-df4e-4c70-9814-4344457b8

All preorders should be shipping next week (jeans, rings, and tees).

YES!

When will the packs of shirts go to stockists, or will they? Want to avoid fed ex again by going into local store and grabbing.

Hey Brad - we'll be shipping a first delivery to North American Quality Purveyors in Calgary this Spring.  The tees aren't on his spring order, but Kyle (owner) is trying out a pack and might be bringing them in.

Hey Brad - we'll be shipping a first delivery to North American Quality Purveyors in Calgary this Spring.  The tees aren't on his spring order, but Kyle (owner) is trying out a pack and might be bringing them in.

Sweet, going to be stopping in this week so I will have to talk to him more about this and see what else he will be bringing in.

That skull ring is pretty cool. Are there any pictures of anyone wearing it?

I also love the packaging on those tee's.  Nice job, guys!

Here's a quick cell camera pic of my sweats from the other night. As cool as it makes me look, I must confess that that is not my guitar. Those are my legs, however.

xFFNLjz.jpg?2

Edited by vultureparade

yeah those Vans are the bomb, just wish they make them here would def pay more. 

Yes, I would definitely pay more. I also wish they'd make the Era in that same style - I like the slightly tighter fit around the ankle.

A friend told me that a lot of the machinery for sneakers to be made in America just doesn't physically exist any more, and that's why there aren't more startups designing made in the USA canvas sneakers (think Chucks and the like).

^seriously hope someone changes that. Its very frustrating having to settle on either new balances or some sweat shop made shit.

agreed. ive always wanted a made in the usa pair. they only switched manufacturing out of the states sometime in the 90s.

theres a guy online hocking deadstock pairs which were USA made. they run a little pricey but I think its worth it. Some of the old designs are wicked too. 

http://theothersideofthepillow.bigcartel.com/

When I was out in CA for inspiraiton! I talked to the guys from PF Flyers who confirmed that a domestic made version of their shoe will be made in Fall '14. 

The problem for a shoe like vans is that the soles are (or atleast were) vulcanized rubber.  Due to EPA regulation you can no longer vulcanize shoe rubber.  If you'll notice modern Converse and Vans soles are not vulcanized, and essentially composite rubber.  With all the cool developments some brands are making with converse clones it's only a matter of time before someone does small batch kiln fired 'vulcanized' rubber shoes ala shoes like pottery et cetera.

REALLY KICKING MYSELF FOR SKIPPING OUT ON THIS CONTEST - Got a text from pepper telling me to get in or else I'd regret it, and damn if he wasn't right! I have a pair of greasers and the indigo tee I've been focussing on (updates to come)  But still its Looking like a ton of fun so far, can't wait to see more updates.  The Chicago update was killer - and I am sure as it progresses there will be even more cool stuff coming out of the twin cities.

Folks were talking about super heroes a few pages back -- in my head I've always pictured Left Field outfitting a prison baseball team.  I don't know if they still do prison baseball -- but anyhow.

Keep doing all the cool shit you guys are doing -- those tube tees are awesome looking.

Folks were talking about super heroes a few pages back -- in my head I've always pictured Left Field outfitting a prison baseball team.  I don't know if they still do prison baseball -- but anyhow.

Something like the Baseball Furies would be awesome.

Part 2

Jortslife's "photoshoot" 

13425007774_edeaa7fc53.jpg

13425009944_667475f813.jpg

13425012384_8998563e28.jpg

Butt shots are extra points, right?

13424655015_0cf25269c7.jpg

13425021504_1af6113159.jpg

13425025274_2a8c5870e5.jpg

jortslife's 90's rap game is on point

13424666265_3ab5c0635d.jpg

13424785123_6b0c811c29.jpg

13425029134_bbac5f238d.jpg

13424669955_b68bef7e78.jpg

Photoshoot concluded.  Okay, I apologize for spamming all of the photos, but bear with me. More cool sweats shots to come. 

I thought butt shots were only extra points for the women!

IMG_20140329_114613_zpseomqifvq.jpg

IMG_20140329_114045_zps1mox9bxq.jpg

Hey gang! After a month of wear, starting to see some subtle fades on the thigh and on the hem. I haven't soaked or washed these yet.

As a kid I was known to change clothes 2 or 3 times a day (just for a little variety), so wearing a single item of clothing day after day is always test of endurance for me. But these sweats are great!

Edited by copper

Did you give them a wash at all?  I was in-between choosing a Medium or Large, but went with a Large.  The waist is a bit bigger than I'd like, but the length is pretty perfect.

Yep, soaked and hot dried.  The waist shrunk and immediately stretched back out.  The thighs, calves and inseam shrunk a tiny bit.  The length is ok, I just have to wear them a little higher than I would like to.   

Those tees are looking brilliant!

Edited by zenrunner

Must say I am blown away at the shirts I received in the mystery box. Not sure how old the black one I have is, but it's the one with the seams coming up over the shoulder to the neck. Are these still made, or anything similar.

Yes happybaby butt shots are only bonus points for girls. It's the least I can do for male/female equality in the universe. 

Prison baseball team uniforms sound bad ass, reminds me of one of my fav old movies Stir Crazy. I did a tee back in the day for Japan, it was a design off a South Dakota Prison Rodeo flyer. Would love to check one out some day if they still exist.

@jyoni do you have to work so hard (in your sweats!)?

Tradesmen in sweats are hilarious.  I have become one because of this contest.  Difference is...these sweats are dope.

The inspector was by the other day to check out the load bearing points on those huge stair pieces.  I wore jeans for that meeting ;)

image_zpsbbd510c6.jpg

Just finished up taking @ekso's lil pup on a walk. Took some photos with a disposable camera too while we were out, so just gotta get those developed and see how they turned out. (Probably not as cool as @formulas just as a heads up)

Ya know, I was actually toying with the idea of grabbing a disposable camera and seeing what i could get out of it. It's been probably 8 years since I've touched one. I look forward to seeing what comes out of yours. 

Ya know, I was actually toying with the idea of grabbing a disposable camera and seeing what i could get out of it. It's been probably 8 years since I've touched one. I look forward to seeing what comes out of yours.

I'm no skilled photographer but I figured why not mess around with it, I'll probably end up posting the results either way and well see what everyone thinks.