Left Field Jeans

scotty2

I stopped by the Left Field shop the other day, here are some pics of the shop (Apologies in advance for the quality)

85LDJhx.jpg

zJsdz1d.jpg

Christian's duck chino's

abL3U6m.jpg

Cheesy smile in front of LFNYC headquarters with mfarmtown's indigo dyed Jack Purcell's. Internet famous!

l0edUAx.png

Bonus Seneca Ave platform pictures

NQS3SQB.jpg

cml5h7x.jpg

Christian allowed me to pick up a few tshirts from the variety box sale on the house. Thanks again Christian!

BPTt7It.jpg

ve0X3Yp.jpg

dXcUBTA.jpg

Thanks again for having me Christian and Andrew!

Edited by EmperorSelassieEye

nice picts man, and you took in the M train, fun ride thru the hood on the elevated train. If you look hard there is an antique Planters Peanut guy painted on the wall under the graffiti right below the arrow on the right hand side. Thanks for reppin hard SelassieEye!

@satchelbmoore how about we send you pics and you post them for us?!  :rolleyes:

that's fine!

@happybabyyoga Sandy Girl is gorgeous!

@EmperorSelassieEye Nice pics! 

@jyoni is tearing it up! I'm going to have to start rolling around on gravel or something to try and compete.

Here's a quick and admittedly awful picture I took tonight. I was rocking Left Field top and bottom today with a Tartan Workshirt and Sweat Pant combo. I love the workshirt. I wish I had picked up the two other colors when they were available.

H8wbxjb.jpg?1

Satchel you foo :laugh: I told you no big-head pics, ever...you know how unphotogenic I am.  Thanks for taking em buddy I'm glad people like them.  I'll still get some posed fits up once my pumps arrive.

More from earlier that day (sans Madden big-head mode)

Sweats

13139658155_a5d7542156_c.jpg

Working on these at the moment

13139937554_5fb581359e_c.jpg

13139655805_81485270b0_z.jpg

13139774723_fca8cdd215_z.jpg

@jyoni - You look like a blue-collar super hero! I dig it!

Superb, although it's not just blue collar; it's blue arms, blue torso, blue legs, etc....

In fact that gives me an idea. Perhaps the next Superman should have an indigo-dyed costume. Imagine the fades the Man of Steel could produce with his lifestyle! The designer and manufacturer? Metropolis's very own Left Field of course...

Edited by Maynard Friedman

nice ad!

posting here for susan, who's doing good work!:

"post hot wash and full hot dry. some shrinkage, better fit overall, still a tad long. some nice fade on the inseams (YES!)-- probably from walking through snow/ice melt puddles with the puppy."

61D8FA9E-AEB5-4446-BF23-CD098CE23EFA_zps

A604DBED-4DD8-478B-AF66-281A40AFADBB_zps

DD648410-058A-44F8-8CA9-35DABE238BE5_zps

D57D24A8-707C-4877-837C-A38963701EBD_zps

Last night I went and got a new tattoo, of course decked out in a bit of Left Field gear.QY2kDgNl.jpg

amFvT6Dl.jpg

g4CumVcl.jpg

zTWZpOOl.jpg

Zhq6GUjl.jpg

I've been wearing the flight jacket a lot this winter, basically any time it gets above 20, otherwise I need some more insulation.

The sweatpants have been great, and I've been super impressed with how well they go with everything and kinda just take the place of jeans. There a little big in the waist though, so if anybody has any thoughts on just shrinking that part without shrinking the inseam I'd love to hear them. I'm already seeing fading on the inseam, especially where my feet might rub together. There's also a lot of fading on the inside of the hem. Unfortunately the phone on my camera can't really pick it up in my apartments light.

I'm also wearing a left field tee in these photos. Hands down the best tees for the price.

BTW how are we supposed to compete with jyoni doing construction in sweats!!!??

Last night I went and got a new tattoo, of course decked out in a bit of Left Field gear.

BTW how are we supposed to compete with jyoni doing construction in sweats!!!??

@jortslife- I can dig it! You look so happy!

And I agree I cannot compete with jyoni. I will have to roll around in dirt or something to have a shot at winning haha.

jorts, If you eat enough chicago-style dogs, you'll get some nice fades! i'm ready for one. 

any MSP peeps coming to pho-riday tonight? i'll be rocking' my sweats. rumor has it jyoni will be fading his sweats there tonight too.

9pm at trieu chau on university ave @ mackubin. 

@jortslife- I can dig it! You look so happy!

And I agree I cannot compete with jyoni. I will have to roll around in dirt or something to have a shot at winning haha.

I'm pretty excited about it haha.

I think I need to pick up a new hobby like mining or forrestry to wear these sweats in.

nice ad!

posting here for susan, who's doing good work!:

"post hot wash and full hot dry. some shrinkage, better fit overall, still a tad long. some nice fade on the inseams (YES!)-- probably from walking through snow/ice melt puddles with the puppy."

61D8FA9E-AEB5-4446-BF23-CD098CE23EFA_zps

A604DBED-4DD8-478B-AF66-281A40AFADBB_zps

DD648410-058A-44F8-8CA9-35DABE238BE5_zps

D57D24A8-707C-4877-837C-A38963701EBD_zps

Thanks for posting satchelbmoore!  :)

jorts, If you eat enough chicago-style dogs, you'll get some nice fades! i'm ready for one. 

any MSP peeps coming to pho-riday tonight? i'll be rocking' my sweats. rumor has it jyoni will be fading his sweats there tonight too.

9pm at trieu chau on university ave @ mackubin. 

Wish I could join you in my sweats...  heading over to the North Loop...

So I Greasers were just cut and going into sewing, The Chelsea's are prob cutting today and that's all the denim shown in the pict except for the 10 oz nep JP denim, that is a new summer weight we are experimenting with. I gets hot as balls in NYC in the summer as well as many other areas so we wanted to offer a cool lightweight denim that was stiff enough to feel like a jean and also a bit of surface character, the nep. 

So the breakdown in the pict is as follows

1-18oz collect, new heavy weight super thick veg tan label. The patch will be red on nat for The Chelsea, going on all jeans 16 oz and higher will be cut in The Chelsea only

2-Collect grey heather melange selvedge denim 14 oz The Chelsea only. Red stripe Selvedge ID (small cut)

3- Candiani(Italian) lots of nep 14 oz softer denim cool green selvedge ID (small cut)

4-10 oz Jp deadstock, nice nep, fairly stiff 10 oz, chambray fill, thick white selvedge ID vintage 40's indigo color(cutting later for summer)

5-Kaihara 14 oz, lots of slub, fuzzy surface, lots of grain in the weave red,white, blue selvedge ID(small cut)

6-Cone 15 oz currently in stock

All of these are currently being cut except the 10 oz. Two other denims being cut are the 23 oz Greaser collect Mills deep dye with slub, very limited and cannot cut this heavy again. Factory has refused to go above 18 for future cuts,  broke too many needles and machines sewing it. LF Online EX special low price currently preorder.)  The other denim is a Cone 17 oz, dark indigo dye with a gold selvedge ID, both fits. 

We will be experimenting with a lot of new denims mostly one time small runs so if you're interested buy early or sizes may sell out quickly. thanks,  Christian

You doing the 10oz in both fits? Any way to pre-order sooner rather than later?

Thanks!

Dan

@susan some nice fades on the inseam, will be very interesting seeing the progression on these with that happening so quickly. 

I have to slosh through some more melt puddles to keep up with jyoni!

@jortslife New haircut looks badass man. And i've been having the same waist issue with mine. They're pretty huge in the waist now and I think the only way to combat it is with a hot soak.

I'm thinking of just soaking the waist to see if it shrinks up enough. That way I won't have to constantly soak the whole thing every time it stretches out.  I believe @mfarmtown has the same thing happening too.

@satchel I wish I could have made it to pho-riday tonight unfortunately was working. I've got next Friday night off so I'm in for then! Also threw the sweats just in the dryer on high for about 20 minutes today and they shrunk up just slightly but fit a little tighter once again. Hope I can get some outdoor fits asap and get some more shots up.

I could have definitely sized down 1 on my sweats, but honestly I kind of wanted the sweats to fit loose.  The drawstring has worked really well for me, and I haven't thought about them being oversized at all other than when I put them on in the morning.

Anyway - I wanted to show you guys the newest member of my girlfriend and I's family.  Meet Lionel the King Charles Cavalier Spaniel  :D  :D  :D Sorry for the iPhone pictures, but after more than 14 hours of driving today I can't pull out the real camera.

0aqq6jv.jpg

LrtCUeD.jpg

3VIlpu1.jpg

Well, this petite gal is very happy!  Washed sweats on hot and then in dryer on hot until completely dry--- this took some bagginess out and shrunk them a bit in the length.  Today I went to see Tom Tailor (BEST tailor around!)  He tapered and hemmed the sweats and now I'm ready to take off to Palm Springs and do some breaking in (destroying)....   :)   However, it looks like I might have to take up some construction job like jyoni.  Teaching yoga does not appear to be as good a profession for wearing them in!  Perhaps I need to teach more aggressively!

13181330825_8d857a703c.jpg
image by happybabyyoga, on Flickr

13181176365_7b54fc93e9.jpg

13181261813_902a6b3083.jpg

13181252663_108014ce3d.jpg

I could have definitely sized down 1 on my sweats, but honestly I kind of wanted the sweats to fit loose.  The drawstring has worked really well for me, and I haven't thought about them being oversized at all other than when I put them on in the morning.

Anyway - I wanted to show you guys the newest member of my girlfriend and I's family.  Meet Lionel the King Charles Cavalier Spaniel  :D  :D  :D Sorry for the iPhone pictures, but after more than 14 hours of driving today I can't pull out the real camera.

0aqq6jv.jpg

LrtCUeD.jpg

3VIlpu1.jpg

She is beautiful & adorable!!!

Lazy Sundays mean finally catching up on Freaks and Geeks

aDPf9MB.jpg

I also noticed a hole forming at the crotch area. I'm going to go to my tailor this week to have it repaired

p0y55gS.jpg

Susan, I like the work.  I must say I did also like the light stack you had going.  But they look good.

And hey folks, I can't accept that outlook.  No way!  Don't worry about my fades.  There are way too many types of fades, plus many different tastes in fades.  I can't tell you how envious I am of other people's fades.  My laps always outpace everything else in anything I wear and I really wish my wear was more even.

Edited by jyoni

In fact that gives me an idea. Perhaps the next Superman should have an indigo-dyed costume. Imagine the fades the Man of Steel could produce with his lifestyle! The designer and manufacturer? Metropolis's very own Left Field of course...

Even the villains would be pretty cool in such a world.  They'd have cool names...like Dyejob, Slub, Doctor Denim, etc.

:laugh2: