Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

I'm sure we all remember a kid when we were 16 or 17, that acted like he was still 12, and probably behaved that way as a means of getting attention. All the activity photos of this "crew" remind me of that kid.

Maybe I'm an old fart at 32, but it was a helluva long time ago when you'd have seen my intentionally slide down a grassy hill and make a mess of my jeans. I guess I've always had more respect for my clothing, and the time spent to earn the money to pay for it.

You buy quality, heavy duty jeans...to baby them? Seriously, I may not have the balls to paint my jeans gold, but if I had the time I'd be fucking psyched to be able to do shit like what they're doing. These jeans were made to reflect an era when clothing in general wasn't made to be fashionable, it was made to be reliable and be ready for whatever was required. Enough with this nonsense of, "I'd never do that to my pair of $300 jeans" that shows how much your mindstate isn't that of the Americana enthusiast.

I've had a couple drinks and I'm exhausted..I can't quite translate my thoughts into words right now.

I'm sure we all remember a kid when we were 16 or 17, that acted like he was still 12, and probably behaved that way as a means of getting attention. All the activity photos of this "crew" remind me of that kid.

Maybe I'm an old fart at 32, but it was a helluva long time ago when you'd have seen my intentionally slide down a grassy hill and make a mess of my jeans. I guess I've always had more respect for my clothing, and the time spent to earn the money to pay for it.

You buy quality, heavy duty jeans...to baby them? Seriously, I may not have the balls to paint my jeans gold, but if I had the time I'd be fucking psyched to be able to do shit like what they're doing. These jeans were made to reflect an era when clothing in general wasn't made to be fashionable, it was made to be reliable and be ready for whatever was required. Enough with this nonsense of, "I'd never do that to my pair of $300 jeans" that shows how much your mindstate isn't that of the Americana enthusiast.

I've had a couple drinks and I'm exhausted..I can't quite translate my thoughts into words right now.

wtf is this?

Just a guess, but I'm thinking that that is a pair of denims that klue made. Note the wonky stitching and the "homestyle" look.

I'd call this off topic (not FCs, therefore not relevant) but I'd also say its interesting, if in fact these guys are MAKING jeans in addition to buying and wearing them.

wtf is this?

Just a guess, but I'm thinking that that is a pair of denims that klue made. Note the wonky stitching and the "homestyle" look.

I'd call this off topic (not FCs, therefore not relevant) but I'd also say its interesting, if in fact these guys are MAKING jeans in addition to buying and wearing them.

I wouldn't do that to a $40 pair of jeans. It's called respect.

People in this era you're so enthusiastic about didn't abuse or mistreat their clothing. They had respect for themselves, their clothing, and the money spent on it. Yeah, work wear got pretty dirty and ragged, but real work clothing wasn't worn around town. And by the 50s that kid wearing 501s as daily wear was expect to treat them like the wool pants his dad wore a couple decades earlier. I have a friend that grew up in the 50s, and knows of my interest in old style denim. He told me he got new clothes once a year (spring), you better have bought those $4 Levis at least one size big (for shrinkage and to grow into) or mom would beat you, and you better take care of them because you weren't getting new clothes until next spring. Come home with a rip or tear in them, mom AND dad would beat you. My parents instilled in me that same respect for my clothing, though they wouldn't beat me (that I can remember!).

People in this era you're so enthusiastic about didn't abuse or mistreat their clothing. They had respect for themselves, their clothing, and the money spent on it. Yeah, work wear got pretty dirty and ragged, but real work clothing wasn't worn around town. And by the 50s that kid wearing 501s as daily wear was expect to treat them like the wool pants his dad wore a couple decades earlier. I have a friend that grew up in the 50s, and knows of my interest in old style denim. He told me he got new clothes once a year (spring), you better have bought those $4 Levis at least one size big (for shrinkage and to grow into) or mom would beat you, and you better take care of them because you weren't getting new clothes until next spring. Come home with a rip or tear in them, mom AND dad would beat you. My parents instilled in me that same respect for my clothing, though they wouldn't beat me (that I can remember!).

Dork. .

Dork. .

Whats wrong with using your own jeans the way you want to use them?

I like it, it reminds me of Jackass without the nakedness, vomit, shopping karts, drunken, pissy, shitty, bloody, underpants.

Whats wrong with using your own jeans the way you want to use them?

I like it, it reminds me of Jackass without the nakedness, vomit, shopping karts, drunken, pissy, shitty, bloody, underpants.

i started a new thread to talk about all this crap so no more hating in this most holiest of threads.... only fullcount contest denims from here out....

check out "what to do with $300 workpants"....

i started a new thread to talk about all this crap so no more hating in this most holiest of threads.... only fullcount contest denims from here out....

check out "what to do with $300 workpants"....