Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

I have beautifully faded blue jeans, i am looking for something new. it is spring time. the gold on kawawakas has already come off in many places. there are gold flakes on my jeans,in the grass, on the stones and the walls.

young punch, does it look like we are sitting around a lot?

i want to see what your other pairs of jeans look like...

holy crap, what type of stuff are you doing in them to get them to fade that fast?

It could have something to do with that longboard. Any fabric touching the ground at 40mph will suffer...

You find yourself somewhere after a two weeks on mushrooms and that is how your jeans are like!

Damn... I think it's actually interesting. :)

thats what im saying. even if you dont like what they are doing, they still spiced up a (sigh) boring thread. action pics would be nice too. mine are fading twice as fast as i expected, and i work in a cigarette warehouse.

Seconded,Moykky and Salaami! After this thread became a bit quiet the last days I was positively surprised when I checked it this morning.To me klue and kawawakas pairs are more like modern art and giving denim customizesation (does this word exist??:P) a new direction.How about a special prize for best oddity?

Thanks almostnice, I get it now. It seems to me as though wabi-sabi refers to the wear caused by gentle, repetitive action, whereas what Klue and his "buddy" have done seems no be a series of different one-off shock treatments and and certainly not gentle......so definitley not wabi sabi.

On the other hand, its progressive and artful, or at least seems so thus far.

#77 size 31 1105

BEGAN MARCH 2

THREE RICE STARCHES

MUSHROOMS

TWO PORK GREEZIN'

SIX HOUR BOIL

REPTAILIAN CRAWL (KUNG FU DRUNK)

MUSHROOOMS CHOCOLATES

PENNSYLVANIA PURPLE

JOHNNY APPLE SEED

SEE IF YOU CAN FIND THE KAWAWAKA FISH???

COME SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT

I DO MAKE HOUSE CALLS

WORLD WIDE

I LOVE NORIKO

P1010376.jpg

P1010375.jpg

P1010373.jpg

P1010385.jpg

P1010384.jpg

P1010387.jpg

P1010388.jpg

P1010389.jpg

IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/lukedavis/contest%20denim/P1010379.jpg[/img]

P1010377.jpg

P1010378.jpg

wow you must be famous.

Thanks almostnice, I get it now. It seems to me as though wabi-sabi refers to the wear caused by gentle, repetitive action, whereas what Klue and his "buddy" have done seems no be a series of different one-off shock treatments and and certainly not gentle......so definitley not wabi sabi.

On the other hand, its progressive and artful, or at least seems so thus far.

none of the treatments are as extreme as you think. you can't really call them treatments either, more like techniques. Don't be afraid to experiment. You can't wear these jeans too hard because in the end it always looks great.

"originally posted by kawawaka view post

#77 size 31 1105

BEGAN MARCH 2

THREE RICE STARCHES

MUSHROOMS

TWO PORK GREEZIN'

SIX HOUR BOIL

MUSHROOOMS CHOCOLATES

PENNSYLVANIA PURPLE

JOHNNY APPLE SEED

I DO MAKE HOUSE CALLS

WORLD WIDE

I LOVE NORIKO"

Is this a recipie for "cooking" your denim into MODERN ART or just insane ramblings?

there really is no satisfactory answer I feel. Life posses you with new opportunities at every turn, whether or not you embrace them is the best answer I can give. Sometimes its best to just give into you wildest whims.

Well, I for one welcome our new Extreme Denim Overloards!

there really is no satisfactory answer I feel. Life posses you with new opportunities at every turn, whether or not you embrace them is the best answer I can give. Sometimes its best to just give into you wildest whims.

Why does everyone one of their posts look like it was translated from Japanese using a Jerry Garcia translator?

Generally my wildest whims aren't to thrash 300 dollar master crafted Japanese garments to make them look like the new Diesel wash, but to each their own i guess.

Why does everyone one of their posts look like it was translated from Japanese using a Jerry Garcia translator?

Generally my wildest whims aren't to thrash 300 dollar master crafted Japanese garments to make them look like the new Diesel wash, but to each their own i guess.

"originally posted by kawawaka view post

#77 size 31 1105

BEGAN MARCH 2

THREE RICE STARCHES

MUSHROOMS

TWO PORK GREEZIN'

SIX HOUR BOIL

MUSHROOOMS CHOCOLATES

PENNSYLVANIA PURPLE

JOHNNY APPLE SEED

I DO MAKE HOUSE CALLS

WORLD WIDE

I LOVE NORIKO"

...Tropio, Is that how Diesel does it?

Everyone keeps talking about the price of the denims. If these were 501's, would it be cool to "trash" them like these clowns are doing?

Everyone keeps talking about the price of the denims. If these were 501's, would it be cool to "trash" them like these clowns are doing?

If they were $30 STFs, it would kinda be okay. But I can't imagine doing something like that to jeans as nice as my 0105s are, or to pair of LVC.

almostnice, are you asking me why I care about other peoples jeans? or are you asking the forum in general?

I care in this case because i heard about the contest and am interested in whats happening. And because I care about my own jeans, Its interesting to look at other peoples jeans. And It seems as though superdenim forum exists solely for people who care about jeans...regardless of who's jeans they are. Am I wrong about this?

edit: it seems you deleted your orginal post...

but i must ask.....how many washes?

One hot soak

One boil

Lots I spot hand washings because the same jeans I wear in the mud, I wear in the club

Wabi-sabi has nothing to do with intentionally destroying jeans.

Like many things, it is not something that can be intentionally created I don't think.

Doesn't mean dying or altering them can't be cool... but it's not wabi-sabi.

(those brown ones made me throw up in my mouth... Pork grease?)

The holes were not intentional, neither Is the pork, the paint will fade, that is wabi sabi.

If they were $30 STFs, it would kinda be okay. But I can't imagine doing something like that to jeans as nice as my 0105s are, or to pair of LVC.

I would never invest so much time on stfs, I want the spirit of the Japanese craftsman as well as the quality of japan denim

Show me these deisel jeans