Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

this all just seems over the top.

for me, breaking-in blue jeans is about living in your jeans and letting them naturally reflect your life; not spray painting them gold and trying to tear them up.

but whatever. i'm sure that anymore posts by these two gentlemen will solidify my thoughts about them.

if you skated HARD in them for like 8 hrs a day or more, and do hiking, and other mad strenuous activities, its possible. like on some steve-o wild boys shit. dont hate people. these two have unique pairs, and at least if you have an aversion to theirs it should spurn an equal appreciation for the more 'standard' contest denims...what they eat dont make you shit!

but i must ask.....how many washes?

Salaami,

I skated my APCs for a solid 3 months, and i mean 8-10 hour days and 6-7 times a week. And in all that time, i didnt come close to getting the wear this dude has gotten in the two weeks..

Somethings a bit fishy. The denim looks absolutely awesome, but there was too much messing around with it to make them look any good..

To each their own i guess....

ANYWAY, anyone know what the winner gets ? :D

Haha and what club is that?

Seriously though, your jeans need more sequins and rhinestones.

for the wabi-sabi!

its actually funny. there is only one club in my town. it is called indigo

for me, breaking-in blue jeans is about living in your jeans and letting them naturally reflect your life; not spray painting them gold and trying to tear them up.

but whatever. i'm sure that anymore posts by these two gentlemen will solidify my thoughts about them.

wait till you see why they are gold i will post picks tomorrow............. the tears happened from use, not picked apart with tools..... dont imagine how you would make jeans look so ridiculus, imagine what others could have done

Salaami,

I skated my APCs for a solid 3 months, and i mean 8-10 hour days and 6-7 times a week. And in all that time, i didnt come close to getting the wear this dude has gotten in the two weeks..

Somethings a bit fishy. The denim looks absolutely awesome, but there was too much messing around with it to make them look any good..

To each their own i guess....

ANYWAY, anyone know what the winner gets ? :D

longboarding miles up hill will give you wicked wiskers, especially top speed. but most of the fading is from climbing trees, buildings and monuments

it looks awesome but at the same time doesn't look any good?

what do you mean by messing around??

I went to the mall yesterday and saw this group of tween girls walking around with band-aids on random parts of skin. One girl had one across her forehead, another had 3 of them on the back of her upper arm.

Either they got into a cat fight with another crew or they were just looking for attention. You can never anticipate what people will do next.

Parkour? 10char

i wouldn't give myself the credit of being that gracefull or swift but kawawaka is definately on the level

I went to the mall yesterday and saw this group of tween girls walking around with band-aids on random parts of skin. One girl had one across her forehead, another had 3 of them on the back of her upper arm.

Either they got into a cat fight with another crew or they were just looking for attention. You can never anticipate what people will do next.

i originally thought it best to share the jeans only in the end because i knew that people would be so shocked so early on......but i thought the community would appreciate something interesting on this thread and i even thought that someone else might have been thinking about being more creative with their jeans and that these may provide the extra confidence needed to take the plunge. I dont do this things for attention, i want to contribute something new. If i just wanted attention, i just have to post up downtown with my crew. I wouldn't be loading pics of jeans on an online forum. that doesn't get me laid.

longboarding miles up hill will give you wicked wiskers, especially top speed. but most of the fading is from climbing trees, buildings and monuments

it looks awesome but at the same time doesn't look any good?

what do you mean by messing around??

The denim looks awesome, the customization looks iffy at best. Im pretty sure most of the people who bought these, wanted to bring back the vintage fit/wear thats associated with a cut like this. As for the messing around, i mean picking at holes so you have something to repair.

Afterall, it is a contest. Do what you have to in order to win.

holy crap, what type of stuff are you doing in them to get them to fade that fast?

climbing trees, longboarding, dumpsterdiving, grinding at the club, sitting on the ground, crawling up mountains, falling, sliding down grass hill, dancing, posting up on stone, biking, hiking, camping, wrestling, the get tough workout program, soccer, climbing all the monuments in d.c., running, grinding all moss covered trees and rocks to build up that natural greencast, chilling hard, streching, cooking, bushwhacking, not taking the beaten path, squeezeing into small places, exploring. Spring break + nice weather+ a crew of denimheads= lots o' fades

As for the messing around, i mean picking at holes so you have something to repair.

he went down a huge hill on his skateboard while lying down on his stomach,face first. you would have to be magic to not get any holes. please stop accusing us of artificial distress, we are active people

climbing trees, longboarding, dumpsterdiving, grinding at the club, sitting on the ground, crawling up mountains, falling, sliding down grass hill, dancing, posting up on stone, biking, hiking, camping, wrestling, the get tough workout program, soccer, climbing all the monuments in d.c., running, grinding all moss covered trees and rocks to build up that natural greencast, chilling hard, streching, cooking, bushwhacking, not taking the beaten path, squeezeing into small places, exploring. Spring break + nice weather+ a crew of denimheads= lots o' fades

"denimheads" don't play soccer.

Klue, are you bragging?

The denim looks awesome, the customization looks iffy at best. Im pretty sure most of the people who bought these, wanted to bring back the vintage fit/wear thats associated with a cut like this. As for the messing around, i mean picking at holes so you have something to repair.

Afterall, it is a contest. Do what you have to in order to win.

Competition brings out the best in people, eh?

there is no way those jeans could fade that much in less than 2 weeks with "normal wear"

After wearing my 0105s all day for two weeks straight, and seeing just two little wear spots in the indigo thanks to my belt buckle and one of the buttons, I have no doubt those jeans have had some help. Even with hard wear, you're not going to loose that much blue, that fast.

After wearing my 0105s all day for two weeks straight, and seeing just two little wear spots in the indigo thanks to my belt buckle and one of the buttons, I have no doubt those jeans have had some help. Even with hard wear, you're not going to loose that much blue, that fast.

Agreed. Look at his 8 month FHs. There is some good wear on those, but if this is how they look after 2 weeks, then his FHs should have been totally fucked. I'm not saying the dude sanded, but I think he/they are trying way to hard.

That being said, I really don't care. Personally I think it is retarded that someone would want to try hard to fade their jeans or write on them, or whatever, but it's up to them. I say let this 'crew' do as they please.

Look at his 8 month FHs. There is some good wear on those, but if this is how they look after 2 weeks, then his FHs should have been totally fucked. I'm not saying the dude sanded, but I think he/they are trying way to hard.

i the time i wore the flatheads, i was also wearing the skulls, sugarcane greentea okinawas, pbj 005 blacks, vintage lees, vintage wranglers,and black ironhearts. Just because i have had them eightmonths doesn't mean i have only worn them. Besides, i have been inside all winter.

Everyone needs to stop whining about how these two have somehow artificially faded their jeans and have subsequently ruined them. This is ridiculous. The jeans are clearly not ruined.

My friends and I have come to the realization that a pair of japanese denim is just about the one of greatest pairs of pants man has ever made. That being said, you can do anything in them. Honestly. I'm becoming convinced my pair has superhuman powers...almost.

I feel many people around here aren't aggressive outdoors people, nor are they artistically inclined so its tough for them to imagine what our day to day lives must be like. Kawawaka for example yesterday went swimming in a freezing cold river. I wouldn't even do that, but he does stuff like that every day. Its in his nature. And how he wears his jeans is much more true to the spirit of denim than a graphic designer who wears his jeans to the office every day. Our lives are interesting, experimental, and at times can be pretty abstract and surreal, but we're always having fun and playing. I think that's the main point, the jeans have brought out a renewed sense of childhood in all of us and we're all just playing like we used to, remember, when you didn't give a shit about your clothes?

ONEDAY.

i the time i wore the flatheads, i was also wearing the skulls, sugarcane greentea okinawas, pbj 005 blacks, vintage lees, vintage wranglers,and black ironhearts. Just because i have had them eightmonths doesn't mean i have only worn them. Besides, i have been inside all winter.

You left out that detail in the evolution of jeans thread.

how might i have "Helped" them?

I think that's the main point, the jeans have brought out a renewed sense of childhood in all of us and we're all just playing like we used to, remember, when you didn't give a shit about your clothes?

ONEDAY.

THese jeans are among the most durable garments in the world, and they were designed that way. Everyone can agree that the orgins of Japanese Denim are based in the american west when men had just one pair of pants that they wore constantly for as long as they would last. Now we seem to have taken the original design intent of strong, master crafted denim and fetishized it into something that is oddly removed from the active lifestyles they were meant to support. SO the question is, is the beauty of the jeans based in their "objecthood", in their quality and the way they adapt themselves in a unique way over time to the wearer, or is the beauty of the jeans about what a really strong pair of pants allows you to do? The argument on this thread seems to be Klue and Clearbolt advocating the latter concept, emphasizing the utility of the peices, wheras their detractors seem to be interested in the fashion.....

AMIRITE?:o

Almostnice, I'm thinking a momotaro contest with their 15.7oz regular cut. I've wanted those for awhile anyway.

I wouldnt mind taking a momotaro to the test.Denim Phenom,do you mean this one http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=4801&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Would also love a Ooe-Yofukuten 1301XX,(47-55cut,unsanforized).Anymore ideas/options for a contest?