Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

i was on the can last night and as i looked down at my crotch i saw the place on the butt seam&yoke where i reinforced the stitching with this thread that hoes sew in weave with. it's not cotton, so ima smoke some captain crunch(with flavor crystals!) and replace the fake thread with some of gordon's thread. thats how much i hate plastic thread. i had forgotten all about it.

tvshooter, great fit & im actually surprised there's already fading visible. I've been wearing my 1108's since 02/13 everyday now about 14 hours a day but still no noticeable fades anywhere...

i was on the can last night and as i looked down at my crotch i saw the place on the butt seam&yoke where i reinforced the stitching with this thread that hoes sew in weave with. it's not cotton, so ima smoke some captain crunch(with flavor crystals!) and replace the fake thread with some of gordon's thread. thats how much i hate plastic thread. i had forgotten all about it.

lmao @ weave thread.

i wish i had bigger back pockets.. feels like stuff is about to fall out... probably would help with the 'looking too far apart' thing too

Exactly, my size 29 pockets are so small I can't even carry my wallet there.

After quick measure, my sz 31 backpockets are about 0.5" wider and 0.8" longer than 29's. My size 30 pockets are about same width as 29 but they're about 0.5" longer (this can be due to 30's being much older pair and patterns can change).

I've worn these only about three days and while measuring I noticed that they've faded quite a bit already. Fast faders these buggers... :)

rawdate1.th.jpg

rawfront1.th.jpg

rawrear1.th.jpg

washfront1.th.jpg

washrear1.th.jpg

My jeans arrived in Finland yesterday, and I didn't have to pay a single penny in tax or tariffs, because they went through (and got stuck in) Ireland, which resulted in them travelling the rest of the journey via Ireland national mail. Ireland being an EU country, the package just went straight through Finland's customs! Everything worked out better than expected, despite the horrendous wait.

I wish I had taken more pictures of them when they were raw, because I swear they were at least 40" long. They looked hilariously large even on my 6'5" frame.

I gave them a quick hot soak, followed by a 1 hour wash in 70'c water and finally hang-dried them. The back pockets are large enough on my size 33 0105's. I think the fit turned out well enough for a guy with a lot of junk in the trunk. I swear that doing squats at the gym is just beefing up my arse instead of my legs.

013 started on the 11th of March 2009. I really should have waited a couple of days for Friday the 13th...

no problemo, if you have the cut-off scraps from the hemming job, (or any other hem scraps) just cut one of the threads, and pull. the chainstitch should unravel into 2 pieces of thread. i believe FC uses one yellow, one orangish-brown, with the yellow being visible from the outside. wet the thread, and run it between your fingers to straighten it out, cause it'll be hella crinkly. gordons thread is just like the thread the manufacturers of the jeans use. he aint stingy either. i had to reinforce the majority of the arse-seam since i tend to sit on brick steps and smoke after work. i replaced the plastic thread with gordons, but you can find it cheap anywhere koreans sell hoes hair! :Di know bitches in canada get they weave on

sroks fit like the 0105 is supposed to

We have now about 40 contestants checked in,with the highest number being 90.What is happening to the 50 others?Did BIG sold all of them,are they still in the post or do some people just bought the jeans and didnt bother to sign up?Just curious!

And....it might be a bit early,but what are you guys planning to do in a year or so...given that organizing a contest takes a lot of time?I wouldnt mind taking part in another contest then.what do you think,anything in the pipeline for now?

am i the only one who hasn't done the tag/arcs yet?

klue, what the fuck did you do to the pockets? bleached them?ughhhhhh nice fading there and it hasn't even been a month. you must have been fighting many bears.

my jeans only fade to the lifestyle of a booknerd chinese kidm, and my biggest fades come from carrying two knives in my right pocket.