Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

^^and leave those annoying ass creases you have to iron out. basically, if you absolutely need to hot dry because you think they are still too loose, you should've sized down one. this denim stretches considerably. sizing up on the 1108 is better than the 0105 with too-baggy thighs. gordon always says its about how the thighs fit, probably because the waist will stretch and work itself out. cheers!

setterman, that be me. I had the wrong pair shipped to me. I ordered 0105C but I received 1108C. So upon returning them, the re-shipped pair did not have a number but I am #030.

You should ask Johnny or Gordon about your number. It's important to keep track of the contestants. You may have the sickest fades at the end of the contest so.. be sure to find out.

Thanks! I've contacted them and have my number to apply myself.

Mine came too, #090, without ever getting a shipping notification. They're huge! I won't have time to wash, soak, customize till Thursday. I'll probably put on the tab, but I'm really not sure about the arcs. I don't have any jeans with plain pockets, so it would be nice to leave them as is, but on the other hand, this is such a great opportunity to have a kind DIY customized pair... If I do any arcs it will be painted ones, and in a non contrasting color, black or navy or maroon or something...

Will the arcs be a factor in the voting for this contest a year from now?

Here is a front and back fit picture. They seem HUGE right now. They fit perfect in the waist, and I hope they shrink a ton. BIG forgot to include the extra thread to stitch the arcuates, but they are sending some out today (thanks to Johnny). So I'm going to wait to sew them on. Johnny advised me to wait, since the stiff denim would be easier to put the template on, but I can't wait at this point. I need to soak them and check out the fit. I'll check it out with just the tab...maybe that's good enough.

IMGP0928.jpg

IMGP0929.jpg

IMGP0936.jpg

So I put the tab on, and I am about to throw them in the washer. I asked BIG to include the material that they cut off while hemming. Luckily the inside thread on the original cuff had the redish thread that is the proper color for sewing the tab back on. So I cut the outside hem threads, leaving the inside redish thread usable to sew the tab on.

IMGP0933.jpg

IMGP0934.jpg

IMGP0935.jpg

yeah, i do that all the time for repair thread if i have none. if you just pop one of the threads inside the hem, just pull one and you'll have 2 nice pieces of all-cotton japanese thread. the chain stitch unravels like the top of a bag of dog food.

Here is a front and back fit picture. They seem HUGE right now. They fit perfect in the waist, and I hope they shrink a ton. BIG forgot to include the extra thread to stitch the arcuates, but they are sending some out today (thanks to Johnny). So I'm going to wait to sew them on. Johnny advised me to wait, since the stiff denim would be easier to put the template on, but I can't wait at this point. I need to soak them and check out the fit. I'll check it out with just the tab...maybe that's good enough.

+rep for having the same uniqlo socks on as me.

Soaked my 0105Cs for five hours yesterday, then ran them through the dryer. Shrunk up nicely, and fit like I wanted at the waist, seat, and rise. Roomier than I'm used to in the legs, and would prefer straight vs. tapered. Oh well.

Like another poster (Mich?) I'm not really experiencing any color loss. Tub and water I soaked them in didn't really turn blue, and I'm not getting any blue on my hands even when the jeans were wet. The dry 1108Cs I handeled last week turned my hands pretty blue in just 5 minutes.

''straight outta customs, a crazy motherfucker named moykky...'' ha! i find it interesting how some of these bleed, and some dont. up to this point if someone asked me if the bleed i would've answered 'no'. well, this changes that. moykky where are you? im not familiar with the language on the newspaper. im stuck in slavetown USA @the moment. don't you just love the color of raw FCs? im african, and they're blacker than me!:D i asked gordon what the official caste is on these bad boys, but the answer is pending. busy guy. i asked johnny, but he had never heard of 'caste'. go figure. hes a friend of my favorite cousin, so i wont bash. hes helpful.

Like another poster (Mich?) I'm not really experiencing any color loss. Tub and water I soaked them in didn't really turn blue, and I'm not getting any blue on my hands even when the jeans were wet. The dry 1108Cs I handeled last week turned my hands pretty blue in just 5 minutes.

that was me, i only had a hint of blue underneath my fingernails after i handled them wet, with other jeans my hands were half blue after doing that.

Good to see a lot of guys receiving their pairs these days, i'm looking forward to some arc action and fit pics

I'm wearing mine today. I can not believe how much they shrank, and I love the fit. Pretty much exactly what I wanted. They feel exactly the same as my 66s fit wise, except not as slim past the knee, which is ok with me. They felt fairly stiff this morning after an all night dry, but not stiff enough to stand up on their own. Right now the denim feels like they are going to fade way faster than my 66s, but not as fast as sammys. I'm pretty excited for these, and I'm glad I waited for the longer inseam. Post soak fit pics to come later today.........

I have 0 bleeding at this point, except what they bled inside my washer.

I have to say that my favorite part of these jeans so far is the slim selvage line. It is about .5", which I think is perfect. That was my favorite part about my Okis, and I'm glad that FC did it that way as well.

The only real thing that I'm kinda bummed about is how fast the Lot # and size stamps wore off the patch. They are all but gone, but I guess that was going to happen eventually. The '2009' in Kanji seems to be holding up way better than the lot and size numbers. It will be interesting to see how that handles a belt rubbing against it constantly.

the parts on the patch in red are still clear and visible('fullcount&co/lot/L/W/dragons) but the actual black numbers (1108/28/34)are long gone. adum, in what aspect are your sams made better? my sams are sewn with an overall thicker thread, but from experience it broke in several places pretty fast. and zero denim is thick as hell, but once the warp threads start to fray, its no more durable than any other denim. i took a scrap of FC denim and grinded it against some rough-ass bricks for some shit, and no holes developed. its tougher than its softness might emply. you'll have to see em' to know what im saying. i like the white arcs.

post soak and wash:

they honestly didn't shrink as much as i thought they would, but they still fit ok. I probably could have easily sized down 1 (i went true to size), the waist only shrank to 32" and they are tagged 31, so right now I'm a little afraid they'll stretch out and then i'll need a belt. i almost want to give them another hot soak to see if I can get some more shrinkage but I don't want to take them off. i guess this gives me incentive to work out more.

Just throw them in a hot ass wash. Mine shrunk straight to tag size, without using the dryer. Threw in some boiling water, let the washer do it's thing for an extra long cycle.

I've basically found soaking a complete waste of time. Every pair of jeans I've soaked has wound up shrinking to a fit I don't like after their first wash.

ive been wondering whether the bags are made of zimb cotton? on my sams i had to repair the bags like no less than 10 times, no lie. actually i had to get these FC cause the bags are trashed, and i cant keep putting everything (even $ and change) in my back pockets. and BIG only does external repairs. and the fabric care tag is nice, but the words fade(as if i can read japanese)after a while. plus i dont follow their advise anyway. i only put pure raw african shea butter on my patches from now on. works lovely it has lipids to protect skin no other substance has(plus im african)

Just throw them in a hot ass wash. Mine shrunk straight to tag size, without using the dryer. Threw in some boiling water, let the washer do it's thing for an extra long cycle.

I've basically found soaking a complete waste of time. Every pair of jeans I've soaked has wound up shrinking to a fit I don't like after their first wash.

yeah for real hot wash all the way, but i boiled my sams and love how the patch came out so i might boil soak every jean for now on.