Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

Finally got around to uploading pics. Got these in early Feb, machine washed and dried on the 13th although I haven't actually worn them yet.

1108 - Size 32.

Just sewed on the tab. I must say I did a pretty crappy job and my fingers hurt now. Didn't want to do the standard tab I so went D'Artisan style.

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

okay this may sound really weird but I used to get urticaria (rash) around my inner thighs back when I was wearing my Levis. I thought they were dirty so I washed them and I had sporadic cases of rash once in a while. Not anymore though.

I'm getting rash on the deep inner thighs. There's like a line across my inner thigh where the creases of the jeans form when you sit. I may be sensitive to natural indigo.

LOL.

yeah the jeans rub my inner left thigh too, but I think it'll go away once it softens up, maybe you can try wearing some boxer-briefs or something

a-ight, pwing was first, whos next to flex and pop them pockets? vivo cotton thread, baby!you gonna have to nigga-rig them hoes in a minute. ask gordon for thread. he got some japanese thread that smacks anything you'll get at a thread store in the US.and he aint stingy. who wants faded jeans with completely intact stitching? looks silly. thats why i dont like flatheads.

^^ Cotton threads all the way. 0105 and not a single thread left un-repaired!

0105_repairs.jpg

By the way, the cotton patches used to strengthen are organic cotton patches used to rip body hair from womens places (with warmed beeswax/sugar. I bet it works for men too!). :D

Thanks Salaami, that one was meant for you! I'm actually quite proud of my repairs. The latest you cant even tell when you look at the "right" side. I do them with at least two or three different shades of gray and always paraller to the vertical weave.

so my pair arrived friday, turned out to be 1108C instead of the 0105C that I ordered, so they're going back to Gordon tomorrow to be exchanged... :D

i am seriously getting bummed about this contest since i've received no jeans yet or any click n ship email. seems like others will have their jeans a full month before i will. if i dont hear anything this week i might just request a refund....

i say if you're thinking about a refund, go for it. you won't be happy if you have to wait another second. plus i don't want this thread to get shitted up. i didn't get my tracking number or anything, but i can wait.

r32, I can assure you that the wait is worth it. When my jeans were wrongly shipped I was entirely deflated. Once the right pair arrived, I couldn't get them off. I almost wanted to sleep in them but the idea of a blue stained bed wouldn't look too good.

Hang in there, they are fucking awesome.

so my pair arrived friday, turned out to be 1108C instead of the 0105C that I ordered, so they're going back to Gordon tomorrow to be exchanged... :D

Bummer man, it might be another 2-3 weeks before you get those 0105 now! did you get charged by customs btw?

it really shouldnt make much difference. think about it...if you buy a pair of raw unsanf jeans straight from nippon, the arcs were already there. once soaked, the arcs/tab dont shift or anything. bach pockets dont shrink that much

it really shouldnt make much difference. think about it...if you buy a pair of raw unsanf jeans straight from nippon, the arcs were already there. once soaked, the arcs/tab dont shift or anything. bach pockets dont shrink that much

True...I probably will stitch first. That way I can sew everything on, throw them in the washer, and hang them up. Then I can wear them tomorrow with everything complete.

I really hope Gordon remembered to put that FC thread in with my package.

so gordon has a specific thread for FC? i know the yellow he sends me matches up damn-near perfect with FCs yellow(like on the inseam). let me look again..........yeah, color is spot-on;)

My 0105Cs came today, but there's no contest number assigned to them. Is this a problem? I've seen at least one other pair in this thread that lacked a number.

Any advice on getting the max shrinkage out of these? I tried a pair of 1108Cs last week and I wasn't going to get the rise and seat room I need with that model, so I went with the 0105C. They've got the room I need, but they're wider than I'd like in the leg, and looks like they may still be too wide after shrinking. Plan is to do an initial soak in hot water (around 130 degree F) for four hours, and then dry them in the dryer on the highest setting.

so gordon has a specific thread for FC? i know the yellow he sends me matches up damn-near perfect with FCs yellow(like on the inseam). let me look again..........yeah, color is spot-on;)

I'm assuming he is including the thread that he uses to hem them. I asked him if he hems them with the same FC yellow in 100% cotton. He said yes, and that he would include some extra for me to sew the arcs with. Originally I asked him to point me to a site that I could buy the thread, cause I wouldn't mind a bunch for repairs. But, Gordon was nice enough to offer some extra thread for no charge.

My 0105Cs came today, but there's no contest number assigned to them. Is this a problem? I've seen at least one other pair in this thread that lacked a number.

Any advice on getting the max shrinkage out of these? I tried a pair of 1108Cs last week and I wasn't going to get the rise and seat room I need with that model, so I went with the 0105C. They've got the room I need, but they're wider than I'd like in the leg, and looks like they may still be too wide after shrinking. Plan is to do an initial soak in hot water (around 130 degree F) for four hours, and then dry them in the dryer on the highest setting.

setterman, that be me. I had the wrong pair shipped to me. I ordered 0105C but I received 1108C. So upon returning them, the re-shipped pair did not have a number but I am #030.

You should ask Johnny or Gordon about your number. It's important to keep track of the contestants. You may have the sickest fades at the end of the contest so.. be sure to find out.