Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

Not much to report a month in. Worn everyday, washed again 2 weeks in. A little bit of hige starting to barely come in. Some other lightening of the indigo in the usual spots. I imagine it'll take another month for noticable fading to show up. Best pair of jeans I've owned yet, and that's coming from a WH 1001xx owner.

i have shitty photos. i have shitty roommates.

prewash

CIMG0712.jpg

CIMG0713.jpg

CIMG0716.jpg

postwash

CIMG0728.jpg

CIMG0729.jpg

initial thoughts:

feels good to be in raw again

front pockets are TINY same with coin pocket

back pockets are spared super far apart, but they aren't bad when i'm sitting down. they also create a pretty bad flare

i feel that these are slimmer than most in this contest, although i could have sized down one more.

measurements

pre wash

leg opening 8

inseam 36

rise 10

waist 30

back rise 14

leg opening 7.5

inseam 33

rise 10

back rise 13

waist 14

number 50 checking in. 3/9

CIMG0718.jpg

First weekend with 0105C put behind and jeans are slowly softening. These 29"ers feel bigger than my 30"s but that must be the heavier denim that doesn't drape so nicely. Almostnice I like the fit too. I'm sure the hip flare will go away with some wear and tear(s). My problem is "duck tail"... :)
Thanks for the comments on my "vintagefit",I am starting to like this jeans more and more.I had a "Ducktail" with my Okinawas,that went away after softening up... Compared other jeans I own these doesnt feel that stiff or heavy,might have to do with the 70°C wash,I usually start with a hot soak,never had a 40" inseam before...

Sigh.

My jeans have been stuck in Ireland for over a week now. I sent BiG an email expressing my concern, and thankfully Gordon sent an inquiry to USPS. We're both a bit puzzled by the situation, because the label on the parcel clearly states FINLAND. Imagine getting your custom ordered jeans lost in the post!

You know, there's a natural law in the universe which goes something like this: For everything good you receive, you also receive something you don't like - and usually it's the same thing. There's been so much confusion over my order that when I finally get the jeans, they're bound to be the best jeans I've ever owned.

Thanks for bearing with me. My next post in this thread will contain pictures of my jeans.

I'm double cuffing as well. I'll be in NYC in about a month so I might get them chainstitched then, or maybe not. I like the double cuff.

I've only been wearing these for about 4 days, and they are completely soft. None of the stiffness I'm so used to whatsoever. Probably because of the initial hotwash instead of a soak. It's going to take a long time for any creases to set on these, so I doubt I'll get any high contrast fading... rather a general vintage faded look...

Great pictures and fit, tvshooter. The combs look promising and I love the dart-like fade on your wallet pocket side.

These seem to fade pretty fast!! This competition will get really interesting to follow..

Yeah I can tell from a weeks wear they are going to fade faster than I initially thought.

Dammit, tvshooter, those look great on you! Seems like you're gonna get nice fades there. Makes me kind of regret that I didn't go for the 1108 although that was never an option before. The reason for joining was the loser fit but the more pics of tight jeans honeycombs I see on sufu the more I want them. Well, well...

Will wait with posting pics myself since the changes are too subtle. I don't cuff them anymore since they won't stay folded where I want after a wash so at least there's some roping going on.

(messed up the sig pic but I can't re-edit it, keep coming to the preview. "Fuck 4.0" eh?)

thanks for the comments. pic's in natural sunlight tend to highlight the wear points and reveal more of the blue hues, especially with the extreme closeups. reality is, they're still pretty fuckin dark! that said, i do wear them probably 12+ hours a day. i'm in and outta a car like 20-50 times a day. seriously. so, they'll get some good wear and tear.

on another note, i'm glad i went with the 1108's. they "fit" my body shape really welll. i think the same is true with the 0105's for you other guys. for me, it's all about selecting a jean that's gonna look like you. know what i'm sayin? skinny jeans don't look good on bigger ppl, vice versa, imho. . .