Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

The time is also a factor for me. If I had gotten the FC thread with the shipment of the jeans I would have sewn the arcs on at that time. Now that I'm wearing them I just don't feel like going back and doing it, plus I like them with just the tab.

BTW, Mr HaGa I think they are a 1955 or so repro. Definitely a 50s repro.

The time is also a factor for me. If I had gotten the FC thread with the shipment of the jeans I would have sewn the arcs on at that time. Now that I'm wearing them I just don't feel like going back and doing it, plus I like them with just the tab.

BTW, Mr HaGa I think they are a 1955 or so repro. Definitely a 50s repro.

I've got a pair of LVC 1944 jeans and a pair of LVC 1955 jeans. The 0105Cs are certainly closer in fit/cut to the 55s than they are to the 44s.

The buttons on the 0105Cs are similiar to the buttons on the LVC '44s, and of course so would be painted on arcs.

I don't consider the contest jeans a reproduction of anything. They're simply quality, vintage style jeans, that would have fit right in 55 or 60 years ago.

''straight outta customs, a crazy motherfucker named moykky...'' ha! i find it interesting how some of these bleed, and some dont. up to this point if someone asked me if the bleed i would've answered 'no'. well, this changes that. moykky where are you? im not familiar with the language on the newspaper. im stuck in slavetown USA @the moment. don't you just love the color of raw FCs? im african, and they're blacker than me!:D i asked gordon what the official caste is on these bad boys, but the answer is pending. busy guy. i asked johnny, but he had never heard of 'caste'. go figure. hes a friend of my favorite cousin, so i wont bash. hes helpful.
I don't think moykky has gotten back to you on that, so allow me to inform you that the language is Finnish. Speaking of which, my jawns (33x39 0150) have been stuck in Ireland for the past couple of days according to USPS's tracking service (they shipped on the 28th). It only took one day for them to reach Ireland from New York, but now I guess they're arriving to Finland by the slowest piece of shit clunker that's sea-worthy. The irony is that I actually am British, but I happen to live in Finland now.

Help me brothers; the wait is getting unbearable.

Good work with the FC's Salaami, those arcs seem indestructable. You should patent your baking process and sell it to Evisu! :)

And yes, Finland, man of the north... I wore the jeans today and I must say, they stretch A LOT. I did sew the tab on, but haven't decided about the arcs.

srok, the sweeter they taste / feel...

PRE SOAK

PREsoak_FR.jpg

PREsoak_BK.jpg

THE SOAK AND STAND

ITSTANDS3-1.jpg

ITS STANDS!

ITSTANDS1.jpg

ITSTANDS2.jpg

POST-SOAK

POSTsoak_FR.jpg

POSTsoak_BK.jpg

Kinda got weird bulges at the knee, i'm sure they'll soften up with wear... hopefully ? The arcs i tried to do and really only did a shotty job on one pocket and just gave up and soaked um without the other pocket being sewn anyways.these sure do have a high rise ! mine arnt bleeding as much as some of you guys say, i did two hot/warm soaks and still stiff as hellllll

0105c sz30_ 5'10.5" and 157lbs #57

Kinda got weird bulges at the knee, i'm sure they'll soften up with wear... hopefully ? The arcs i tried to do and really only did a shotty job on one pocket and just gave up and soaked um without the other pocket being sewn anyways.these sure do have a high rise ! mine arnt bleeding as much as some of you guys say, i did two hot/warm soaks and still stiff as hellllll

0105c sz30_ 5'10.5" and 157lbs #57

i have the same bulges at the knee, I have faith they'll soften too. Do you have post-soak measurements? i want to compare mine to see how much shrinkage i got.

i got a size 30 too and am almost the same build as you, haha. 6'1" ~160lbs

do you find the stacking to be too much?

my lil sis posted the pics for me, sorry for the double-post. i took some pics outside since it rarely snows in central VA. the coin-pocket is taking a beating, theres 2 rips developing beside both of the rivets. do the 1108 and 0105 both have small watch-pockets? the rips make zippo-time easier, so i dont mind. if yamane gives me a pair of those #0s, he can patent my shit today. i got it 4 cheap! i want the arcs to be tough, so they can fade as gradually as possible. i didn't notice how far apart the back pockets were until today...tsujita is very studied indeed! i'll see some hidden rivets in a few weeks.

christ wesc, i'm the same size as you and I got 32s for the 0105, they're pretty big on me but are softening up over time.

see i have 47'canes and they are sz 33 stretched to almost 34 ! baggy fit kinda so i wanted something completely different. i probably would normally have gone for a 31 and stretch to 32 but seeing as how theyll stretch like 2" almost at least from what gordon says... i went with the 30 and just going to suck it up till it stretches. after the soak they were even 29.5 ! but i lost so much weight i was still able to fit in it

i have the same bulges at the knee, I have faith they'll soften too. Do you have post-soak measurements? i want to compare mine to see how much shrinkage i got.

i got a size 30 too and am almost the same build as you, haha. 6'1" ~160lbs

do you find the stacking to be too much?

stacking ? aaaa right now i have them cuffed but ya they were way long i guess i could get them rehemmed later. measurements as requested.

2/14/09_ Pre-Soak

Waist _ 16"

Front Rise _ 11.5"

Back Rise _ 16"

Upper Thigh_ 12.5"

Knee _ 9.5"

Leg Opening_ 8.375"

Inseam _ 34.34

1st Hot/Warm soak 2/20/09 5:07pm - 8:40pm = 3.5hrs (give or take?)

2nd Hot/Warm soak 2/21/09 = 3 hrs

2/22/09 - Post-Soak

Waist _ 14.5"

Front Rise _ 11"

Back Rise _ 15"

Upper Thigh _ 12"

Knee _ 9"

Leg Opening _ 8"

Inseam _ 32.5"

checking-in as #56 with pre- and post-soak pics. 0105C size 30, true to size. these were stiff enough to stand-up a few times after drying from the soak. hot soaked them twice.

definitely feel like i could've sized down 1. get the puckering in the rear, and odd knee bulging. generally happy with the fit though. glad i got a regular fit pair, it's nice to have more room to move.

unsure whether or not the stacking is too much. maybe i should get them hemmed?

FullCountContestJeans009.jpg

included a pic next to my 4-5 month flatheads to show how dark they are.

FullCountContestJeans016.jpg

Pre-soak pics

FullCountContestJeans019.jpg

FullCountContestJeans020.jpg

FullCountContestJeans021.jpg

Got them to stand for barely a second. had to run out of the way quickly for the pic.

FullCountContestJeans029.jpg

Post-soak pics - Stacking too much?

FullCountContestJeans035.jpg

FullCountContestJeans036.jpg

FullCountContestJeans037.jpg

SO happy to finally have these after waiting since mid-November 2008. Back-pocket stitching and tab to be done eventually.

Late night arcuate project on ethanol fumes...

0105C_arcs.jpg

I did first the upper line then removed the stencil and added the one below (otherwise those would have been too close to each other). The color is bronze, I got inspired by our national epos "Kalevala" (I was going to make them with green).

^I'm really digging your arcs, moykky. I like that they're not so contrasty...

Anyways, here's mine. Today's the day. I came home late last night and oiled the patch, so it had time to dry overnight. It's really saturated now. The plan for today is a hot machinewash, pull them out when the spin starts and then soaking them in boiling hot water for a good 45-60 minutes. That should shrink them well enough...

0105C size 35

p3050075c.jpg

picresizedth1236165325p.jpg

prewash fits

p3050078.jpg

p3050080.jpg

I took some measurements and I'll measure again after the wash/soak if anyone is interested...

Man, they shrank. Waist went from 38 to 34.5, inseam from 40 to 36.

They're almost dry but I took some quick shots. I'm really happy with them, and really happy that I got them in my true size. The only minor issues I have is the lack of backpocketlining, and the placement of the backpockets, a little far apart. Might just be me, or maybe I should reconsider doing the arcs to distract from that. And I guess they could have used a little nice material for the pocketbags. But fuck it, these are amazing jeans, I'm going to enjoy them. Now postwash fit pics...

p3050075.jpg

Note the leg twist!

p3050076.jpg

p3050077.jpg

I trying to capture the green selvage with legtwist here. I'm not much of a photographer...

p3050079.jpg

HaGa, where'd you cop the grey dessie boots? im still wondering if tsujita went as far as to make the pocket-bags from zimb. cotton as well, since the thread is ... if so i dont care about them being so plain. really i dont care anyway.

Number 69 Checking in... Start date 3.6.2009 pic to come soon..

Arcs are done, decided to go with an FC influenced oni style arc. First time sewing (other than the tab) and it took a while. Ultimately, very satisfied. No more slim cuts for me.

Before:

3331710815_b866bf17ee.jpg?v=0

After:

3331710869_c91598d6d0.jpg?v=0

Bonus shot:

3332547044_5cb7f93780.jpg?v=0

Fit pics: (pre-wash)

5'10 160lbs size 32

3332547192_157b00cab1.jpg?v=1236313309

3332547172_2aac12f37f.jpg?v=1236313324

Theyre in the wash with 2 other pairs, my 4 month polo jeans and 18-20 month APCs. Post-wash pics tomorrow.