Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

p3030398v2.th.jpg

#67 starting.. well, yesterday.

They bleed a little, not that much, but enough to make me not want to wear anything white for a while...

The markers on the inside kinda disappeared in the wash, I may go over them later with a sharpie or something.

Tabris,

Luckily i just uploaded some pictures:

3327092998_23fc9fd4f8.jpg?v=0

Broke the stitching, then pulled it through to the back and tied it.

3326255003_1b1d7606bd.jpg?v=0

View from the outside

3327093318_755926803c.jpg?v=0

Now the tab was put it, (it was folded in half, then the side that is hidden was folded over a little to make the tab fit deeper)

3327093554_2534be16cc.jpg?v=0

Mid-stitch

3327093752_dfa765f88e.jpg?v=0

Finished product (keep in mind this was the first time sewing, ever)

3326255927_7a669b67b6.jpg?v=0

From now on all repairs will be done on my own, its way too rewarding.

P.S. my whore (not ready to start just yet though)

3326256095_45e5bdbd79.jpg?v=1236122391

Just arcs and a wash are missing...

Mine are a 30. Yeah the pockets are far apart cause they are so small. I caught my wallet trying to escape at the bar tonight.

yeah, I definitely noticed that when I saw your fit picture. Hope you don't lose anything.

''straight outta customs, a crazy motherfucker named moykky...'' ha! i find it interesting how some of these bleed, and some dont. up to this point if someone asked me if the bleed i would've answered 'no'. well, this changes that. moykky where are you? im not familiar with the language on the newspaper. im stuck in slavetown USA @the moment. don't you just love the color of raw FCs?

I don't think moykky has gotten back to you on that, so allow me to inform you that the language is Finnish. Speaking of which, my jawns (33x39 0150) have been stuck in Ireland for the past couple of days according to USPS's tracking service (they shipped on the 28th). It only took one day for them to reach Ireland from New York, but now I guess they're arriving to Finland by the slowest piece of shit clunker that's sea-worthy. The irony is that I actually am British, but I happen to live in Finland now.

Help me brothers; the wait is getting unbearable.

yeah, I definitely noticed that when I saw your fit picture. Hope you don't lose anything.

Fingers crossed. I need a new wallet anyway, and a small one would be appropriate for these jeans. I can't seem to find anything that I really like though. I wish the redmoon kids wallet was just a little bigger. I would be perfect.

Thanks for all the comment and rep guys.

i got my jeans on monday the 2nd, i have yet to take photos, i just wanted to get my official start date out there. number 55, size 31x 39....still not sure about the arcs, i feel strange adding the branding. its all about the fabric and the construction to me. what do you guys think? why add the tag and the arcs?

i got my jeans on monday the 2nd, i have yet to take photos, i just wanted to get my official start date out there. number 55, size 31x 39....still not sure about the arcs, i feel strange adding the branding. its all about the fabric and the construction to me. what do you guys think? why add the tag and the arcs?[/quote]

because it looks cool..... and gives the people that cannot obatin the denim straight from japan. gives you the ability to customize your own pair... well those are a few examples of why to do so... but to each their own.

if its about customization, why use a template for the arcs? why these arcs in particular? can anyone enlighten me with some historical context?

i got my jeans on monday the 2nd, i have yet to take photos, i just wanted to get my official start date out there. number 55, size 31x 39....still not sure about the arcs, i feel strange adding the branding. its all about the fabric and the construction to me. what do you guys think? why add the tag and the arcs?

I put the tab on and thought the same thing about branding when it came to the arcs. I'm thinking that I won't put the arcs on at this point.

emmitbrown, why did you add the tag?

I did it because I originally intended to put both the arcs and the tab on.

As far as history goes, they sent us the tab that Full Count jeans are supposed to come with, and the stencil for the arcs that they are supposed to come on the jeans. They are both illegal because of the Levi's lawsuit. i originally was going to put both on, because I think that's how the jeans should have been made. if you bought a pair of full counts from japan, you would get arcs and tabs. now I'm thinking a bit differently.

klue, if it's worth anything I'm not adding tabs and arcs. So you're not alone.

Gordon asked if I wanted tag and arc stencils sent with my 0105Cs, and I said no. They're not Levis, and I don't intend to do them up to look like Levis. If I put a design on the back pockets, I'll come up with something of my own and have it stiched on.

BTW, I'm 0105C #087, soaked Monday night, started wearing them yesterday. No photos yet.

^ Well, they're a reproduction of a 1947 501 Levi's (right?) so adding the arcs and tab would add to that heritage appeal...

But I'm not putting them on, I haven't had the time to wash them, and I really want to start wearing them, so instead of wasting time finding paint or thread and painting and stitching, I'm just throwing them in the washer tomorrow morning and the hopefully I can start wearing them by late afternoon. After that I doubt I'll get back to customizing them... Fuck it.