How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

ok....maybe not the jeans du jour, but hopefully could be useful info.

Most helpful post on here in days.... particularly since I'm shopping and Eternals are high on the list. That colour is unbelievably dark. (making me think I may size WAY up to 36 for Eternals, from 32/33... my waistbands all wind up at 34 eventually anyway...)

Most helpful post on here in days.... particularly since I'm shopping and Eternals are high on the list. That colour is unbelievably dark. (making me think I may size WAY up to 36 for Eternals, from 32/33... my waistbands all wind up at 34 eventually anyway...)

i sized up 2 because of my somewhat large thighs, and ended up with slightly loose waist. in retrospect i probably could have sized up only 1 and just stretched out the thighs.

nudie even steven organic dry 29x34 -- noticed there were no even steven fits, so here you go. 29x34, sized down ~2... 6'2 around 160-165 lbs at the time. in three months they have stretched a negligible amount into a great fit, but still pretty "carroty." pictures were taken at 2 or 3 days old.

dsc01456av6.jpg

dsc01457vw7.jpg

(note these were worn above the hips on my waist -- they tend to look better worn on the hips or slightly below; your mileage may vary)

Out of intersest, how would you improve it?

Quoting my post from here - http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=378052

If you can't be bothered to read that, just read what I post at the end of this quote for a slight summary.

A how to measure section in the first post would be helpful. Not everyone measures in the same place, so a guide of where to measure would be helpful. There needs to be a standardization measurement post to get rid of any confusion when it comes to measurements. For example, some people will think that their waist is at their pelvis when it is usually above the belly button at the thinnest part of your torso, or thighs which can be measured at any point on your thighs and stuff like that.

Another poster can then follow these guidelines, post his/her measurements and the size of their jeans, how much they have sized up or down and how they wear their jeans to get that fit. And the poster can also post tings like stretch, jeans measurements if they really want to, but that isn't as necessary in my opinion as once you've found someone with similar measurements, it should be visible whether or not you'll like how it might fit.

Also, one or two posts in the current thread aren't in a standard standing position, all should be stood up straight with the waist visible so that everyone can see where the jeans are being worn. Tees and shirts conceal the body, so you can't really get an idea of where the jeans are hanging unless the midriff is visible. There should be at least 3 pictures from the front, side and back. Taking fancy pictures or posing yourself to try and impress isn't helpful.

Posting the size of your jeans, height and weight means absolutely nothing. The current how jeans fit thread is useless in my opinion.

God knows how many times i've posted something like that in this forum.

Edit: Admittedly, some of the newer posts in the thread are an improvement over the last time i had a look at the thread, however, it still isn't as good as it could be. At least the measurements given are better than "size 31 jeans, 6'00" 165lbs", as if to imply that your weight and height automatically makes your waist a certain size. It gives you an idea, but a person might have a pudgy belly, be toned as shit or whatever. If people want to show how jeans fit, and I've repeated this already, but measurements have to be made, properly, height and weight don't exactly account for things like build and body shape, a few measurements should at lease accommodate this and help show what the fit is like on certain people.

This is what I'd say is one of the better posts in the thread since the guy at least gives some measurements so you can see how jeans fit on his body at the sizes he bought:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/sho...&postcount=573

One of the many, what I'd regard as near useless posts, anything in a similar vein may be a little bit helpful if you're the same size and weight, but it doesn't give you a good enough idea as you're most likely built differently. That being said, the first one isn't too bad, but it isn't brilliant either. The second one is just a waste of time, if I wanted to look at trainers, I'd go on NSB or Niketalk, regardless of the little bit of denim that is in the post, it doesn't give you a decent idea of how the jeans fit all over:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/sho...&postcount=362

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/sho...&postcount=154

The thread should be made into an XXX thread, to ensure some quality posts and for easier referencing for someone who wants to find the fit of certain pair of jeans without having to scroll through several pages. Even more so if a search yields more than one result.

I'm too tired to post any more now. But I'm sure someone will understand what I'm getting at. If not, then I've still made several posts on a similar matter, albeit it in a less thorough manner.

Basically, standardising the method of measurements and taking more measurments would be a hell of a lot more helpful.

Everyone here seems to have this innate belief that posting your weight and height means something, it doesn't. Someone who is say 6'00, 175lbs and lean is going to be different to someone who is 6'00, 175lbs and fat. Yet everyone posts their jeans size and weight and height like it actually means something. Maybe if they were topless, it might help gauge build, but barely anyone does that so it's useless. And I very much doubt everyone here is of similar build.

That's what makes this thread practically useless in my opinion. Bar a few posts.

But of course, this post is probably tl;dr and doesn't have enough pretty pictures, so most SuFu'ers will just miss this and continue as is.

they should've made a XXX thread for this..

TIP was going to, I haven't been here much since then, but since you're saying that, I guess plans fell through? Or maybe it's in the current XXX thread and they're merged?

I'm 6'2" 175lbs for reference

Nudie Even Steven dry organic sz. 31, a little over 2 months wear

they really do fit like a carrot, loose up top with a tapered leg

may17.jpg

Skull 5010xx one-wash sz. 31, almost new

very slim, tight in the thighs, <3 the stacks

may22.jpg

APC New Standard sz. 30, brand new straight out of the box in this pic

tighter in the thighs and looser below the knee than the Nudies, feels more like a straight leg whereas the Nudie feels like a real taper (probably due to the RR upper)

may24.jpg

wheeeee!

Guest El Salvador

APC New Standard sz. 30, brand new straight out of the box in this pic

tighter in the thighs and looser below the knee than the Nudies, feels more like a straight leg whereas the Nudie feels like a real taper (probably due to the RR upper)

wheeeee!

Well, this is funny. I have the first two jeans and I'm eyeing those APC's for sometime as well. Since pics not always represent the colors in real life very well, could you tell me the differences in color and feel of the denim between the Skulls and the APC's?

Also, could you please let us know how much they'll stretch after some time?

APC can't really compete with the color of the Skulls, which is amazing. The color of the APCs is nice, but as many people have stated previously, they tend to fade quickly. I don't mind, as I'm looking forward to these fading to a lighter shade of indigo. The APCs are also more "shiny" as they still have the dry denim luster to them.

The Skulls feel really soft as they are one-wash, and the APCs are stiff -- since they are still raw.

I will keep everyone up to date as far as stretching is concerned, but I'm pretty sure they will stretch quite a bit like others have said about APC. It feels like stretch denim instead of 100% cotton.

APCs are really stiff so setting the creases are a joy. Um.. And I just love how APCs fade and the character they have once they have been worn out. Awesome.

Skulls have a great color, but I dunno, I don't really like the character of these jeans.

Nudies are okay, fabric is soft and thin as compared to APCs and they fade quite nicely.

Basically, standardising the method of measurements and taking more measurments would be a hell of a lot more helpful.

Everyone here seems to have this innate belief that posting your weight and height means something, it doesn't. Someone who is say 6'00, 175lbs and lean is going to be different to someone who is 6'00, 175lbs and fat. Yet everyone posts their jeans size and weight and height like it actually means something. Maybe if they were topless, it might help gauge build, but barely anyone does that so it's useless. And I very much doubt everyone here is of similar build.

That's what makes this thread practically useless in my opinion. Bar a few posts.

But of course, this post is probably tl;dr and doesn't have enough pretty pictures, so most SuFu'ers will just miss this and continue as is.

TIP was going to, I haven't been here much since then, but since you're saying that, I guess plans fell through? Or maybe it's in the current XXX thread and they're merged?

I've always found that height and weight measurements work well with the photo. Height and weight give you a scale to work the photo on. So that someone tall with a big build will look shorter than a short person with a very slim build. The photo tells you how fat/thin/muscular the person is and if they wear a short t-shirt, you can see where they wear the jeans (on the waist or the hips). I've actually found this thread very useful with my jean purchases, since apart from Edwins, I have to buy every damn thing online and can only cross my fingers and hope I got the size right (which is most cases have been good, just the odd hiccup every now and then - Wranglers, RRL, Gap - all the cheapies, fortunately)

I've always found that height and weight measurements work well with the photo. Height and weight give you a scale to work the photo on. So that someone tall with a big build will look shorter than a short person with a very slim build. The photo tells you how fat/thin/muscular the person is and if they wear a short t-shirt, you can see where they wear the jeans (on the waist or the hips). I've actually found this thread very useful with my jean purchases, since apart from Edwins, I have to buy every damn thing online and can only cross my fingers and hope I got the size right (which is most cases have been good, just the odd hiccup every now and then - Wranglers, RRL, Gap - all the cheapies, fortunately)

It may give you some scale, but it doesn't make it definite. Someone may have a 34" waist wearing 32s, but the rest of their body is in proportion to their waist, so it looks like they really 32", so someone goes and buys their jeans true to size, only to find that a few months down the line, things go tits up for them and their jeans are way to big for them.

Unless things are made a bit more definite, the ambiguity can lead to misreading of a post. Which won't be too fun when someone spends $200+ on a pair of jeans that don't fit after they've stretched out.

Just because it looks like they're whatever, it doesn't mean that they are. That's why you need measurements, to clear the air so you know definitely what you're getting. W

Another thing is, I've said this before on the forums as well. Not everybody knows how to measure their waist. Some people measure the low waist or even their hips because that's where they like their jeans to sit. That's why I think things should be standardized.

But like I said in this thread, most people won't even give this a glance because I don't have any pretty pictures in it.

Although not perfect, I think overall, this thread is pretty resourceful. Of course not everybody of the same height and weight will look, wear, be built, or are proportioned the same way, but it's definitely better than nothing and gives at least a decent starting point to assess whether or not a brand/fit of jeans will suit you, esp. since most ppl more often than not have to online/mail order all their gear.

^With that said, I agree that standardization of measurements/enhanced descriptions would hugely improve the usefulness of the thread...ie std. waists as measured +/- 1 inch around belly-button, adding thigh/knee/thigh measurements, and if worn slung low on hips...stating the measurements of said area, etc...

It's probably a bigger hassle than most would want to do, but would really make this thread a true, bonafide, and accurate resource/fit bible.

Going to have to 100% whole-heartedly agree with that.

A thread like this has so much potential, potential that it is not living up to, sure it's an okay resource at the moment and it is better than having nothing at all, but it could be so much more better than it is now. With proper standards, it could be one of the best resources for denim collectors available.

This is what happens when you don't size down on Slim Jims.

shiiiit dude. im actually quite surprised at that. i went true to size on my jims, and although they've stretched a little in the waist, they're nothing like that.

i think they look pretty good slung low and slightly loose in your WAYWT post.