How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

am I the only one who thinks the whole intent/purpose/usefullness of this thread is completely negated by people posting photos WITHOUT their measurements?? This was a great idea for a thread but everyone's ass is different so if I'm gonna judge how a pair is gonna fit on me, based on your photo, I need to know your height, waist size, and build. For example, if Khaltire hadn't informed us about his anorexically small waist I would have thought those jeans flared out at the hips. 26?? how tall are you?

I'm sure I said something like that earlier in the thread too. It doesn't really help saying just what size the jeans are and your waist imo. Since people take different measurements from different places (some think the waist is where the pelvis starts, others say the belly button). It'd be better if there were some kind of universal how do jeans fit thread where the first post states where to measure your personal measurements along with the jeans you're wearing, that way you can get an idea of fit relative to build.

Sure it's a lot more pedant, but at least you'll be able to get a good idea of size and fit on different builds rather than just people finding another excuse to show off their jeans.

am I the only one who thinks the whole intent/purpose/usefullness of this thread is completely negated by people posting photos WITHOUT their measurements?? This was a great idea for a thread but everyone's ass is different so if I'm gonna judge how a pair is gonna fit on me, based on your photo, I need to know your height, waist size, and build. For example, if Khaltire hadn't informed us about his anorexically small waist I would have thought those jeans flared out at the hips. 26?? how tall are you?

Yep, my waist is tiny... my upper body is bigger than my waist would suggest, weights can add bulk to upper body, but in terms of waist, its basically impossible to increase its size (other than for defined abs, which I already have, or just getting fat).. I'm 5'6. They probably flair out slightly because I could have hemmed them shorter. Ive noticed that if you hemme jeans that aren't 'slim' too long, the hips will flare out

Also, my body kinda goes

\ /

/ \

More so than most (cause of my small waist), so I dunno if that contributes to the hip flare

if anyone's ever wondered what happens when you (unintentionally) size down 4 on your New Standards:

lolapc_001.jpg

!!!

I bought them almost a year ago when I was about 150lbs. Now I'm 170. The only reason I'm even able to button them is because of APC's legendary stretchiness; the waistband has stretched from a ~29 to a 33 and I just wear them as low as I can without them falling off. And somehow they're STILL skintight.

also the crotch is ripping in 19 different places. Oh well! Don't really wear them in public anymore anyway.

EDIT- oh these are size 27, and I'm about 6 feet tall and 170lbs.

Im pretty sure the Nudies are on a woman there.. much too curvy for a guy.. if its a guy then :eek:

Anyways, don't think anyone has done SD-101, only 103.. heres how they fit on me, about my natural waist, not sized down or anything. My waist is probably 26.5 or so, these are 27, 31 inseam. 5'6 115 lbs... they flare a BIT out at the hips, probably cause its only day 2 wearing and my skinny thighs contribute as well... overall, I'm happy with the fit

Enough rambling, pics:

sd1011.JPG

sd1012.JPG

sd1013.JPG

i think slim/ lower rise jeans would suit you much much better

The fit, ordered true to size and given a soak (note, they are not hemmed and I intend to keep them like that):

fit1cb1.jpg

:D I was so happy with the fit that I jumped up and accidentally shattered the light:

fit4rg9.jpg

fit5gp2.jpg

:cool::):cool:

Reference: SDA 103 32" ; APC New Standards 30"

6'6" 185lb

Update:

Alright, they have been stretched and beaten from a month's worth of bike riding to their pre soak maeasurements. They don't seem, to be stretching any more and the rawness is kind of beaten out of them. These are the ultimate "man's" cut jeans. They are exactly what people who want a 'not to tight, not to loose' fit, and they are just badass. I'm also very tall and thin, and most "thin" jeans tend to make me look like a scenster/heroin addict. These have a great widening affect on my body. Love them more and more every day. Feel free to PM me with questions about them. I know it's hard to throw $300 at a piece of clothing that you haven't tried on in person. I hope all of this helps.

dsc02757sn0.jpg

dsc02755eg6.jpg

Updated fit after about a week aimed at stretching:

dsc02768zo0.jpg

In my experience hip flare like that = jeans don't fit. The SDA D1237's which I sold gave rediculous hip flare on me basically because my waist didn't fill out the waistband and my ass wasn't filling out the seat which meant that the extra material just draped that way. They looked crap on me. Unfortunately SDA only go down to 27 and so far in my experience they are like Samurias in that I find them tag +1 upon a hot soak.

I would suggest getting a pair of Denime 66's in size 26. As ringring pointed out many moons ago, Denime's are typically tag -1. The size 26's measure 69cm raw with Denime reporting 4-5cm shrink in the waist. You can get the regular version in size 26 here http://www.j-fabled.com/shopping_catalog/denime_66model/denime_66model.html or if you want to go the whole hog, you can get the version featuring their crazy fading XX denim from the Denime webstore here http://store.yahoo.co.jp/denime/70-00-590796.html.

thanks poly. i really would've been more enthusiastic w/ the pbj ai-001 if they were raw. one wash doesn't really make it rigid enough to develop creases immediately. these onis on the other hand, are crazily forming to my body and just might see more fading soon considering they are made of natural indigo. been working on the edo ai's and they're just tough to crack.

samurai 500xx size 34 hot soaked 3 hours

i am 5 11 185 pounds "athletic" build

i think im gonna have to sell these cause I dont think I can handle the taper. so keep an eye out on marketplace if you are interested... damn

do you guys think that they will stretch out alot? I really dont want to sell these...but I think the tapering below the knee (especially on the side view) is just out of control. mabye I shoudl swap for an s5000vx

232958944.jpg

232959037.jpg

232959080.jpg

I hope they shrink up some. It looks like your back pockets wrap around to your thighs - the front is fine but the seat is too wide and it looks awkward. I see this with almost all repro's and find it very unattractive (probably why I don't own any). To each his own though - if you think nothing is wrong with that then I think you should keep them.