Jump to content
horriblyjollyjinx

Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Recommended Posts

You're going to have a perfect fit after they've stretched out post-wash. Thank you putting my mind at ease with these pre-soak fit pix.

Wish my 02s were a tad slimmer than they ended up. Or, rather, I wish I was a tad trimmer and could have purchased one size smaller when I bought them. 

Looking forward to the post-soak pix and witnessing the phenomenon of the magical OA inseam shrink.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those will be fine - will you wear them raw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon receiving my OAO1 one of the first things I noticed was how substantial and heavy duty the pocket bag lining felt. Haven’t soaked these yet but can’t wait to see how these change with a soak. I think the size 34 I got should work perfectly for with some shrinkage. They are definitely feeling about a size large as of now but they are raw so should be perfect after a hot agitated soak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great photos @beautiful_FrEaK! for a second i really thought i was smelling new denim!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good b_F! This new batch of denim seems to hold onto indigo a bit longer than previous iterations of the OA denim.
My 01's are staying a lot darker so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fit looks good, I expect after they've been worn for a bit the top will settle in and look less stiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

serious shrinkage on the length!  That was my experience as well though I still had to hem mine from 40"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great, b_F! The "post-wash mechanical stretch" on the OA denim is bananas. The waist measurement goes from 35" to 32.5" back to 35" like there's elastic woven into the denim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wmb said:

serious shrinkage on the length!  That was my experience as well though I still had to hem mine from 40"

 

 

I think the 40" Standard&Strange offers is a bit ridiculous. Who really needs 36-37" post soak inseam? And when you hem them you kinda change the leg silhouette.

The Japanese version comes with 36" and that's still plenty long...at least for me as you can see :)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I think the 40" Standard&Strange offers is a bit ridiculous. Who really needs 36-37" post soak inseam? And when you hem them you kinda change the leg silhouette.

The Japanese version comes with 36" and that's still plenty long...at least for me as you can see :)

40 is a waste of denim!  I had SandS hem them my newest pair raw at 37 and they are perfect after about a 2-3" shrink down ( though I haven't measured them)  The older pair I have was done by SE post wash at 36 -- when I first got them, I couldn't believe how long they were...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I would like a 36" or so post-soak inseam. :D I can make do with 34", but I like an extra inch or two if I can get it.

I'd be tempted to buy the OA01 if S&S ever restocks the "standard" version (no cinch back.) Looks like it would fit me really well.

Long inseam versions seem like they'd be a great business move by Western retailers selling Japanese brands. Talldudes like me will order the jeans from your store instead of a (probably cheaper) Japanese retailer to get the longer inseam, while shorter guys will need to hem anyway so it doesn't really matter if you're hemming 2" or 5" off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cold Summer said:

Hello! I would like a 36" or so post-soak inseam. :D I can make do with 34", but I like an extra inch or two if I can get it.

I'd be tempted to buy the OA01 if S&S ever restocks the "standard" version (no cinch back.) Looks like it would fit me really well.

Long inseam versions seem like they'd be a great business move by Western retailers selling Japanese brands. Talldudes like me will order the jeans from your store instead of a (probably cheaper) Japanese retailer to get the longer inseam, while shorter guys will need to hem anyway so it doesn't really matter if you're hemming 2" or 5" off. 

I didn’t want the cinch back either but I got it because I wanted the denim that bad. You can easily just tuck it behind the belt loop and put a bet over it. No one will ever see it except you. The crotch river also doesn’t bother me because it will age and oxidize with time. Plus I have something that’s a reproduction of something very American so it’s cool to have some diversity to my collection. Trust me I was in your boat and then I got the last 34 cause the denim and workmanship is so good. The cinch back is no deal breaker and it’s the same fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cold Summer said:

while shorter guys will need to hem anyway so it doesn't really matter if you're hemming 2" or 5" off. 

Depending on the cut and how they are patterned that can seriously fuck with the taper so this can make a big difference. 

That's why I love Resolute, an inseam for everybody (except for you of course ;) )

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that the taper can be different from that, but do they actually adjust where the leg starts/ends taper depending on inseam length... like, ever? My understanding has always been that long jeans just add on a bunch of inches after a certain point and it doesn't keep tapering past, I dunno, 30" or so. I could be wrong about that.

I might actually find a slim tapered pair that I liked if they made a "tall" version with a proportionally longer rise, lower thigh taper, and so on, as I have the opposite problem - most of these types of jeans squeeze my lower thigh because they're designed for someone whose thighs are 2-3" shorter than mine. But since I'm mostly into straight cuts these days, that's less an issue than it once was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did anyone get the ecru chore jacket that they had at InspirationLA, or have info on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately no, but my understanding is that there will be another production run made for a general release. Also S&S just released the other two colors of the Cossack jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

I know that the taper can be different from that, but do they actually adjust where the leg starts/ends taper depending on inseam length... like, ever? My understanding has always been that long jeans just add on a bunch of inches after a certain point and it doesn't keep tapering past, I dunno, 30" or so. I could be wrong about that.

I might actually find a slim tapered pair that I liked if they made a "tall" version with a proportionally longer rise, lower thigh taper, and so on, as I have the opposite problem - most of these types of jeans squeeze my lower thigh because they're designed for someone whose thighs are 2-3" shorter than mine. But since I'm mostly into straight cuts these days, that's less an issue than it once was.

For this 40" inseam i'm not sure. Could very well be that once they hit the width of 8.25" on a size 35 at like 36", they continue with this 8.25 for the remaining 4".
But most jeans I came across have a gradual taper from the knee to the leg opening, meaning every inch you take off the leg will increase the width of the leg opening.

In terms of finding the right fit, the Ooe might work for you. The rise is long and the lower thigh doesn't taper much IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

For this 40" inseam i'm not sure. Could very well be that once they hit the width of 8.25" on a size 35 at like 36", they continue with this 8.25 for the remaining 4".
But most jeans I came across have a gradual taper from the knee to the leg opening, meaning every inch you take off the leg will increase the width of the leg opening.

In terms of finding the right fit, the Ooe might work for you. The rise is long and the lower thigh doesn't taper much IMO.

40 inch inseam did not affect the taper on mine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the label when these were new in 12/2018
 

38 waist shrunk down to about 35 - (haven’t measured but that’s how they feel) I have a more recent pair W36 that are perfect but I like having a looser and a more fitted pair of this model 

89FEAB67-75EB-4F80-A7A0-E03689C38A85.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due for another wash soon.
FJYlpf8.jpg
UjKP1bc.jpg
r2rNGgc.jpg
evglkKG.jpg
ehKCeCH.jpg
6ijeih1.jpg
GDfecO2.jpg
wwFWBft.jpg
b63hySn.jpg
oxwKniR.jpg
9gPTKna.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t wait to see the crotch rivet oxidize... OOE denim is so perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two other colors of the Cossack jacket have arrived.
gp92xXn.jpg
B1rIBcN.jpg
RUXctaA.jpg
Kp7Hw2p.jpg
HJuEw6u.jpg
sNDGUOZ.jpg
28z4qgE.jpg
T5fdeFz.jpgq2A7H1B.jpg
LdAiwH0.jpg
gVCUw8G.jpg
KEGkalv.jpg
6JxEkYY.jpg
hmmXc5b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! These jackets are really nice and I've embraced the shorter fit.
Shame that it's already getting too warm here to wear these regularly, hoping the temps drop one more time before the inevitable summer kicks off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broark said:

Thanks! These jackets are really nice and I've embraced the shorter fit.
Shame that it's already getting too warm here to wear these regularly, hoping the temps drop one more time before the inevitable summer kicks off.

All 3 huh!? I can’t blame you. I was sad I passed up the navy, then canceled my pre order for the mustard. Then when I saw more pics of the Olive I gave in and ordered even though I really shouldn’t have. I’m really happy with it though. The green is right in the middle between my other two misses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, heyson said:

All 3 huh!? I can’t blame you. I was sad I passed up the navy, then canceled my pre order for the mustard. Then when I saw more pics of the Olive I gave in and ordered even though I really shouldn’t have. I’m really happy with it though. The green is right in the middle between my other two misses. 

I couldn't help myself, I'm selling some other stuff so that's how I'm justifying all 3.
The only one I wasn't initially convinced on was the olive, then I saw S&S's pictures and I was sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now