supercollegelife: funny facts, rant, photos, help, stuff...

freecat

why? no job?

I went to UT, was nice...

Long story. UT and I have a rather strained relationship.

a) I wouldn't terribly mind living in Dallas if it weren't for the fact that most of the places I'd REALLY like to work are elsewhere.

B) I wouldn't like school any more anywhere else, I don't think, so that's not really an issue.

c) sweet jesus, please let the computers hold out for us after the games next week. please please please please please

Somehow I managed to attend a few classes with friends at other schools. No place was as badass as Austin, as far as the city is concerned. Other schools did seem more enjoyable to me, though. And at least one school had faculty that I really wanted to study under.

all my years in middle school, high school, and college so far, ive never written a paper in advance. i always wrote this shit several hours before it was due. i justified it by telling myself that i do it for the challenge. i have to write 16 pages due in about 9 hours. fuck my life.

I have a term paper due in a week.

Started it tonight, got a paragraph in, & gave up.

Fuck you, Great Sphinx of Giza.

all my years in middle school, high school, and college so far, ive never written a paper in advance. i always wrote this shit several hours before it was due. i justified it by telling myself that i do it for the challenge. i have to write 16 pages due in about 9 hours. fuck my life.

Good luck to you sir.

I am in a remarkably similar situation but it is my last semester everever so fuck it just git er done.

PS instead of working on my paper I am watching Spaceballs.

I am the same way. Apparently my papers are pretty good (so the teachers/instructors say) but they literally take a few hours at the computer and I will be done while other people will slave over it for a week. Some call it procrastination, I call it a skill.

About a 2-3 weeks before I get my acceptance/rejection letter from NYU.

Anybody here goes to NYU who's willing to shed some light?

everyone that I know that goes/went there hates it. the social scene revolves around clubs/bars, so not only do you have to have a good ID, but all you friends do, too. also, as you can imagine, in a city as big as NYC, the scene is VERY fragmented. my general point being, don't be too bummed if you get denied/waitlisted

as for me, I am a communications major & soc minor (or major also) at UPenn.

don't really wanna go the douchebag i-banking/private equity/hedge fund route, but the pay is very enticing obviously ( prob around $90 K + bonus coming out). probably will end up in advertising or marketing, we'll see though

I believe it's easier to xfer than actually get in the first time around. You really like emerson huh? Northeastern is great because of coop stuff.

Probably looking to stay in the city. NYU: Gallatin is the main choice right now. BU and Emerson are just other notable communications schools. Eugene Lang is too small... Hunter is a commuter school. Doubt I could get into Columbia and there's nothing really there for me as it is... transfer may be easier, but I gotta kick ass again and more so this time around. :\

Economics major with minor in business up in suny new paltz.

love economics so i have no problem with reading the textbooks and learning the subject and this economic crisis just makes it that much more interesting and rewarding.

nightlife isnt too bad up here either, drinks are dirt cheap and the bars let everybody in.

Why did my RA have to leave for Thanksgiving so early? My hall is unattended and now everyone's partying "hella loud" on my floor in my suite. Sure I'd join them whatever but I have a goddamn midterm tomorrow at 8am..

superantisocial

come on man... go to the library or something

I'm not gonna sleep on the library, it's raining like fuck outside (always a lil Wayne concept). They moved the beer pong to the room opposite the wall adjacent to my bed.

I hate all of them but I'd never snitch.

• 2 weeks later...

procrastinating on a research paper til the last day, realizing that the material is actually interesting and if given more time would study the subject in depth. then after getting the grade, having a lack of motivation to pick up the material on my own time.......:(

stressing out like f*** on the paper til it almost kills you but end up getting an A on it :D

people are allowed to bring their own music to art class... usually its always the same kid with shitty music, but this time was worse. a girl brought this cd, and the tracks were a lil emo and weird. the lyrics were also mentioning something about "becomming on of us" or something like that. then a girl in the class asked out loud, "is this the twilight sundtrack?!?!" i threw up in my mouth.

i think i have spent more time at the school library than i slept this week (around 17h so far, not even feeling tired, was mad drunk on monday).

i have an exam tomorrow in microeconomy, but some people that had it yesterday had enough time to copy it twice on another sheet and I have a copy of that, and a friend that did it this morning took a picture of the test and sent it to me, so I actually have already did it and am sure everything is right !

(only count for 20% of my semester mark in microeconomy though)

but i'm not feeling the mathematics exam on saturday at all...

ahhhhhh got an 86 on my anthro lecture test, which i only studied one day for, 85 on my last french test. the tests this semester have pretty much been B's with grade D effort.

i also have to catch up copying my anthro lab group's work assignments. that teacher doesn't even know what the lab book asks of us sometimes.

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what I want to do. Right now I'm an Anthro major with a minor in History and I'm focusing on Latin America. The problem is that I finished my language requirement by highschool so all of my Spanish language credits just count as electives and I still have so many more bullshit gened classes to take that just feel like such a waste of time.

I also want to start taking Portuguese because knowing Spanish and Portuguese is basically essential for what I want to do in life, but it's just so difficult because they don't count for shit. I don't want to take 8 years getting my bachelor...

Fuck, college is so confusing.

ahhhhhh got an 86 on my anthro lecture test, which i only studied one day for, 85 on my last french test. the tests this semester have pretty much been B's with grade D effort.

well done ;)

is Dickinson in Pennsylviania any good ? Doesn't look attractive, but it's the only college i can go to the us next year, or i will have to choose another country... or stay and go someplace cool the year after.

well done ;)

is Dickinson in Pennsylviania any good ? Doesn't look attractive, but it's the only college i can go to the us next year, or i will have to choose another country... or stay and go someplace cool the year after.

is it an exchange that your school does? go to your dean of college affairs or whoever is in charge of the exchange/study abroad program and check with them to see if you can take classes at another school. Dickinson is nice, but its in the middle of nowhere.

reading branespload's posts was pretty entertaining.

I'm a 3rd year at UCI, Business Econ major (lovely timing, don't you agree?).

I'd say Irvine is boring too, but that's only because I visit for classes.

We should discuss Aramark's regulated monopoly and their decision to remove all trays from commons.