supercollegelife: funny facts, rant, photos, help, stuff...

freecat

my rant:

sunday night, i persuade my roomate to sleep in the sexile room (there's one empty room in my frat house since 1 brother is abroad), and then smoke weed with a chick in my room. I convince her that my roomate won't be coming for another couple of hours so she doesnt have 2 worry about someone coming in. eventually things progress and next thing you know shes on her knees blowing me. Like 3 minutes in my boy knocks on the door, and and I respond that i'm busy. Dumb bitch freaked out, put her clothes on, and bounced. Her reasoning was "I don't want people to think a certain way about me". I hate dumb/ overly self conscious bitches, and i'm still mad at my friend haha

i also hate finals, thank god i'm done tomorrow. back home to upper east side parties tomorrow night haha

yo jeep, did you find your first semester easy as far as academics go or are you hardworking and studious and whatnot? I thought I could get around a 3.85 but things didn't turn out very well for me. :[

yo jeep, did you find your first semester easy as far as academics go or are you hardworking and studious and whatnot? I thought I could get around a 3.85 but things didn't turn out very well for me. :[

my school is shit academically, so I had a considerably easy time shitting gold on paper and bs'ing tests. I learned plenty, but it was no harder than say 4 HS classes. Honestly, my college is ridiculously easy and I can't wait to leave it for that reason. I want challenge and I want to learn things, I don't wanna feel like I can bs through anything. I'm hardworking, yes, but I rarely study and when I need to get down to work, its usually right before deadline time, or something like that. I do work very hard, and yes, I did all my work this semester, but there was never a moment where I was like "OH SHIT OMG FUCK I HATE THIS ITS SO HARD" it was more like "FUCK THIS SCHOOL IS SO BORING AND I WISH I COULD TRANSFER NOW"

and I know its unfair of me to say, but its true. My school is obnoxiously easy. There is no naivety on my part, I hear it from seniors constantly, and I see it across the board. The only reason kids have trouble at my school is because they skip class/don't do the work. I skipped one class on account of being sick. Stayed on top of my work despite my non-study habits and my deadline-beaters, but regardless, it was just unnecessarily easy for my first semester of college.

I'm sorry for any of you who struggled or whatnot, but fuck man, you'd hate it where I am too.

jeepster, hate to break it to you, but if you want intellectual stimulation you're not likely to find it in an undergraduate university classroom, no matter what school you're at. Even out in the real world, amongst certain circles who pride themselves on being part of some kind of 'literati,' the same complacency is present to a certain degree.

liberal arts degrees are objectively easier

try physics or electrical enginnering or some shit ..

ps most people in university aren't any smarter than those who didnt go to university, they just generally come from richer fams

pps. alot of people in university are annoying as fuck

ps most people in university aren't any smarter than those who didnt go to university, they just generally come from richer fams

not only this, but chances are your average PhD isn't necessarily smarter than you on an overall level either. The overconfidence that comes with a very high level of institutionalized education in an adult is one of the funniest/most pathetic things to watch.

my school is shit academically, so I had a considerably easy time shitting gold on paper and bs'ing tests. I learned plenty, but it was no harder than say 4 HS classes. Honestly, my college is ridiculously easy and I can't wait to leave it for that reason. I want challenge and I want to learn things, I don't wanna feel like I can bs through anything. I'm hardworking, yes, but I rarely study and when I need to get down to work, its usually right before deadline time, or something like that. I do work very hard, and yes, I did all my work this semester, but there was never a moment where I was like "OH SHIT OMG FUCK I HATE THIS ITS SO HARD" it was more like "FUCK THIS SCHOOL IS SO BORING AND I WISH I COULD TRANSFER NOW"

and I know its unfair of me to say, but its true. My school is obnoxiously easy. There is no naivety on my part, I hear it from seniors constantly, and I see it across the board. The only reason kids have trouble at my school is because they skip class/don't do the work. I skipped one class on account of being sick. Stayed on top of my work despite my non-study habits and my deadline-beaters, but regardless, it was just unnecessarily easy for my first semester of college.

I'm sorry for any of you who struggled or whatnot, but fuck man, you'd hate it where I am too.

Honestly I think a lot of it has to do with how well you get prepared for university in high school. The reason I can crank out a paper that gets the second best mark in a class of thirty the night before it's due is because everybody else CAN'T FUCKING WRITE. I'm not even talking about writing well, it's not a literature class or anything, but English is these people's first language and yet they can't write a 2000 word essay with decent structure and grammar. On a similar note, I read faster and better than almost everyone at my school (usually ranked 4th-8th in the UK, depends on the ranking, either way it's a good school), and I think most of it is because of how fucking awful most high schools are. Other people who went to prestigious boarding schools are having the same experience as I am. They can just get drunk all the time, do the work in the last minute, and come out ahead of most other students.

It's really discouraging because knowing that I can pass no matter what is really fucking with my motivation. I've been forcing myself to go to the library and do work and actually "be an academic", but I can only keep that up for so long if there's no genuine motivation.

So basically, I feel ya.

jeepster, hate to break it to you, but if you want intellectual stimulation you're not likely to find it in an undergraduate university classroom, no matter what school you're at. Even out in the real world, amongst certain circles who pride themselves on being part of some kind of 'literati,' the same complacency is present to a certain degree.

I find this conceited and dishonest, and frankly, you're wrong. Yes, there will always be a certain level of "non-intellectuals" wherever I go, but I know that outside of where I am now, there is an entire world of people I'd rather meet and spend my social time with. I am not looking for "literati" or some elite group, but rather I am looking for honest people that have something interesting to say. Come and visit me on Staten Island and you'll see that there are few and far between of those kinda people.

Honestly I think a lot of it has to do with how well you get prepared for university in high school. The reason I can crank out a paper that gets the second best mark in a class of thirty the night before it's due is because everybody else CAN'T FUCKING WRITE. I'm not even talking about writing well, it's not a literature class or anything, but English is these people's first language and yet they can't write a 2000 word essay with decent structure and grammar. On a similar note, I read faster and better than almost everyone at my school (usually ranked 4th-8th in the UK, depends on the ranking, either way it's a good school), and I think most of it is because of how fucking awful most high schools are. Other people who went to prestigious boarding schools are having the same experience as I am. They can just get drunk all the time, do the work in the last minute, and come out ahead of most other students.

It's really discouraging because knowing that I can pass no matter what is really fucking with my motivation. I've been forcing myself to go to the library and do work and actually "be an academic", but I can only keep that up for so long if there's no genuine motivation.

So basically, I feel ya.

I don't even force myself to go to the library. I do very good work and I tend to have some of the best grades in the class, but my classes are honestly easier than the time I had in HS, and I find that I can frequently put out a mediocre effort and receive a generous grade. I'd rather be putting out a generous effort and receiving a generous grade because then I'd know I was being rewarded. As it stands now I feel like I'm cheating the system.

liberal arts degrees are objectively easier

try physics or electrical enginnering or some shit ..

pps. alot of people in university are annoying as fuck

tell me about it. i go to USC.

Jeep finding classes that are intellectually stimulating is a pain in the ass, I'm fortunate that the subject that I like learning about the most is taught by a fantastic teacher... which leads to a great class. From my limited experience, the higher the level the class the greater potential it has to be stimulating, In the 400 level courses I took this semester the kids in the class were all intensely interested in the subjected which led to good informed discussion.

Anyways... on to my bitching. I have all the information and quotes and shit I need for this paper I have to write. But I just can't come up with a suitable way to start and structure the paper... this is so frustrating. I'm missing out on having some Pho and will most likely just be eating doritos for the next hour

^^^^To put it more clearly, I think that the class atmosphere plays a huge part in wether the class is intellectually stimulating or not. The class can either stifle the teacher or encourage them with their reaction, and when you are taking a higher level class that is on a very specific subject, you are more likely to get what you are looking for. On top of this, a lot of teachers in different departments practically have a following, and have repeat students for a lot of their classes which creates a much more comfortable and familiar setting for discussion.

In conclusion, find a teacher thats great, become a repeat student, and help make your classes be more interesting. Fuck the paper I'm writing, I'm about to eat some pho!

julian, you're highly misguided. the vast majority of people that I know that don't go to colleges that aren't considered "elite" are dumb as hell. I don't know anybody that didn't go to college, but I know most of them are dumb if nothing else for the fact that by choosing not to attend, they're fucking up the rest of their lives

I don't even force myself to go to the library. I do very good work and I tend to have some of the best grades in the class, but my classes are honestly easier than the time I had in HS, and I find that I can frequently put out a mediocre effort and receive a generous grade. I'd rather be putting out a generous effort and receiving a generous grade because then I'd know I was being rewarded. As it stands now I feel like I'm cheating the system.

yeah same. i had some tough ass classes in high school, IB people will feel me. there isn't one class that is more difficult than what i did in HS. The only good thing is that I'm interested in most of what I'm doing. For one of my classes that I disliked, I attended half the lectures, didn't do any reading, and still passed the midterm.

I think the solution would be to go back to the system that German schools used until recently. Be strict as hell and make people struggle for grades. At the Royal Academy in Antwerp, only a fraction of students finish their degree.

I guess the problem is that this wouldn't be very marketable because most people just want to consume education and come out with a degree.