supercollegelife: funny facts, rant, photos, help, stuff...

freecat

• 3 weeks later...

well actually it's the very end. the second semester starts on the 19th of January. we have 3 weeks to revise at the end of the year but with all the festivities and all ... shit sucks.

liberal arts degrees are objectively easier

try physics or electrical enginnering or some shit ..

ps most people in university aren't any smarter than those who didnt go to university, they just generally come from richer fams

pps. alot of people in university are annoying as fuck

feeling all of these statements, esp the last one. cant wait to get out of schooool.

FUCK ENGINEERING

ok i didn't do shit in high school, i played sports all day long. I got accepted into engineering at university of calgary. I have no work ethic, ive only worked hard in sports. I guess there are not many athletes on the board and dont give a shit, but...

My class schedule was:

M; 9:30-1:00 2:00-500

T;12:30-2:00 3:45-5:00

W: 8:00-1:00 2:00-3:50

T: 9:00-2:00 2:30-3:45

F: 9:00-1:00 2:00-3:50

So its a fucking heavy schedule, considering i took a total of 4 classes in my last year of high school. Being a fucking idiot i joined the U of Calgary track team, and started practicing 20 hours a week, on their "olympic program".

Track became my number one priority, it was too much fun. Like i was getting fucking ripped. Then midterms came, i panicked, i didnt know shit, i skipped all my classes for two weeks, i just studied my ass off. I even put off track, since i didnt show for two weeks, i got sick because i was cramming to hard, i didnt eat, i didnt sleep i just studied. I passed all my midterms except 1. I got sick though, so track was put off for a total of 3 weeks. I lost my traveling spot. And i wanted to get it back. So i started working hard...at track. FUCK, school, what happened to school, the 5 fucking classes i needed to pass i didn't do shit in. Yeah i forged my labs and copied my assignments.

Finals came 3 weeks later. Yeah i was fuckkkkked. It was the same feeling of midterms but with a shitload of more pressure. I panicked quit track, just studied and studied. And didnt sleep. Wrote chem didnt know shit got 52 on the final, C in the course. Wrote calculus for engineers, A in the final, final mark B- in the course.

Wrote linear algebra, it was 3 hour test and it was accumulative. FUCK, you needed to get the first question write to do the rest of them. IT TOLD YOU THE FIRST QUESTIONS ANSWER SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS>>>>rows should add to #(i cant remember the number),>>>columns this #. MINE DIDNT. I FAILED, FUCK MISERABLY.

ENG 205, statics and dynamics, I have a 40% in the course i need a 40%, 40% of first years fail this course. Im passing because of my 100% on assignments, my midterms(3, total of 30%) have been garbage, absolute filth. Ive probably accumulated a miraculous 3 percent out of 30 on my midterms. If i failed the midterms miserably, how do you think i would do on the finals? We have yet to see, I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST MAN ALIVE IF IPASS. CURRENT GPA: 1.850

Yeah there was an athletics frosh program for engineers, reduced course load, first priority in your discipline. Why didnt i do it? Because my dad said, 'you slacked in HS, time to work hard in University, dont waste time, time is money BLAH BLAH- FUCK, i dont give a shit when i graduate, why should i graduate at the age of 21 so i can work miserably the next 40 years of my insignificant life? I dont give a shit anymore and anything. Im probably on probation or kicked out, i dont give a shit...

FUCK ENGINEERING- NO WOMAN, NONE.

Why would you want to waste college on engineering, ive been stuck with the same 90 guys in my block the whole year. Do i have time for women NO. NO time, maybe if they were in my classes, or in engineering in general, i wouldnt have to walk a kilometer to the sciences or two kilometers to business to see a girl that actually looks like a normal girl, she doesnt even have to be hot, its a sight enough if you can tell shes a girl. Yeah ok so maybe there are 2 hot girls in my class, my standards are wayyy, wayy down. There are another 20 socially capable guys that are being cokblocks, but who gives a shit, because there engineers.

• 2 weeks later...

i btw did quite shit at my exams... macroeconomy, computer stuff, history of the french economy, law went quite ok. accounting was harder than anything we've seen in class or last years exams, maths was impossible (maybe in a few years), and this stupid bc=x^(2/3)+y^1/3 made me do shit in microeconomy :( ...

i hope i'll have at least 220/600 to retake a few exams in june to have at least 300/600...

I just my semester grades back and I thought back to a particular biology exam that pretty much summed up the class.

~Fifty of us are seated in a lecture hall waiting for the professor to pass the exams out. The T.A. strolls in, picks up the exam and flips through it. Looks up at us, cackles, says good luck and walks out the door.

Fifteen minutes later, we are all fucking pissed at how ridiculous the exam is, and in walks the T.A. with a handle of Bacardi. He sets it down in front of the room and walks out.

The professor comes in momentarily to answer questions, sees the now half-empty handle and a student frozen like a deer in headlights mid shot-take, laughs, takes a shot, and leaves.

Halfway through the exam the entire handle was killed. The average on the test was a 60. I wrote an essay immediately after the exam, piss drunk, which I got an A on.

Sparknotes: Hard bio test. TA provides alcohol. Professor drinks with sad students.

i've got to work extra extra hard this spring, considering i got a 1.96gpa in the fall (currently 1st yr) because i failed miserably in calc, which really fucked my gpa, but as along as I pass this 2nd time around with retaking calc, the grade I earn this spring will replace the F in calc.

I also skipped a shit load of classes, I'd say 40%, which I won't do anymore. I'll also have to spend at least 2hrs on calc daily, and another 3hrs at least on the rest of my subjects at my library which will practically be my 2nd dorm. Oh, and go out to get very very drunk every friday for all that hard work.

Rutgers is actually really hard, I totally underestimated it.

advice to college students: don't get an iphone or any other phone that lets you go online mid-lecture

oh fuck....

anyways, i dont know what to really write in this thread yet other than..

studying fashion merchandising at Fashion Institute of Technology, though will be switching to photography IF all goes as planned

Guest No Handclaps Please
tssss the e61i is like a blackberry but with symbian and sturdier

i had a couple of iphone but didn't like it

ha yea i figured but whenever i think of nokias i think of the tiny simple rectangle ones that everyone had in middle school

they were all jockin

Guest Airjamie
advice to college students: don't get an iphone or any other phone that Airjamie is going to bludgeon you over the head for and sell to someone for drugs

Yes. This works.

ha yea i figured but whenever i think of nokias i think of the tiny simple rectangle ones that everyone had in middle school

they were all jockin

oh yeah those

Nokia_3310.jpg

i had one in like ... 1999 or something, but had no one to call !

I thought you weren't allowed to do that or something? Anyways, what's wrong with FMM?

did we discuss this in the past?

youre able to switch majors/schools (ie- business and tech to design) as long as you jump threw the necessary hoops and have good enough credentials, its just that like, only 2 majors accept spring applicants also, so i just have to wait all the way until next fall to switch over.

FMMs cool, if i had to stick with it it wouldnt be the end of the world, i just hate being lumped in with all the CWG dumb cunts who dont know two shits about what theyre majoring in

that and just being a generally unsure freshman college kid having to declare a major from day 1 just got me in a jam. now im just waiting to show my portfolio in feb and twiddle my thumbs