Workshirts

gimmegimme

did not know where to put this, so I will dump it here!

schiesser is an old german underwear brand, which a few years ago started to re-issue/revamp underwear from their archives, as they state from the earlier years of the 20th century.

the reason why post it here in the superdenim section is, that they fit perfectly to the vintage/repro denim, workwear and leather theme (and because I never traveled to the world outside of superdenim@sufu) - and specifically under a nice vintage (work)shirt!

I am so in love with the singlets they produce, called "karl-heinz", that I just purchased my 12th one, as I really wear them every single day. this specific piece comes in white, washed dark blue, light blue and black (i own them in white, dark blue and black).

material is 100% mako-cotton.

here some pics from unboxing my latest white one:

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2400.JPG

one of my favorite long sleeve ...wearing it a lot right now since it's so frigging cold

beatle, I mean it - EVERY day, ALL day! the dark blue and black one as single layer in summer, all colors as base layer in autumn, spring and winter and as night shirt while sleeping. no joke!

jupp, "karl-heinz 1/1 arm jacke"

i really recommend the white and washed out dark blue version!

Do they ship international and also, I'm not seeing all those color options.. am I missing something? I only see "farbe weiss" and "farbe schwarz". I love the short sleeve ones though.

Do they ship international and also, I'm not seeing all those color options.. am I missing something? I only see "farbe weiss" and "farbe schwarz". I love the short sleeve ones though.

so far, I saw the other color options only at my local shop, which is probably one of the biggest stockist (up to the ceiling) of the whole collection and an excluse vendor for these colors. they are not even listed on the schiesser webpage!

http://www.schiesser.com/flash/#/pages/de/schiesser_revival/collection/karl_heinz.html

the washed out dark blue is an absolute must!

the short sleeve version is also really nice, but I am a long sleeve guy.

do not know about international shipping from beatles online shop!

if necessary I can proxy (without a fee).

i wear an 8/40UK (biggest size) for a relaxed underwear fit and a 7/38UK for a snugg underwear fit.

i am 6'2"/190lbs. chest is approx. 42.5".

Lovely shirts. I saw some similar Belgian ones in the Brick Lane covered market; looks to be 1930s, lovely fabric, but all very long.

For those on a budget at the monent, like me, Gap have their special edition shirt of a few months back on sale for £15, around $22 I guess, at the Oxford Street Branch. A few S, lots of M and L left, I downsized to S.

Sorry for poor photos, it's dark in London.

IMG_0800_2.jpg

Nice detailing; one pocket, visible selvage, the fabric is quite heavy. IMG_0801.jpg

And here, while I'm here, is my favrouite shirt, the Levi's Sunset, which I also got abck in the days when they would have amazing sales:

IMG_0798.jpg

Cinch in London have the Levi's Sawtooth on sale, sorry, can't remember exact price. It's a great shirt in this weather... because it's long. I realise I can't wear my Wrangler 27MW with my SDA, because they're a lower rise the tails keep popping out...

Turntabloid:i went to the Alsterhaus today,but as they had only the black and white ones,i didnt bother anyway.but i got myself a size 5 in white-was allowed to try them on! do you have any problems with indigo transferring from your jeans?

nope, not at all. additionally, as with all good underwear, you can basically cook them in the washing machine!

And here, while I'm here, is my favrouite shirt, the Levi's Sunset, which I also got abck in the days when they would have amazing sales:

IMG_0798.jpg

Cinch in London have the Levi's Sawtooth on sale, sorry, can't remember exact price. It's a great shirt in this weather... because it's long. I realise I can't wear my Wrangler 27MW with my SDA, because they're a lower rise the tails keep popping out...

I picked up the Levis sunset blue and white striped shirt from cultizm on sale and it was the best $100 i ever spent.

I also have the LVC bunkhouse which came in raw and it is easily one of my favorites. All the flat felling is done with a single needle lock stitch rather than chainstitch, which I think is a little more historically accurate for the time.

On another note, I brought up the "chainstitch runoff" question some time back in this thread and never really got an answer. I know a lot of Japanese repros produce this chainstitch runoff on their shirts over the side seam gussets, but I don't really get the purpose of it. After looking at pics of vintage shirts (20s to 50s), these are not on them. Look at the Marvins webpage and none of the shirts have these "chainstitch runoffs" and most of the shirts don't even have the side seam chainstitched. When looking at the descriptions of repro shirts they boast about the chainstitch runoffs as if it is a selling point, but I don't really get why they are a selling point.

On another note, I brought up the "chainstitch runoff" question some time back in this thread and never really got an answer. I know a lot of Japanese repros produce this chainstitch runoff on their shirts over the side seam gussets, but I don't really get the purpose of it. After looking at pics of vintage shirts (20s to 50s), these are not on them. Look at the Marvins webpage and none of the shirts have these "chainstitch runoffs" and most of the shirts don't even have the side seam chainstitched. When looking at the descriptions of repro shirts they boast about the chainstitch runoffs as if it is a selling point, but I don't really get why they are a selling point.

Don't know if there is a good answer to this, but the runoff is pretty ubiquitous even on modern clothes. I've noticed it on a vintage Sears sweatshirt of mine from the 60s/70s, and even on my girlfriend's buttondown from club monaco that she bought a few months ago. Somebody on the line probably just forgot to clean up their work.

Don't know if there is a good answer to this, but the runoff is pretty ubiquitous even on modern clothes. I've noticed it on a vintage Sears sweatshirt of mine from the 60s/70s, and even on my girlfriend's buttondown from club monaco that she bought a few months ago. Somebody on the line probably just forgot to clean up their work.

I remember finding this and cutting it off on shirts when I was a kid in the 80s