3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

They don't stretch much. Mine stretched an inch, at most, but shrink back with every wash. However, they are vanity sized (measure larger in the waist than the tagged size).

My true waist is 32", and I take a size 30 in the 3sixteen SL and ST cuts (at least from their earlier runs). I would suggest measuring the waist of your best fitting jeans and sizing accordingly based on the measurements from the 3sixteen webstore or Self Edge.

How many sizes should you typically size down with 3sixteen? Do they stretch nearly as much as apc? thanks

I normally wear size 36 in all my jeans including Iron Heart 301's, Flat Head BSP's and Samurai 710's. I went with a size 34 in the ST210. They were really tight in the thighs for a few hours but then stretched out to be comfortable. The denim on the ST210 is really nice. If you wear them without washing for a while they take on a nice sheen that makes them look a leathery.

no update :confused:

http://twitpic.com/3ssvlc

They've been machine washed and machine dried.

They have developed some amazing puckering, roping and vintage looking fades. Also, the vertical falling is coming along lovely. They're a nice lighter blue color and they shrank back to the original size, which is perfect.

I'll snap some pics in the next few days.

Maybe I can get Gabe to shoot something nice for you guys.

Update.

Crotch is still holding up but could use a repair soon.

r0010512.jpg

Age-resistant hardware

r0010520.jpg

r0010522.jpg

The warp has been worn near the hem from cuffing. Some roping starting to show at the hem, but limited by a lack of tension in the chainstitch.

r0010505.jpg

Broken inseam chainstitch where they were cuffed.

r0010518.jpg

I found some details on the jeans that I didn't appreciate before. Tucked belt loops under the waistband.

r0010517.jpg

The selvage outseam shows more pronounced fading on one half...

r0010506.jpg

...because it's chainstitched!

r0010508.jpg

Two years

r0010531.jpg

r0010532.jpg

Our next run of jeans completes in late April/early May. We're introducing several new fabrics to our lineup, one of them being a super black selvedge (black warp/black weft) as well as a new indigo overdyed jean. More information forthcoming...

I tried messing with the Vimeo embed code in this post, and can't get it to show. Not sure if I need to change the editor or if sufu posts won't allow for embedded vids.

vids look great. excited that they are creating storytelling content!

@PeterParker - yours compare nicely; Jahphet's are relatively new and the Invisible guys like wearing black, which doesn't fade as aggressively. But Norm's are looking pretty good.

@ohsnap - good eye. Here are some photos I took earlier last year... they've progressed further since then.

norm_jeans.jpg

norm_patch.jpg

Thanks for mentioning the project, M.O.A. For those who weren't aware, we launched a video series recently called Singularities. We wanted to document some of the creative folks we've met along the way who wear our jeans - we've found their passion inspiring and hope that these short clips accurately convey it to others. I've embedded them for your viewing pleasure below...

One of the most exciting parts of the Singularities project is that it's meant to be inclusive. If you or a friend of yours is working on something exciting, we'd like to hear about it. We'll select one talented individual and fly out to film with him for a day, and then service the video to help get the winner the exposure that he rightly deserves.

You can read up more on the project here:

http://www.3sixteen.com/singularities

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to grab a pair of the ST-200, looking for a pretty slim fit.

My true waist is a 32, and I wear a 29 in the APC petit standard that i've stretched to 17" across in the waist, and they fit great.

I also wear a 31 in the N&F skinny guy (elephant selvedge).

I'm thinking 31 in the ST-200, but would I be able to pull off a 30?