mrip

General TV show discussion

just binge watched shameless and I'm almost caught up. maybe I don't watch enough tv but the product placement in shameless is pretty fucking apparent and seems to beat u over the head with it every episode. other than that decent show

Edited by cdglove

Wrapped up season 1 of The Americans, was not disappointed. Look forward to s02

Is workaholics finished after e13 for this season? Guessing so

Shit got pretty real on Mad Men this week, I think this final season will be a coming-of-age scenario for a lot of characters

californication is back on

Loving Fargo. Wasn't sure what to think during the pilot (and I was extremely high and couldn't figure out how it related to the movie) but it's great.

Caught all the way up on the Americans, pretty quality

Through s01e06 of banshee so far. Pretty hardcore

Edited by jayrock

I'm sure that is the response the show makers wanted to create with that scene. But that does not keep it from looking extremely stupid.

Louie is back on FX tonight at 10PM. Anyone watch the previous seasons? I haven't yet caught up. More inclined to watch dramas than comedies I suppose.

Louie was really, really good. Sometimes I feel like it's hit or miss, but I enjoyed both episodes a lot. The second one in particular - felt very dreamlike.

I don't remember the old seasons being as good as the two new episodes of Louie. Maybe it's because his stand-up is just better but either way pretty funny

A few episodes into season 2 of banshee. basically a guy who kicks everyone's ass and fucks all the attractive women. A+ on the recommendation

Edited by jayrock

I think Game of Thrones is essentially fan fiction at this point. Don't know how to feel about it.

Hannibal finally got renewed today.

Maron is back on (finally)

This season of legit is depressing.

community was horrible towards the end.

but anyway gonna give another ups to Fargo..really enjoying it so far.

Cosmos is so awesome, that's been my whole morning

Need to check out Fargo fasho

Sign me up, just started seeing promos for that recently

Finished off all of Banshee, pretty solid. Gonna start Fargo ASAP, just re-watched the movie

Louie is getting kinda deep the past two episodes, but still plenty of good humor. Silicon Valley still good, interesting to see how they're dealing with the real life death of the Peter Gregory actor

GoT is ripping along nicely

This Week Tonight with John Oliver is pretty damn funny

Edited by jayrock

Finished off all of Banshee, pretty solid.

One of the best new-ish series recently, I can't wait for next season.

Anybody watching Penny Dreadful?

dat Josh Hartnett comeback

dat Eva Green

dat Timothy Dalton

edit: I missed the PD posts from the last page

Edited by wrong_move

Can we please talk about how fantastic the latest episode of Hannibal was? So many pieces are falling into place for the finale along with a multitude of hilariously dark moments of dialogue from Mason (Michael Pitt).

Definitely need to start Hannibal soon

Watched all the Fargo episodes this weekend, pretty good so far. Billy Bob is doing a great job with his character and it plays off the movie nicely

Penny Dreadful is kinda weird, but the production value and acting talent are there. kinda hard to judge with only two episodes I guess. A lot of crazy characters so far

Edit : awesome game of thrones tonight, setting up some great things

+1 on silicon Valley, maybe the best episode so far

Edited by jayrock

can we talk about how fraiser is one of the top 5 wackest shows of all time

I was sure Lavon would try again with AB, it killed me to see him with George trying to get Lemon back.

... Oh, G.O.T is alright too, I guess

Watched a couple Hannibal episodes last night. Is it pretty much a procedural crime of the week format combined with the overarching Hannibal arc then?

For the most part, yeah. This season especially suffered from a "serial killer of the week" mentality but its focus on the dialogue of psychological manipulation and the production of dream-like images sets it apart for me. Certainly more visually entertaining and emotionally arresting than say a Criminal Minds or a CSI, for example, despite its similarities. It also continues to push boundaries with what a show can get away with on a network like NBC, and the brutality of this show seems to get ratcheted up each successive season.

Plus, it has a dark sense of humor. Absolutely horrendous puns this season and that couldn't make me happier.

Yeah I was getting a very SVU vibe from the first couple of episodes, although the first person view into Graham's ability does create a much more interesting story

A coworker told me it builds up a little more as the season continues and then s02 goes off the rails

The puns are almost laughably bad at times, but the dark humor is enjoyable. I'd give a slight edge to Fargo in that department but only because I've seen more episodes.

Such a great dilemma to be in as a viewer, too much good television and not enough time for it all

Edit: is Ray Donovan worth getting into? My brother liked the first season just fishing for more opinions. I'd eventually like to watch justified too but there's 5 fucking seasons already. That's a pretty intimidating undertaking, whereas Ray Donovan is currently on season 2. The following and the killing have kinda fallen to the wayside for me at the moment, haven't been able to start either. Heard Turn is good also??

Was just told justified >>> ray Donovan so probably going that route next

Edited by jayrock

Watched a couple Hannibal episodes last night. Is it pretty much a procedural crime of the week format combined with the overarching Hannibal arc then?

Season 1 yeah, season 2 is more on Will + Hannibal's relationship. It's great to see the characters from the movies playing somewhat different roles - like Freddie Lounds being female (previously played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Red Dragon) so the story isn't too predictable. Never read the books though. They will probably introduce the Clarice Starling character in S3.

On top of that the cooking scenes always make me hungry

can we talk about how fraiser is one of the top 5 wackest shows of all time

Nah.

fr fr rt FUCK frasier