General TV show discussion

mrip

Edit: is Ray Donovan worth getting into? My brother liked the first season just fishing for more opinions. I'd eventually like to watch justified too but there's 5 fucking seasons already. That's a pretty intimidating undertaking, whereas Ray Donovan is currently on season 2. The following and the killing have kinda fallen to the wayside for me at the moment, haven't been able to start either. Heard Turn is good also??

Was just told justified >>> ray Donovan so probably going that route next

Justified is good but, like any long-lasting series, there are ups and downs. (More ups than downs.) Walton Goggins is exceptional. 

You'll get through Ray Donovon in no-time and not be disappointed. I'd start with that. Jon Voight borderline carries the show, though. 

Made it up to the season 1 Hannibal finale last night, and it definitely gets better than the first half of the season, particularly with the Abigail Hobbs angle. Looking forward to crushing through season 2

Edit: ^ thanks for the input, I'll probably attack them simultaneously at first. Ray Donovan seems like an easy weekend marathon session at least, not nearly as big of a commitment haha

Edited by jayrock

Fargo really ramped things up last night. It's interesting that even when all this shit happens, it never really feels balls-to-the-wall like in Breaking Bad, for instance. Pretty excited for the last four episodes and kinda wish I'd just waited for the whole season to air so I could binge it.

They taking a holiday weekend like GoT? Mad Men mid-season finale this Sunday too I think

Haven't seen last night's Fargo yet but the show is amazing, arguably one of the best on air right now

Opinions on Masters of Sex? While going over showtime's relatively weak offerings, a coworkers said this one was a good one

Edit: just watched the newest Fargo, A+

Edited by jayrock

Masters of Sex was awesome - of one my favourite new shows. 

This season of Hannibal has been great too - they've really ramped up the gore factor. 

AND if anyone isn't watching Silicon Valley, it's hilarious. Mike Judge's new show with an insanely good cast. Really, really funny. 

spoilers conjecture spoilers conjecture

guessing it was all in the plan. he got her to confirm their suspicions and on top of that she gained immunity; bedelia wasn't lying about hannibal always being ahead. gillian anderson's other show got cancelled, so here's hoping she'll be a regular in season 3

bringing abigail back just to kill her in front of will 'again' :o

imagine if the show hadn't been recommissioned and ended like that (would've been good tho)

Not reading those posts yet because I just started season 2,but pretty great so far. The visuals in Hannibal are off the charts

Watched all of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee today, some pretty funny episodes and some fairly boring ones, mostly all worth watching. Only like 13 minute average duration too

Also started rewatching the old Louie episodes because they're on Amazon Prime, guess it's always had a bit of a dark undertone to it but I think the new season is markedly better

Edited by jayrock

Yeah that was a pretty great episode to set up the second half / finale. Don't know when Joan became such a bitch tho (Bob Benson aside, that was pretty hilarious)

Don't know how I feel about Penny Dreadful 3 episodes in, seems kinda dumb. Meh

I'm still rocked by that Hannibal finale, next season should be interesting. The holiday weekend has a lot of shows on break this week too, HBO specifically. Laaame

Edited by jayrock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shn1mPejr_4

Not sure if this is posted yet. It's from one of the creators of Lost. Not sure how it'd work for more than a dozen episodes but at least the premise is something different from the usual.

And yeah Hannibal season finale is way good. Hopefully Fuller can keep the momentum for multiple seasons.

Pretty great episode of Fargo this week, especially the Malvo/building massacre shot

Fargo just feels a bit off to me.  Whoever the writers are...they ain't no 

Coen brothers.  But they are trying real hard to be.  I know I'm in the

minority here.  

They're the executive producers tho? I think the story is really coming into place right now, you can tell they're setting the stage for the final episodes

The Nygaard angle in particular is pretty good right now

Gnarly GoT episode last night for sure. I never read the books, so I can't confirm, but it seems like the show is just cruising through all these story arcs pretty quickly. Only 2 episodes left, so I guess they'll have to build up to the finale quickly also. Solid stuff

orange is the new black season 2 all episodes released next friday. time to binge watch lol

Watched the pilot over the weekend, but I was drunk and it gave off a very effeminate vibe, I guess it is about female prisons tho. Dunno if I'll continue right now given everything else in the queue

Speaking of, half way through Masters of Sex and it's fairly entertaining. Does a good job with the different personas and interactions/attractions between the different people. Another good throwback era drama

Edited by jayrock