General TV show discussion

mrip

I think everyone agrees season 1 should've ended with the deaths of brody and carrie. I was pleasantly surprised by the show though. I wasn't expecting much and actually enjoyed it.

Season 2 dropped off quicker than anything I've seen in a long time. The writing gets bad and every single thing carrie does is the exact opposite of what a real person would do.

its been said a few times, but holy fuck, hannibal has me breaking my "only comedies on basic cable tv" rule. its fucking amazing. im almost more excited for that each week more than game of thrones.

also, the season is over now, but all of you should watch LEGIT. that shit is fucking amazing.

Just finished S1 of Homeland. I don't think I will watch season 2. I found the show way too simplistic and unrealistic, the hint of american cheesiness didn't help either. I think it should have ended like this: Brody presses the button at the end, and Carrie should have killed herself.

I only have 1 wish: That someone overdubs it in Arabic. This would be entertaining.

Les revenants is supposedly pretyt good, did you watch that? I mean a good french tv series is like a unicorn so...

I liked Pigalle la nuit but it was cheesy as fuck, same for Braquo (hilarious like everything Marchal directs)

Les revenants is supposedly pretyt good, did you watch that? I mean a good french tv series is like a unicorn so...

I liked Pigalle la nuit but it was cheesy as fuck, same for Braquo (hilarious like everything Marchal directs)

I have heard good things about "Les revenants", it's downloaded it and I will watch it soon.

As for Braquo I have seen a few episodes of presumably the 1st season on Canal+. The whole thing looked a bit stereotypical plus I have seen way too many of the average French police tv shows from the late 90s early 2000s and am sort of done with it.

I have seen the trailer from Engrenages, looks good.

About Hannibal, I can only confirm what has been said, very solid show so far.

Edited by freecat

episode 4 of hannibal, entitled Ceuf (or some shit like that) was pulled due to tragedies, and was cut up into a webseries.. but only in america, all foreign markets will have the full version... so uh... when will this come out in foreign markets???

So did they just skip to the next episode? I recorded something new last night.

EDIT: did a quick wiki search and they did just skip to episode 5 (coquilles). It looks like episode 4 (ceuf) is broadcasting today in India... not sure about other places. Where can I find the webseries?

Edited by Layne

Has anyone watched hemlock grove? I only watched the first episode and it wasn't that good but am willing to continue if someone will vouch for it. Btw Legit is awesome, you guys should definitely check it out, very funny and heartwarming at the same time, thanks to whoever recced it.

^ thanks for the heads up. i watched the mini series and i don't understand what was so bad... is it the same as the "regular" episode 4? anyways, downloading now so i guess i'll find out.

epiphany how is season 2 of boss? i watched season 1 and it was interesting but didn't blow me away.

has anyone started watching rectify yet? i saw a trailer a while back it looked like it has potential.

I watched the 4th episode of Hannibal ripped from the Indian Tv channel. There wasn't that many developments in the storyline anyway, but still a good episode.

Tonight's episode of Hannibal redeemed all of the stupid rescheduling/pulling of 104. Amazing. I really, really hope it doesn't get cancelled.

I also just watched both seasons of Edgar Wright's short lived Spaced, which I can't believe I've taken this long to watch.

^ I'm not sure what was going on there last night.  And sorry dude but Vikings looks fucking horrible.  Though, I'll admit I've on seen clips of it on The Soup and it looks like they're trying to rip off GoT.

I agree that Hannibal is doing really well.  My only complaint is that the dude playing Will Graham kinda gets on my nerves.  I'm not sure exactly what it is... maybe the whole empathy thing.  Anyways, is there talk of it getting cancelled?  I haven't really paid attention.

And Community is becoming un-watchable.  It's glaringly obvious that they're trying way too hard to be old Community.

Layne, on 03 May 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

^ I'm not sure what was going on there last night. And sorry dude but Vikings looks fucking horrible. Though, I'll admit I've on seen clips of it on The Soup and it looks like they're trying to rip off GoT.

don't knock it til you've tried it, man...

give it 3 eps or so and then make a judgment call, because it's actually surprisingly quality content.

Edited by pooMonger

Has anyone watched hemlock grove? I only watched the first episode and it wasn't that good but am willing to continue if someone will vouch for it. Btw Legit is awesome, you guys should definitely check it out, very funny and heartwarming at the same time, thanks to whoever recced it.

hemlock sucks