General TV show discussion

mrip

started nashville which is kinda good

also hate-watching revolution which is absolutely horrible

I watched Revolution up until the mid season break. I couldn't bring myself to watch any of the new episodes.

Couldn't get into Nashville. Everything about the show was corny as fuck.

Oh and Walking Dead sucks balls. Kinda glad that Andrea died though cuz she's been pissing me off for 2 seasons. And Carl verbally bitch slapping Rick was funny.

Edited by Layne

I never watched Homeland and thought maybe I could start but I think I remember reading here that it went downhill to the barely watchable. Thoughts?

I never watched Homeland and thought maybe I could start but I think I remember reading here that it went downhill to the barely watchable. Thoughts?

I never finished the first season but I think a lot of people liked it or at least think it is watchable.

2nd season is a bit iffy but still worth a watch if only for zeitgeisty reasons

plus it ended stronger and sets up a potentially good 3rd season…

Talking about conspiracy tv series, what was the name of that British media+politicians conspiracy series (yeah I'm vague, starts with a black kid getting shot), it was def worth watching.

Thanks I will watch it then. I also have to start Luther, a friend of mine (the kinda guy who saw The Wire aounrnd 4 times) nearly killed me for not having watched it yet.

Edit: Really like Luther

Edited by freecat

is the world is just, southland will receive many emmy nominations because it's still getting better and better.

i'm jealous of anyone who hasn't seen justified, 4 seasons of awesomeosity awaits them.

I feel like both Southland and Justified have gotten better as the series progressed. In different ways, of course, but they've grown to be some of the best stuff on tv.

Southland really surprised me the most. I was super hesitant when I started the show and kinda didn't wanna believe all the glowing reviews people gave it... maybe cuz it's on TNT or whatever. But the characters are really good and the writing continues to improve.

Also - finally current on Shameless. I basically marathoned seasons 2 and 3. It's definitely grown on me and I'm looking forward to the season finale.

Edited by Layne

I wasn't planning on watching Hannibal, but did last night -- I thought it was fantastic. Really strong casting, and I'm really glad they made it so 'adult,' especially after watching promos for Bates Motel. Something about the whole teenage time frame really turns me off on that one.

Next on my list: Luther, Black Mirror and Les Revenants.

LOL at Bates Motel. I saw a preview for that earlier... c'mon.

Side note: If the last 2 weeks have taught me anything, it's that Game of Thrones isn't even on the same level as the books. I'm sorry to be a negative nancy but we're already 2/10 through with this season and I feel like the story hasn't progressed.

Maybe that's why I love books so much, you can keep going and don't have to wait until next week. I feel like an ass because book 3 is one of my all time favorite works of fiction. I'm not sure what I expect... maybe I'm being unreasonable.

Bottom line, for me, all tv shows are better marathoned.

It's amazing so far - really great cinematography and production design and Mads Mikkelsen is such a great choice.

When they first revealed those bodies last night with hands sticking from the ground and that dissonant music I was flipping my shit.

Edited by timber

Cosign on Hannibal for sure. The scramble scene in episode one with Graham eating "sausage" was suitably uncomfortable and the idea of unknowingly being fed anyone, whether they be your friends or your enemies, is arresting when you think about how subtle differences in taste are. Following that up with Crawford also unknowingly eating "pork" with Lecter in episode two?

The mycelium discussion in episode two had a demented beauty to it as well. Being a former Biology geek it was fun to see my learning show up in my entertainment.

Just finished S1 of Homeland. I don't think I will watch season 2. I found the show way too simplistic and unrealistic, the hint of american cheesiness didn't help either. I think it should have ended like this: Brody presses the button at the end, and Carrie should have killed herself.

I only have 1 wish: That someone overdubs it in Arabic. This would be entertaining.

Edited by freecat