General TV show discussion

mrip

i was slowly losing interest in utopia but tonites show got me juiced. kinda have mixed feelings about the uk 6 show run. on the one hand its just not enough of a fix with shows like utopia, on the other hand it beats waiting out grueling season long turds like american idols got britain or whatevers.

im halfway through house of cards and i dont know if ill finish it

finding it quite surface level most of the time and obnoxious at other times

the peter russo character is the only part of the show i can fully get behind, great character

Started House of Cards last night. Only 2 episodes in and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Kevin Spacey's southern accent is not good and the talking into the camera part is weak. My biggest fear is that it develops into this corny emotion-grabber series like Newsroom.

Last night I watched that House of Cards episode where Kevin Spacey goes back to his old college for some award shit.

So did he have a gay relationship with his friend? They had some super weird scenes that I didn't totally understand. Maybe it's explained later and I just haven't gotten to that part.

I couldn't even finish season 1 of Enlightened. I guess Laura Dern is doing a good job, but I fucking hate everything about her character (maybe that's the intention?).

I really like Utopia. Cinematography and music are awesome... still need to watch episode 6 though.

i loved s2 of black mirror, a lot darker and vicious than s1. i especially liked the third episode. it got mixed reviews due to the script cramming in a bit too much for the runtime, but i thought it was pretty fucking plausible.

yeah, i felt like they couldve really stretched out with another half hour or so. it felt kinda rushed towards the end, but a great episode none the less. its at least twice as good as any british tv show ive seen, which makes sense why the season is half as long at 3 episodes. :(

utopia was pretty good. kinda gets a little convoluted with the story but i agree about the cinematography and the soundtrack. not sure if they killed off the mouthbreather raisin boy assassin, but hes by far one of the more interesting characters on there.

I couldn't even finish season 1 of Enlightened. I guess Laura Dern is doing a good job, but I fucking hate everything about her character (maybe that's the intention?).

i couldnt even finish episode one