Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

I just came under the sudden realisation that I don't want university to end at all.

Especially with most of my housemates graduating and leaving next year (leaving me about). I'm happy with the way things are now and I don't want it to change any time soon. Even though I've known it for years, as you get older, your circle of friends will probably get smaller. I'm happy having uni friends and friends at home home, and then just people you know and have a friendly chat with wherever you are. I don't want any of this to change and sate my experience.

It's going to be a while before I become a doctor, so I've got a good while before it ends, but knowing that others will be leaving changes everything completely.

I don't know why it just I just let it hit me all of a sudden, but I really don't want it to end. I've been aware of it all along, but never given it any real thought until now. Probably due to exams at the moment and a million things going through my head.

I think a part of it is because I started uni late for my age anyway (for several reasons out of my control), so I already felt left behind, and maybe this is just another continuation of that? Partly anyway...

• 4 weeks later...
Off to Dartmouth in the fall...any others (current students/alumni) in here?

i didn't go to dartmouth, but i went to Keene State, western NH is really boring, if you're into the mountains and what not, then maybe you might have more fun in that region.

i'm transferring to Rutgers this fall after taking two years off. I'm kind of nervous about this. I'm 24 now and i know going back to school is weird at that age, but i hope it will be a much needed change from the dead end career of corporate retail management(footlocker).

Anyone on here go to UVA?

The majority of people here wear either the frat-boy style cloths or the high-school senior nikeshirtjcrewshortsdunkswithlowsocks deal, so I probably would have noticed any of the steezyer kids.

entering my 4th(senior) year--- made the mistake of putting off my premed classes for a year ( wanted to get acclimated 1st year), and now I have to work like a bitch as everyone parties.

if anyone is ever coming down to Charloettesville, shoot me a pm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
How's University of Chicago? Im a junior in high school. I'm confused/stressed by the whole process of deciding right now. If any of you could help me out thatd be great.

When i hear of chicago, i remember the phrase, "where fun goes to die". No idea if its true or not but i imagine you're gonna be working your ass off to get good grades.

I'm dead set on applying to Cornell early decision. Anyone give me any tips on specific traits they look for in students? Or just generic good grades/helps community/discovers cure for cancer shit...

When i hear of chicago, i remember the phrase, "where fun goes to die". No idea if its true or not but i imagine you're gonna be working your ass off to get good grades.

yeah after reading more this seems to be the case :( What about vassar? Im really confused I'll probably just end up going to a UOP or a UC.

• 3 weeks later...
who else is stuck at app state

I go to Asheville.

I have friends who have graduated from app over the past couple of years. That place grew into frat boy town after they won those football championships. nothing to do there but get drunk, fuck dirty women, and take drugs.

that bagel place isn't too bad though.

I go to Asheville.

I have friends who have graduated from app over the past couple of years. That place grew into frat boy town after they won those football championships. nothing to do there but get drunk, fuck dirty women, and take drugs.

that bagel place isn't too bad though.

ya youre pretty much dead on... everyones waiting for the football to turn sour but looks like it isnt happening any time soon.