Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

sorry if this is a retarded question I know nothing about the college admissions process. going to be a junior next year so figure I might as well start looking at schools.

for a scholarship that a school gives out (not something weird like sons of the albanian republic or writing an essay for $1000 scholarship) like a full ride of $50,000 does the school award it to you? or do you need to apply for it? basically because of finacial reasons probably going to end up at whatever school has the biggest scholarship for me, so do the schools contact you saying, "hey come here we'll give X money for your scholarship." or do I need to be more proactive about it?

thanks

not to scare you doggie, but look into schools with good merit scholarships. financial aid process did nothing for me. niggas didnt hand over a single dime, some schools really do hook you up with the merit money though

that's what I meant. I guess I phrased it wrong? I'm not looking to rack up debt. I want that free money. i think my GPA is high enough probably to warrant most scholarships (over 4.0 last time I checked). also AP credits help right? got a 5 on my AP US history so i figure that eliminates like 3 credits. what school you go to? and how did it work for you? did they ask you to come to there, or did you ask for a scholarship?

im going to lehigh next year, i got $10,000/yr cuz of grades/sat (not based on if you need the money or not), which is what im talking about when i say merit money. you can also get grants (no loan) if you show need, but what i meant to say is that even if you do show need not all schools are able/willing? to meet it. us news and world report ranked lehigh in the top 25 for meeting finnancial need but i still recieved zero money that way.

Any money you recieve directly from schools you do not need to apply for, they just offer it to you. for finnancial aid i guess the application is FAFSA/CSS, but no essay or anything like private scholarships

pieiskewl - It really depends on the school about the money. Most schools I applied to, I had to apply for a separate scholarship. But obviously there are exceptions. For instance, at U of WA, if you apply before a certain date, I think Nov 1, you'll be automatically considered for merit scholarships. I got a scholarship offer from Brandeis for like 30k/year that I never applied for - fairly certain it came from SAT/AP/IB reporting since I checked that option to let schools know my scores.

skool starts monday--

anyone else slummin it in iowa city?

lsu-bud-light-can.jpg

HAWKS.

262719762_1e179ae550.jpg?v=0

I BLEED GOLD, BITCHES.

large_IowaCity.jpg

bros & hos outside of a shitty bar. note the (fake) burberry purse. i guarantee you that those girls are telling that dude they're from chicago, but they're really just from some suburb (naperville).

http://lookbook.nu/look/101879-bright-like-neon-lights

some kid who thinks he fashionable.

classes are starting tuesday, but i only have to go to classes two days a week as i stacked all my classes on those two days! have to wake up at 7:30 for those two days though :(

let us know if are able to handle it

or

if you end up ditching your morning classes and fail

anyone go to FSU or UF? Thinking of transferring there for free school. Might also check out UCSD and UCLA.

ucla = CWG+KAG, probably not as intensely corn as the southern schools.

i go here, so do a few people that post in the superdenim section.

More UCSD peoples? me and Knugget are also here, in Revelle.

UCSD Marhshall upper apartments this year

-Nudie SJDJ

-Dior MIJ 19cm

-APC Black NS

i'm the guy with the Loaded Vanguard, old graphic, and neon orange orangatang wheels

any more ucsd kids?

is it just me, i haven't really seen much raw denim here, everyone here wears cheap levi's or designers

UCSD Marhshall upper apartments this year

-Nudie SJDJ

-Dior MIJ 19cm

-APC Black NS

i'm the guy with the Loaded Vanguard, old graphic, and neon orange orangatang wheels

any more ucsd kids?

is it just me, i haven't really seen much raw denim here, everyone here wears cheap levi's or designers

yo, I go to UCSD.. 3rd year sixth college, living off campus... if you ever run into me i will be most likely wearing my PRPS new fit (or if those are drying in the sun, my APC NS)!!

what's your major btw?

keep an eye out, ive seen a bunch of nudies and a BUNCH of APC's... never any diors though lol

mostly levi's and rr's, true religions, and MEKS LOL!!

if i ever see someone wearing diors im gonna yell out your handle, hope i dont catch the wrong person LOL