Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

red how do you like Tufts overall? I go to BC and always regret not having applied there.

No complaints, no regrets. Love it.

Downsides: Hassle to get into town. Weeknights are kind of dead. Kids don't respect the steez. Workload can be tough some times.

On the upside: I'm breathing fresh air with these trees all around, swimming in cornlicious white gurls, genuinely interesting cats in my classes, good social life (but nothing that looks like post-grad social life)...'

We have it pretty good out here in Meffah/Slummerville, I think.

atmosphere sounds like BC, but we're closer to the city and weekends aren't as dead. hah slummerville. My only real complaint about BC is our share of cwg are just a little too similar...sometimes it really does feel like a clone factory in terms of everything..Uggs...and leggings were nice for the first three minutes lmao. thanks for the feedback dude

• 2 weeks later...

Just a sophomore, but I'll be looking at Columbia, Amherst, Brown, UofC, Haverford, Hahvahd, Hopkins, NYU, Michigan, Yale, Rutgers, UVM, and Fordham next fall. Are any of those particularly steezy?

It's fun to idealize kids at ivies dressing like the this, but I'm assuming you'd mostly see nerdy kids in baggy sweats, yeah?

Seriously...13 schools is ridiculous, and not all prestigious schools are good in all areas. Realistically, you'll figure out a major and apply to good schools in that field; or just apply to a couple decent unis and figure out what you want to do. You'll kill yourself trying to write 13 different applications and essays for applications.

^Those are not the top thirteen schools on the east coast, nor are they all actually on the east coast.

But you're right that it lacks focus and that thirteen are too many.

He'll figure it out, he has time.

And none are steezy. Duh. NYU wins, if you have to have a winner.

^Those are not the top thirteen schools on the east coast, nor are they all actually on the east coast.

But you're right that it lacks focus and that thirteen are too many.

He'll figure it out, he has time.

And none are steezy. Duh. NYU wins, if you have to have a winner.

NYU is not anymore or less steezy than anywhere else... of course there a few super awesome sightings i am sure but that's with anywhere. the majority of kids at NYU are hypebeasty as FUCK or ridiculous urban outfitters hipsters.

NYU is not anymore or less steezy than anywhere else... of course there a few super awesome sightings i am sure but that's with anywhere. the majority of kids at NYU are hypebeasty as FUCK or ridiculous urban outfitters hipsters.

Better than guidos or kids rockin sweatpants and sweatshirts at rutgers.

hardly

most kids at NYU are ordinary as fuck.

fact.

whoa, I got neg repped to death for that. anyway, i'm just *looking* at those schools, but i'll only apply to 6-8 of them. and since when are rutgers, uvm, nyu, michigan, and fordham "among the most prestigious schools on the east coast"? I'm also applying to UIUC, but I didn't mention it since I'm not actually visiting before I apply.

i'm sure i'll change my mind, but I'm thinking I might do some kind of philosophy-econ double major or joint program.

Yeah most NYU kids look like any other college kids, but the relative percentage of steez sightings is dramatically increased (granted from like 0.001 percent to 0.005, but still...)

negraped newb: look at wesleyan's PPE program. cool shit. my friend does it, loves it. Think Penn might have one too.

whoa, I got neg repped to death for that. anyway, i'm just *looking* at those schools, but i'll only apply to 6-8 of them. and since when are rutgers, uvm, nyu, michigan, and fordham "among the most prestigious schools on the east coast"? I'm also applying to UIUC, but I didn't mention it since I'm not actually visiting before I apply.

i'm sure i'll change my mind, but I'm thinking I might do some kind of philosophy-econ double major or joint program.

I never said they were the most prestigious, but columbia, brown, hopkins, and yale are generally held in high regard. Rutgers also has a very excellent pharmacy program. The idea of my post was that, you'll either pick a major and then apply to schools with a good program in that field, or just apply to a well known school and figure out what you want from there (assuming you have the credentials).

few questions.

what determines if you get a grant or a loan for financial aid?

if my parents make a lot more than 200K last year, was there a point in applying for it? (still wanna get free money if i can!!!)

and is a 50K/yr school worth it if it's like not top 50 with no financial aid? gonna transfer from UCI.

if there are any in school scholarships or if you take any stafford loans and sometimes even private loans STILL want you to apply for FAFSA. as far as the second question, no school is intrinsically worth the cost, it's opportunity cost and that's for you to decide based on what you want to do and how that school can help you achieve your goals.

i applied for a state grant from california which does this:

provides major financial aid for low-income, family supporters. I am neither of these things. but you can easily obtain free schooling completely like i did if you can fill out a short questionnaire and mark "yes" !

i am taking 12 units right now and i had to pay 0.00. i paid for used books thats it.

^ what school do you go to?

and to jon.

well, loans you have to pay back right, so if I "can" pay for it now, there is no point to defer the payment, i just want free money if possible lol

yes, loans you have to pay back, but for some stafford loans the interest is subsidized so you don't have to pay interest on them.