Places of Higher Learning

Miyavi

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, rutgers has some good programs but most people there are stereotypically jersey. One thing they got going for them is the grease trucks, best food ever.

P.S. is warren still boring as hell?

U've lived in Warren? Its is still the same, nothing to do but smoke some hookah&bud, and party a bit, honestly thats all there is to do. I just signed up for Rutgers 3rd summer session class (intro to comm), apparently its a gpa booster, but its def gonna blow since class is monday thru thursday.

back to square one.

going to community college fall '09 semester

until i figure out what is actually going on

because now i might dual degree at hunter

and live in brooklyn with my ex-roommate from before i left pratt.

kinda banking on that choice to be quite honest

i feel like community colleges are underrated. accumulate them credits and fairly easily get a high gpa and transfer somewhere decent. Unless (and it sounds like it) its too late for you to transfer, then thats a whole different situation.

and i'm going to hunter in the fall, not looking forward to high school part II

go to regents uk

it's grossly overpriced so right up your alley

the thing about regents is i won't be guaranteed re-admittance into my current school and my friend who is going is kinda dumb and it's his fourth school in two years lol, so it's like a major backup plan.

also, usc has a program where i can go to LSE for one year too, so I might be going to oxford for one year then LSE, then back to USC...but two years in England is a lot!

Guest jbone45

I hope the majority of you have fun paying off all your massive amounts of college loans with that huge well paying job you're going to land right after college....right.

i feel like community colleges are underrated. accumulate them credits and fairly easily get a high gpa and transfer somewhere decent. Unless (and it sounds like it) its too late for you to transfer, then thats a whole different situation.

and i'm going to hunter in the fall, not looking forward to high school part II

depends on which community college you go to. out here, jc's in cali are great and practically one of the easiest ways to get into UCs of your choice. but somewhere else, not so much.

I would strongly suggest you get experience when you are done with school, or over summer. It's not worth it to fuck up your education. But hey man, it's your life.

yeah, i agree with you, but it's not like i'm taking years off to travel. i'm still gonna be studying in arguably two of the best colleges out there (oxford and london school of economics), and the credits transfer directly to the university of southern california, so i don't really think it would harm my education... but i appreciate you response, since it really does make me think if it's worth it or not since for just those two year would cost around 150 K or more for tuition and expenses, which is a decent sum of money...

(and i honestly hope this doesn't sound sarcastic or anything, because i'm not trying to be, and i am thankful for your input!)

• 3 weeks later...
depends on which community college you go to. out here, jc's in cali are great and practically one of the easiest ways to get into UCs of your choice. but somewhere else, not so much.

should I go to SMC or El Camino ? I plan on getting in the El Camino honors program (automatic 3.0 entry) but I hear SMC has better transfer rates (?)

sorry if this is a retarded question I know nothing about the college admissions process. going to be a junior next year so figure I might as well start looking at schools.

for a scholarship that a school gives out (not something weird like sons of the albanian republic or writing an essay for $1000 scholarship) like a full ride of $50,000 does the school award it to you? or do you need to apply for it? basically because of finacial reasons probably going to end up at whatever school has the biggest scholarship for me, so do the schools contact you saying, "hey come here we'll give X money for your scholarship." or do I need to be more proactive about it?

thanks

shimshimhae but my question is, am I expected to be asking schools for scholarships or viceversa?

it depends. some schools you send in the financial aid application at the time of your admissions application and some you apply for financial aid after you accept. it really just depends on the school, i suggest contacting the financial aid office of the schools you are wanting to apply to to get the best information, every school is different...