iconic denim photos

Bona Drag

4x5 Kodachrome transparency of 1942 USN chambray and denim. With the recent closing of the last Kodachrome lab in the world these images become even more poignant.

USNdenimchambray.jpg

I saw that story this morning. I knew it was coming but it was still a shock. So much American optimism and energy has been captured on Kodachrome... it's a mini tragedy, for I'm sure if they'd sold the rights on there would be enough of a hardcore kopdachrome user base audience to support it.

1a35093v.jpg

From the Cool, distressed denimthread.

Paul, I think you're probably right although the Kodachrome process is very expensive and time consuming. If more people had continued to buy and process Kodachrome it probably wouldn't have disappeared.

Here's another cool photo of 1930's CCC denim dungarees. Wouldn't it be cool if someone made great reproductions of these in Western sizes!

dungareesII-1.jpg

they look a little bit like tender's silhouette.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Paul, I think you're probably right although the Kodachrome process is very expensive and time consuming. If more people had continued to buy and process Kodachrome it probably wouldn't have disappeared.

Here's another cool photo of 1930's CCC denim dungarees. Wouldn't it be cool if someone made great reproductions of these in Western sizes!

dungareesII-1.jpg

I think these are the same as the U.S. Army issue denim with the buckleback? WWII Impressions makes a repro....:D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...