iconic denim photos

Bona Drag

• 2 weeks later...
just saw bonnie and clyde again, and michael j pollard is dressed real nice

Bonnie+and+Clyde+-+Michael+J+Pollard+03.JPG

He's got himself a polka dot wabash shirt on underneath that jacket. Hmmmm, does he ever take that jacket off?

earlyspecials.jpg

thespecialsbw.jpg

early pics of The Specials

Nice pics freshwater. +repped. Never knew Dammers sported a type III, looks like an earlier type? Great band, 'proper british' .

I know Suggs from Madness has an early type three he sometimes wears.

Also, n the cover of 'absolutely he wears a pair of 60's redlines IIRC.

• 5 weeks later...

Here is another one of Brando in his 501's. I wish it were possible to find a shot of the jeans he wore for the stage play of Streetcar --- apparently they were specially pinned and the pocket bags removed.

Anyway, here is the more standard wardrobe of the film.

marlon_brando.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

^Mr. Freedom Riders (an early prototype)

They look like WWII utility pants. There were, however, lots of workpants made in this style around this time. He could be in any number of them. I love how nicely hige develops on jeans with trouser-style/slash pockets.

Great film and the jacket looks brilliant. I'll have to rewatch all the Mann/Stewart Westerns to check out the denim.

And what a great actor Jimmie Stewart was. Effortless brilliance! Those Mann Westerns were unhinged anguish.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's Sunday NY Times obituary had the story of Frank Emi, a Japanese American who was forced to live in detention camps after Pearl Harbor. Frank was one of a few who resisted when the US Government then tried to draft them into military service while forcing them to live in a concentration camp. Frank's the one in the denim and engineer boots.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/us/19emi.html?ref=obituaries

Emi.jpg

Today's Sunday NY Times obituary had the story of Frank Emi, a Japanese American who was forced to live in detention camps after Pearl Harbor. Frank was one of a few who resisted when the US Government then tried to draft them into military service while forcing them to live in a concentration camp. Frank's the one in the denim and engineer boots.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/us/19emi.html?ref=obituaries

Emi.jpg

Frank's my hero. Style with attitude. Love it.