so... how many years do we have left?

the_state

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People were saying the same things in 1977.

We'll except for Global warming. No one gave a fuck about that back then and the kids were having their minds corrupted by FM Radio and smut on TV like "Soap".

Also replace India and China with Russia and Iran.

back then most naysayers gave us 20 years then BOOM!!!

Hehe those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. You're all gonna be just fine kids. Thanks jimmyc.

Almost every generation has thought that it would be their generation in which the world would end. The truth of the matter is that we will all be long gone and dead before any exceptional, life-threatening change happens.

People are scared of death. They don't want to admit that the world and the human race will keep on going when they are gone. They don't want to admit that, in time, their existence on this planet will mean nothing because nobody will remember them. Very, very few people ever make a difference in this world and leave behind a legacy that can be appreciated by future humans. Most of us just die, giving nothing back to the Earth and consuming resources while we are alive. Everything you have ever done in your life will ultimately be meaningless because all of those whose your actions have affected will be gone. It will be as if you never existed: your existence will not be significant in any sort of degree.

The situation in the US is bad, but it is by no means apocalyptic.

The oil crisis? Advancements in solar, fission, and possibly fusion energy technologies could remedy our energy woes. Or maybe genetically engineered bacteria that eats garbage and produces oil as a biproduct? Who knows. We're working on it though.

The weak dollar is a matter of economics and not really an end-of-the-world type problem.

Sure, we are polluting and making species go extinct, but this kind of human industrial behavior has been going on for centuries. When we are all gone and dead it will most likely still persist.

People who clamor about asteroids and disease and pollution and nuclear wars ending our generation are insecure about their ultimately insigificant role in history. The world is not ending, and certainly not in 2012. And unless you are a scientist who works for CERN and discovers magnetic monopoles when the LHC is fired up, winning yourself the nobel prize and a place in the history books, you will not be remembered. And when you die you will be buried or incinerated with your ashes thrown over the sea by your children and life will go on. And when your children die they will be buried or incinerated with their ashes thrown over the sea by their children and life will go on. The human world will persist; we (pretty much) cannot be stopped. We are a virus, after all.

edit: jimmyc knows what's up

thats positively false. A semester ago my geology professor showed us the rate at which the magnetic field is weakening and how less powerful it is right now in comparison to just 10 years ago. Its a natural process that has a lot to do with the earths core and the huge diposit of iron that spins within it.

It takes over the course of years for it to fully reverse, but there is a point where it will be at a near zero before it regains power and re expands across the planet.

The troubling thing is, besides reversing which way our compasses will point to percieved north, we dont know how this will affect our bodies or way of life since we rely heavily on magnetic forces every day

Ahhhh you've brought up bad memories of physics :P.

There are cold spots in the melted iron/magma in the Earth's core that are slowly going from the top of the earths equator to the bottom. The magnetic field will lose around 90% of the magnetic force exposing us to radiation from space and we've already lost around 5% if I remember right.

Also, something about the Earth becoming like Mars if the magnetic field didn't flip again was brought up in the discussion but I don't remember to much cause I learned this a while ago.

What interests me is what will happen in 2012, there are so many "warnings" about 2012 from different sources. I remember watching a TV show that said the aztecs only predicted a big change, nothing about the end of the world though.

Aztec's or Mayan's predicted the world would in end in 2012 so you might be right but also with global warming the only keeping us alive is the fact of global dimming so we might have more years than most people think.

they couldn't even predict their own end whats up with that?

====================================

well look at it this way...brohymn said it correctly...

we are all going to die.

friends of mine a few....died drowning, accidents, aneurysms, etc...surely they didn't know they would die so early and so young.

even me...ive been hit by a car 2 years ago and was thrown into another lane on a rainy ass day. thankfully there was no car on the other side...but what if there was? i'd be dead.

so live your life to the fullest you never know when you're going to buy the farm.

Well the whole "global warming" thing is a myth, i dont mean the earth is not getting hotter but that it is not our fault. the sun is getting hotter, moons off of saturn that were solid ice are now just water! And well WWIII will probably happen in the next 20 years, just look at 9/11! do you think "terriosts" took down 3 traid centers (yes i said 3) traid center 7 also fell that day! i bet you didnt know that! look it up! it falls just like a demonlition because of "small fires". Our world is gonna fall.

Wow, you pretty much covered it all right there. I think you win an award for failing.

Oh i know that! well im no expert but i dont believe everything a dumb man from Texas tells me, and it more like actually watching footage of the "attacks" and knowing the difference between pancake collapse and a demolition ,and analyzing articles written by physics professors, and accucally researching both sides just to name a little bit of what i have done, maybe you should do the same "before you fancy yourself an expert on complex matters..."

I wrote a 40 page, peer reviewed research paper on the FEMA and NIST reports. I've interviewed and worked with Kevin Barrett on the issue. I've interviewed Dylan Avery and his crackpot team of idiots and found that they know nothing. I've had discussions with Jim Fetzer on the topic. I've analyzed squibs, "nuclear" footprints, the pitch of the North Tower's fall, dust cloud density analysis, dust cloud volume analysis (both to determine necessary amounts of energy expended)...I could go on for hours. Oh and I spent a week sleeping at the Brooks Brothers "morgue" while on search and rescue volunteer service for the Red Cross from 9/12-9/18. You know what all of that knowledge told me? Absolutely nothing, only more questions. Don't you dare pretend to be spouting "truth" when you have absolutely no concept as to what actually happened. If you can give me a detailed description of the fire movements/NIST's determination of destruction of the 47 core columns (including fireproofing), then I'll listen to you.

Your move.

Very true - Im so sick of hearing about China.

Any country would have exceptional GDP growth if they allowed prision labor, child labor and paid workers barely anything to work in god-forsaken environments.

It's still not a developed country by any means, there are still strict restrictions on FDI.

That export-orientated, raw material abundant disaster is tearing the ozone layer a new asshole

Kinda what every major developed country went through while developing? We made the game, everyone else has to follow suit to compete.

Imagine how people in medieval or monarchical or feudal societies felt, or the people of the World Wars and the Cold War. Cavemen probably had to watch their backs constantly so they wouldn't get killed while taking a shit or something. I guess we have it real good in the developed world and can't even imagine what life is like for those in poor countries, many of whom live in pre-modern conditions by our standards. We spoiled people get antsy at the thought of having to use 1-ply t.p. or eating Spam or wearing calfskin instead of cordovan.

It's like one poster already said, everyone wants to imagine the world will end with them, we don't want to think that life goes on, even when we're gone. If anything, those of us living in rich countries might be brought down a notch. My hope is that there will be some wealth equalizer that comes into play, which I guess to some means end times.

developing countries are not going to be allowed to follow suit

they will have to take out loans for mandatory renewable energy sources

be forced to buy genetically modified seeds that do not reproduce for the next season

and basically be killed off or left to die until a sustainable global human population is reached and we can all enjoy the earth that we saved

my move:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/06/30/doomsdaycollider.ap/index.html

this can't be good. mayans might have overshot their estimate with 2012. this is pure james bond super-villain steez.

i thought they had already turned this on? i remember reading a article in new scientist with a quote from one of the guys saying something like "well. we dont actually know what will happen when we turn it on..."

my tip for survival: clean water will be the new oil. blue gold people. stock up now.

I have called it to years world war 3 will start when isreal bombs Iran. Iran will retaliate and bomb isreal and America will be involved within days. Its all going down this month! Iran Russia north Korea vs America isreal and uk, who u got your money on?

Right now as I write this there are 320,000 graves being dug up in Iran for any invading country's soldiers to be buried as due under the laws of war. Search for it on CNN dot com.

World war 3 comming to a country near you. Late 2008 early 2009.