Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

stop smoking and do some bench presses? :) that fit looks fine.

+ squats, + dead lifts + milk (or other protein)

they have been around since 1997, there on lot12 now so it could be the year of production

edit, beautiful_FrEaK beat me to it

Hmmm... my 10yr Anny S5000 says Lot #10SP. Got them last year and think they came out in late 2008 (11th year if Flash is right about 1997). I think the Lot# represents the year the fabric was woven and dyed but not the year the jean was produced / released.

Alright here are the post-soaks for my S0500XX Size 31 Lot 12

Measurements:

Waist: 31

Front Rise: 10.5

Back Rise: 14.5

Thigh: 12

Knee: 8.8

Leg Opening: 8

Inseam: 32.5

ok6fet.jpg

21ep47c.jpg

Still thinking about selling these. Not sure how I feel about the fit. *ponder*

[vent] my fucking S5000 10SP is such a bitch to fade!! my SExIH01BKs were easier to fade than these! i guess natural indigo is harder to fade and the bamboo dyed weft ain't helping things.

i'm losing the contest against my fiancé and her geisha's that she got a month after i got mine and she doesn't even wear them every day! arrrggaaaahhhh!!! [/vent]

yeah lowrider I banished my 10SPs to the back of the closet, only used when dressing up. I learned my lesson with the s510xx ai-n - definitely cool to break a pair that no one else has but really frustrating when you don't see results after such a long time.

As has been mentioned here a few times, I don't think it's the natural indigo that is harder to fade but actually that because natural indigo is usually on the "flagship" models they get a better dye job than your average synthetic. Chemically speaking, they are the same so it must be the process...

yeah lowrider I banished my 10SPs to the back of the closet, only used when dressing up. I learned my lesson with the s510xx ai-n - definitely cool to break a pair that no one else has but really frustrating when you don't see results after such a long time.

As has been mentioned here a few times, I don't think it's the natural indigo that is harder to fade but actually that because natural indigo is usually on the "flagship" models they get a better dye job than your average synthetic. Chemically speaking, they are the same so it must be the process...

... must not quit... must not quit...

i am aware of the fact that synthetic and natural indigo are chemically identical but i didn't take into account that these were dyed 20 times... good point!

interesting side note - i got some expanding sealing foam (nutty stuff - super sticky) on my 10SPs and found out that you can pick it off (albeit slowly) with a knife after it dries and everything comes off without any loss of indigo!

Can't wait. Mine are coming along slowly, over a month or so. But I seriously just sit on my butt all day at work, so nothing exciting. Just appearance of the wallet and the whiskers.

Well I may send mine back to Gordon to repair the crotch stitching is comming undone and it needs to be patched.

When, and if, i buy another pair of japanese jeans, i'm considering a pair of samurais. i'm thinking either the 710 or 500 cut... but what i am still not clear on is the whole Lot # thing.

Can someone please run down the whole lot# and sizing relationship?

which one shrinks to tag size (runs big), which one shrinks from tag size (runs small)?

which lot does 2nd carry, which lot does BIG carry?

thanks in advance

and just curious to hear some opinions, which denim they like better: 19oz (710) or 15oz texas (500)

i suggest going with a 500 cut they dont have the sizing issue

the s710cut from my experience doesnt have any sizing issues too but ive seen a lot here but the denim on those 500 are amazing

Looks great to me IPark! I am hoping for a similar fit on the Sufu BiG collabs.

btw: What tagged waist are they? I assume 31?

Alright here are the post-soaks for my S0500XX

Measurements:

Waist: 31

Front Rise: 10.5

Back Rise: 14.5

Thigh: 12

Knee: 8.8

Leg Opening: 8

Inseam: 32.5

Still thinking about selling these. Not sure how I feel about the fit. *ponder*

what is the general consensus on sizing down 1 on 0500? i would like a similar or a tad slimmer fit of 811 and also experience the denim everyone seems to be praising about. I am in a dilemma between choosing 0500 and the 710.

i went TTS with my 0500s (pictures on the previous page). im about 5 11 and 165 lbs...size 31. size down one if you want slimmer fit. i think you should just go for the 0500XX :)

thanks, your fit looks great on you. i believe 0500 has the texas cotton right? would sizing down 1 on 0500 be still straighter than a tts s710?

how easy is it to stretch the waist on those? im natural size 30, my sz30 811s are probably 31-32 now since i sag, so if i get a size 29 0500, is it possible to stretch to around 2 sizes or so.

demonito says:

the s710cut from my experience doesnt have any sizing issues too but ive seen a lot here but the denim on those 500 are amazing

you should be able to stretch it out to around 31-32....i think.

wrong Ed, sorry.

S0500 lot.10 were also affected by this sizing issue (like my pair)

and the S710 lot.10 too. (ask Atzec, his size 34 were also shrink from tag size)