Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

anyone thats familiar with the newest lot of s5000vx 17oz can you offer me any sizing advice..from what i gathered from the thread so far is just go TTS..but looking at BiG's chart its saying they are 2 sizes bigger presoak..will they really come back down 2 sizes after a initial hot wash?

does the 0505xx cut fit weird or something? i dont see too many people with them.....

whats it like? i kinda wanna get a pair

I'd say it's a bit like the 0500's, with a bit more of a taper, and a higher rise. I would like to get a pair, if only they ran buttons.

does the 0505xx cut fit weird or something? i dont see too many people with them.....

whats it like? i kinda wanna get a pair

Fit is more like a straight leg if you get it hemmed. I had it hemmed to a 33" inseam before soak, so that might've taken away a bit of the taper. And you're right, I think I'm one of the few that own a pair.

from the measurements the 505 are very similar to the S710. read somwhere they are cut similar/the same.

@kino: I took size 33. the thighs are my biggest concern. I'll let you know, so you can check/compare with your Denimes ;)

thanks bF :D

Just got my S710XX 19OZ from Hide at SharpServiceJP

Tagged: LOT 12, 33X36

Pre-Soak (Hot Wash):

Waist: 34"

Front Rise: 11.5"

Thigh: 12.5"

Knee: 9.25"

Hem: 8"

Inseam: 39"

They're being hot-washed right now. I'll be posting Post-Soak (Hot Wash) measurements when they're done.

It seems like from your measurements they shrink to tagged size.

This seems like +1" on waist from what BiG posted

s710xx_spex_webb.jpg

What do you think accounts for the difference?

If my jeans measure 16" across after a few weeks of wears/stretching what size should I go for? I was thinking of going for a measured 32" that will shrink 1" and stretch 1". According to the BiG chart that would be a size 30. According to your measurements that would be a 31

It seems like from your measurements they shrink to tagged size.

This seems like +1" on waist from what BiG posted

s710xx_spex_webb.jpg

What do you think accounts for the difference?

If my jeans measure 16" across after a few weeks of wears/stretching what size should I go for? I was thinking of going for a measured 32" that will shrink 1" and stretch 1". According to the BiG chart that would be a size 30. According to your measurements that would be a 31

My size 33 lot 12 was proxied from Hide at SharpServiceJP, and measured 34 pre-soak and 33 post-soak. I wore them for about 4 hours when they were just about dry and they stretched back to a 34.

I'd call BiG before you order and get them to measure the waist for you before they send out the jeans. It's possible that not every pair measures exactly what's shown on their size chart.

is BIG ones lot 12?

Yes, they are lot 12.

My pair is quite long, so I need to send them out to be hemmed.

I need to hem my S710XXs. I was going to send them to BiG, but they won't hem them since I got them from Japan. I guess I should've waited for them to restock instead of jumping the gun.

Self Edge said I had to bring them in in person for hemming since they weren't purchased in-store.

I'll have to give Denim Doctors @ HTC a call and see if they can hem them...