Supreme 2008 S/S

Dead_Wizard

Hmm, new pics came out of the Bad Brains Vans in Shoe Master and they look different. Slightly different color blocking and different colored squiggle. Reminds me of how the Neighborhood Vans went through about 40 font changes on the print on the midsole.

shoemastervol91ty7.jpg

\/\/

The yellows look a lot better. Not sure if I like the light green switch up on the greens though. Personally I think they should have stuck with a yellow/green/red scheme for all of them. The black heel looks a little out of place.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres absolutely no reason these should be hypebeasted

if it says supreme it will be hypebeasted, though probably not kermit-style. the fact that 99.9% of the beasts have never heard of bad brains doesnt matter if there's a box logo in there somewhere.

and by the way, why are they (supreme) recycling their own ideas these days? surely there are other semi-obscure bands/artists to "pay tribute to"?

btw to rodhall, bad brains are rasta and definitively not gay - read this if you aren't old enough to remember this point of controversy:

http://everything2.com/e2node/Don%2527t%2520Blow%2520Bubbles

i had heard a long time ago that there was this huge scandel with HR because he actually is gay and rasta?? I dont know whatever, theyre still fucking bad. And HR himself makes excellent reggae music on his own. Im not rasta, so i dont give a shit whos gay or not. A lot of great bands lead singers were gay. But enough about bad brains...this isnt the Supreme Saved My Life thread.

HR isn't gay, the controversy (in a nutshell) was that he freaked out on tour when he found out that several well known punks (like Dave Dictor of MDC and Biscuit of the Big Boys) were gay, he and the other Bad Brains went ballistic in a very publicly homophobic way that many people have never forgiven them for. I've heard/read Daryl and Dr. Know apologize for this much later on, but HR has never backed away from the typical Rasta view of homosexuals AFAIK.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion of stupidity.

HR isn't gay, the controversy (in a nutshell) was that he freaked out on tour when he found out that several well known punks (like Dave Dictor of MDC and Biscuit of the Big Boys) were gay, he and the other Bad Brains went ballistic in a very publicly homophobic way that many people have never forgiven them for. I've heard/read Daryl and Dr. Know apologize for this much later on, but HR has never backed away from the typical Rasta view of homosexuals AFAIK.

ooh ok, word.

you motherfuckers they started pretty straight hardcore punk....who here has actually listened to bad brains, just cause the shoes are in rasta colors doesn't mean theyre a protypical straight rasta band.

thank you captain obvious.

What are the rules on wearing the Bad Brains stuff if you haven't listened to any of their records since Rock for Light?

Does that mean you can rock the shoes but not the T-shirts or what?

Yes, but not the yellow or green shoes, just the red. Unless, of course, you know the lyrics to I Against I, in which case you can wear any color shoe, but only while wearing a Fearless Vampire Killer tee.

They refused to play those Texas dates when they found out Biscuit was gay.

My friend knew a guy that lived in a punk house with HR and the washer/dryer was in HR's room. There was this lesbian that lived there that he wouldn't let use the washer/dryer, but he would do her laundry for her if she left it outside the door. Apparently he did this the whole time she lived there. HR laundry service.

As for bad brains now, I saw them on the boat cruise last year and it sucked. It wasn't loud and the crowd was boring.

supreme x glassjaw wouldve been better. but i think it has been done before, because there band t shirts and style was always 10x ahead.

btw i read a long time ago that supreme used to do the all american rejects shirts, any info on pics? or was that just a rumor i heard?

btw i read a long time ago that supreme used to do the all american rejects shirts, any info on pics? or was that just a rumor i heard?

Probably a rumor, I know the lead singer of All American Rejects has some design background.

/\/\/\

It's jacquard crew necks and polos, not a t shirt restock.

As for bad brains now, I saw them on the boat cruise last year and it sucked. It wasn't loud and the crowd was boring.

ml even though you talk shit, i agree with you. I saw them at HOB with all these broskis, worse crowd ever. And HR was not into at all making it boring, he had his hands in his pockets the whole time.

shame on you supreme. those ma-1's are paper thin and pricey as a mofo...

hmmmm, perhaps they are thin because it's spring/summer? the price is in line with all the other outerwear that's come out thus far in the collection. considering what they're charging for a garbage zip front hoody it's relatively value for money.

i don't have a good hr story but i when i saw bad brains in 93 or so the mosh pit had to stop for a few minutes because a lens popped out of my friend's glasses & he had to find it. i think it was supposed to be their resurgence but they were pretty bad.

maybe but decks are one of those things you can count on them having in stock forever. i think with the murakamis they sold like 3 sets on release day then shut down distribution that day due to excessive hypebeast bandwagoner demand. but after that i never saw anybody have a problem scoring one unless they were a d-bag.