College Acceptance Letters

Mr Calvin Oscar

I don't get it.. I was denied UCSD.. but accepted to USC and UCI.. I was given ELC and I had solid test scores and 4.0+GPA.. agh :\

Just waiting on Berkeley and UCLA but things are looking pretty grim..

Whoa, I found that werid. I didn't make ELC at my school, but UCSD gave me my first choice of colleges.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone apply to UC Merced? it was one of my backup schools couple years ago, wonder if it's grown any since.

Merced is supposedly the one UC anyone can get into. Word of mouth says it's ranked lower than UCR.

This thread is filled with superdrama. (10)

Seriously though, don't forget that transferring is also a totally viable option. If you're not happy, just work towards a junior transfer. If you're concerned about your academik steez, don't worry. If you transfer, you're still a LA/Berkeley/whatever graduate and no employer's going to dig further than what you put on your resumé.

Dude. This latest batch of weed is totally making me into Mr. Miyagi or some shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, reading this thread makes me realize how young some of you guys are. Explains why some of you are so angry all the time. I feel old. I be a Super Senior next year...5th yr. of college, baby.

Wow, reading this thread makes me realize how young some of you guys are. Explains why some of you are so angry all the time. I feel old. I be a Super Senior next year...5th yr. of college, baby.

...or it could be due to the fact that you simply post a lot of stupid shit.

got into U of A (Alberta). the application process in the states sounds so hectic and it seems really hard to get into a good school. Thankfully up here it's solely based on academics and I could pretty much get into any school that I wanted to go to

I was rejected from the University of Chicago,

but I've decided I didn't want to go there anyways.

Almost applied to Columbia College Chicago, but I hear it has really easy, high skool-level coursework.

Got into the University of Iowa.

I don't mind Iowa City, but I know I'll grow sick of it in six months.

Applying to the Ecole du Louvre in a year or two.

I'm twenty ---------

are you twenty too?

Most acting schools I've checked out require two or three years of like 'work in the field,' or classes, or whatever. I applied to a really good school when I was seventeen, did the whole application process, did an audition - and at the end of it they said I was too young to be admitted, but I should come back when I was older.

Almost applied to Columbia College Chicago, but I hear it has really easy, high skool-level coursework.

UC and Columbia College? What's the common thread there? I have a friend who goes to CCC and yeah it's probably as you describe it.

It sounds like you ought to have applied to more schools overseas.

They're both in Chicago. That's basically about it.

I decided early on I'm going for art history, but it was just a matter of deciding if I wanted to get out of my state or not. So I contemplated applying to Columbia College Chicago because I knew I'd get in.

I should've applied for more international stuff. But I'll try the Ecole du Louvre when I feel my French is good enough.. Wish me luck.

what are you thinking of majoring in? im a creative writing major at iowa, and if that is what you are into, there's really no where else that's better to go. the town itself is decent as long as you have some stuff to do other than drink.

if you have any questions about the school shoot me a pm, i'd be happy to talk to you.

Damn, this is a seriously UC saturated thread. Anywho, I'm in at UMichigan (With a great fucking scholarship), McGill, NYU, and some random safeties.

Since this is superfuture, based strictly upon location I'm guessing that it would be ranked in the reverse order, but NYU will seriously make me broke forever. How's Montreal?

....heh, what about Ann Arbor?

what are you thinking of majoring in? im a creative writing major at iowa, and if that is what you are into, there's really no where else that's better to go. the town itself is decent as long as you have some stuff to do other than drink.

if you have any questions about the school shoot me a pm, i'd be happy to talk to you.

No questions here.

I have several friends who go to Iowa, & I've visted more times than I can count. The town really isn't bad at all, especially for being in this state. Drinking is a big past-time of mine, but I've found lots of other stuff to entertain myself with. Red Poppy & The Picador are great. Have you been to the Chait Gallery? I might be working there over the summer/next year.

My major is art history (with a museum studies certificate) and French. I plan on transfering, though. I actually went to the Iowa Young Writers' Studio a couple summers back, which is a high skool version of the graduate's program. Good stuff.