College Acceptance Letters

Mr Calvin Oscar

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't Lesly a girls school? now the question is, is Wagner a legit school? i never even heard of it until you said you got in..

www.wagner.edu

its actually a really cool school. thats why its my second choice. they also filmed School of Rock there.

if you got into wagner, you should be fine getting into emerson. I had a couple friends that went to wagner, and they got into both schools. Wagner just loves to give out $25,000 tuba scholarships apparently, which influenced their decisions. I go to school a block from emerson, it seems nice

what are you going for? the guy that does ESEF denim's girl goes to lesley, I guess you get to use Art Institute's faclities if you're going for photo or art or something, which is nice as they have a ton of gear and decent darkrooms I've heard.

i'm going undeclared to everywhere except emerson, where i'm looking to do media studies (8 parts analysis, 2 parts production). lesley was a safety for me since im definitely interested in being in the greater boston area.

emerson or wagner over bard is kind of strange unless you're an actor or something.

not really. bard is bottom of the heap for me because its in the middle of nowhere, they only offer a few things i'm supremely interested in, and of the 5 friends that i've had go to bard, 4 of them have had awful experiences and transferred after a year. its just another art school i figured i'd apply too. like i said, i'm going undeclared to everywhere except emerson, where i wanna do media studies. emerson is more film/communications than actors/actresses in reality.

you've gotta be kidding me. if you dont like the abercromie kids, dont hang out with them. having all those hot chicks on campus is definately worth having to be around abercrombie meatheads

nah, not worth it when theres pretty girls sans the bros up north

I'm not going to lie, dino. I don't think i've ever seen quite the collection of attractive girls that i've seen at FSU every time i visit. It's just unreal. Every smoking hot girl who lives in florida that isn't smart enough for UF goes there. I have 2 friends up there with smoking hot girlfriends and they're definitely not that good looking of guys. Gainesville has a pretty nice balance of cute girls slightly less bros. But then again, you have a lot of wannabe hippie, vegan, etc... kind of culture here that gets pretty annoying. Gainesville is much much nicer than tallahassee at least. I still wanna get out of here after my master's. It's just so cheap right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I need your help superfuture.

I need to respond to Parsons by the 20th. Should I go to NYU or Parsons? I got into direct entry photography at Parsons, and I would go Undeclared into the GSP at NYU. I love all things art, but going into Parsons just seems a lot more risky than going to NYU. As of this moment I am leaning more towards Parsons.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK l SHOULD DO?!

Guest spazzz
I need your help superfuture.

I need to respond to Parsons by the 20th. Should I go to NYU or Parsons? I got into direct entry photography at Parsons, and I would go Undeclared into the GSP at NYU. I love all things art, but going into Parsons just seems a lot more risky than going to NYU. As of this moment I am leaning more towards Parsons.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK l SHOULD DO?!

is this a serious question? NYU for sure. Just because you like photography now doesn't mean you'll end up doing it in college, go to NYU.

hmm.. i'm doing my GE at a community college right now, but i'm trying to think of possible places to apply to. i don't really know what i want to do for sure but something with business, maybe purchasing and maybe minor in english.

i'm thinking of applying to ucla, but i the thought of going to school overseas (like someone mentioned going to school in the UK) really interests me. the only thing i'm concerned about is like costing too much. like if i wanted to go to nyu, i'd have to find a place and then pay crazy out of state fees. and plus my parents have got to pay for my brother's college as well (year older than i am). STUDENT LOANS OF DEATH.

I don't get it.. I was denied UCSD.. but accepted to USC and UCI.. I was given ELC and I had solid test scores and 4.0+GPA.. agh :\

Just waiting on Berkeley and UCLA but things are looking pretty grim..

I can't afford USC, I just applied there because my mom forced me to. By the time I applied scholarships were overdue and I didnt bother filling out their css. My top two for sure were San diego and la, but seeing as how LA is "ranked higher" than sd I'm not entirely optimistic.

I don't get it.. I was denied UCSD.. but accepted to USC and UCI.. I was given ELC and I had solid test scores and 4.0+GPA.. agh :\

Just waiting on Berkeley and UCLA but things are looking pretty grim..

all i can say is wtf...i don't think i've ever heard of that happening =/ dude you just got screwed

I figure its because I applied with biomedical engineering as my major.. I think because UCSD is 3rd best in the nation for biomed, there's way more competition to get into the engineering school. Oh well. It's probably that, the fact that I'm an asian male might hurt me too, and my extracurrics weren't spectacular..

UCLA and Cal decisions on the 27th.. *crosses fingers*

I figure its because I applied with biomedical engineering as my major.. I think because UCSD is 3rd best in the nation for biomed, there's way more competition to get into the engineering school. Oh well. It's probably that, the fact that I'm an asian male might hurt me too, and my extracurrics weren't spectacular..

UCLA and Cal decisions on the 27th.. *crosses fingers*

community college for you.

in other news:

parsons extended their acceptance deadline until may 1. now I have more time to get accepted to other schools and make my decision.

i finished grading your responses

was this sarcasm?

since you got into UCI already, it was most likely sarcasm (albeit crudely executed). (-10)

a more serious error was even bothering to respond to mr calvin oscar in the first place (-20)

final grade: 70

no wonder you didn't get into UCSD