College Acceptance Letters

Mr Calvin Oscar

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to knock, but so many unture things in this post. I can only speak from art school expereience, but my parents dont roll deep, and I couldn't get shit from anyone except for measly "scholarships" that are about $3500 a semester, and I have several friends in the same situation.

and not to be somekind of martyr, but prospesctive jobs don't mean shit to art majors: you're gonna work in retail.

what the fuck else do you expect?

deferred from middlebury...will hear from hopkins, W&L, trinity, URichmond and F&M on april 1

nigga

don't go to middlebury

vermont sucks unless you are into winter sports

is it possible for after a 2 year stay at a junior college, and doing superb, can you move onto privates and ivy leagues?

(just a thought)

Yes, absolutely. At least 1/2 of the transfers that I met at Standfurd did this.

Got into Georgia Tech and University of Georgia, honors college at each. I only applied to these two, instate schools, keeping in mind that I don't want myself or parents to be in debt as I attempt to further my education. Georgia Tech is a hell of a bargain anyways -- Ranked #7 among public universities nationwide and is named #5 overall (public and private) for engineering.

Going to 'Tech for engineering, currently undecided.

im a lazy ass and only applied to two.

Fashion Institute of Technology and Florida State University.

wooo! go me.

i got into stanford, columbia, umich, northwestern, williams, and wesleyan....

...when I was 18 :(

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerdd

i applied as undeclared, so i got into GSP

consider your options once you hear from everywhere but gsp is a good time. it's low stress, the writing class is a million times better than writing the essay, and you can go out 7 nights a week without having to worry about fucking up in school.

Got into Georgia Tech and University of Georgia, honors college at each. I only applied to these two, instate schools, keeping in mind that I don't want myself or parents to be in debt as I attempt to further my education. Georgia Tech is a hell of a bargain anyways -- Ranked #7 among public universities nationwide and is named #5 overall (public and private) for engineering.

Going to 'Tech for engineering, currently undecided.

My buddies at Gtech were getting RAPED by their classes.

Like, they always said it was nearly impossible to get even A-s.

It's a nerdy bro-fest with no girls. At least, you can eat wingnuts and varsity everyday (10).

No love for THE super-rich private school in decatur/atlanta?

im a lazy ass and only applied to two.

Fashion Institute of Technology and Florida State University.

wooo! go me.

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerdd

FSU has an assload of super hot corny white chicks.

i got into all uc's and columbia engineering. didnt even apply yet was offered scholarships to usc and harvey mudd. currently a first year at ucla

i'm confused by this:

columbia >>>>> ucla

uc berkeley >>>>> ucla

harvey mudd >>>> ucla

why ucla?

so i got my official acceptance letter to Lesley, now just waiting on three others...

is lesley even a legit school compared to bard and the other schools you applied to? i've lived by the "campus" in cambridge and i didn't even think it much of a school at all.

is lesley even a legit school compared to bard and the other schools you applied to? i've lived by the "campus" in cambridge and i didn't even think it much of a school at all.

its a very legit school, they're a university now, they're just small. i think about ~1400 kids, so it just seems a bit so-so on the scale of things. in honesty, i really like it, but it was my safety and i got into my second choice already (Wagner), so it was really only a back up if i didn't get into Wagner or Emerson (so i could be in the greater Boston area)

Bard is sorta last on my list cause im not much of a hippie.

i'm confused by this:

columbia >>>>> ucla

uc berkeley >>>>> ucla

harvey mudd >>>> ucla

why ucla?

UCLA is probably 1/4 of the cost of all of those combined. And a great undergrad as well...

its a very legit school, they're a university now, they're just small. i think about ~1400 kids, so it just seems a bit so-so on the scale of things. in honesty, i really like it, but it was my safety and i got into my second choice already (Wagner), so it was really only a back up if i didn't get into Wagner or Emerson (so i could be in the greater Boston area)

isn't Lesly a girls school? now the question is, is Wagner a legit school? i never even heard of it until you said you got in..

Honestly, there are times when I totally thought I should have picked LA, but I can honestly say that the abundance of clothes/weed in Norcal make life pretty sweet. The Easy Bay definitely doesn't have shopping on par with LA, but it's pretty easy to find stuff if you put in the extra leg work.

Also, Sufu-class dressers command some real respect up here. I mean, it'd be tough duking it out with other folks down in LA when so much shopping is close at hand.

In summary, marijuana + clothes = YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, SON.

got my letter of acceptance from Wagner last week, and i got an e-mail from lesley university about joining a facebook group for accepted students, but no official letter from them. i assume i'm in there. just waiting on Emerson, Skidmore and Bard now.

if you got into wagner, you should be fine getting into emerson. I had a couple friends that went to wagner, and they got into both schools. Wagner just loves to give out $25,000 tuba scholarships apparently, which influenced their decisions. I go to school a block from emerson, it seems nice

what are you going for? the guy that does ESEF denim's girl goes to lesley, I guess you get to use Art Institute's faclities if you're going for photo or art or something, which is nice as they have a ton of gear and decent darkrooms I've heard.

emerson or wagner over bard is kind of strange unless you're an actor or something.

i know, and an assload of keg standin' beer poundin' guy sodomizin' abercrombie cargo shorts wearin' corny white brosefs.

no thank you. hope i end up in ny.

you've gotta be kidding me. if you dont like the abercromie kids, dont hang out with them. having all those hot chicks on campus is definately worth having to be around abercrombie meatheads