Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

@TooAwesome: I actually love his fades at 21 months, although there isn't that super strong contrasty fade, the fades at 21 months look amazing. To get any pair of raw denim to that point takes an considerable amount of time. I'm sure if you saw them in real life you would fall in love with them.

Naked & Famous X Big John Collabs! I seriously love these jeans. I'm about to order another pair to keep on ice for when these bite the dust, but I also have a new pair of ROY Narrows 04 to wear.

Ive lost count of the amount of time wearing these cause ive just enjoyed wearing them, and summer was too hot to wear every day. I'm guna say about a full year of wear with some shorts, elephant 2's, and roys mixed in. Got them new on 6/28/2011

Just some phone pics right now but I'm trying to borrow a friends camera to get some serious pics of them and my RoyN04 soon.

New:

IMG_0458-1.jpg

IMG_0458-1.jpg

IMG_0473-1.jpg

Now: (taken at my bike shop earlier today)

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

Comments?

Edited by Pizza_Dough

i dont understand lol you should wear them till theyre at their peak fade and then maybe wear them less so you can preserve it in the nice fade status. dont overdo it like joshyles pair, imo they looked best around their 9-16 month transition (closer to the 9) but at the 21 month theres too much indigo loss throughout (probably a drastic change from his wash). i understand that hes in the heavyweight 2 year competition though so he 'has to' wear them to death. i feel he couldve won already during his 9-16 month mark.

I understand your opposition, TooAwesome, but jeans are meant to be worn. Wear the jeans, don't let the jeans wear you. :D

Edited by joshyle

anyone seen a faded pair of N&F 32oz wg ? haven't seen one that's been worn.

Probably summer discouraged a lot of people from trying. I only started wearing mine on Friday, although I soaked them back around the beginning of August.

I've got the N&F x Momotaros (WG cut), but don't have a pair of actual Momos to compare to. From what I understand, the denim and construction is provided by Momo, so the quality should be the same.

The cut is a bit strange compared to other WGs I've tried (waist seems overly large compared to the legs), but they're pretty bullet proof. I've got a few months total wear on my mine.

How has your experience been with them? Are you satisfied with them?

I just picked up a pair of Grand Indigos by Momo and am really pleased with the construction and quality. But I am looking for another pair to diversify my collection and can't decide between the N&F x Momo collab or Oni collab.

Ny NFxONI collab is at about 75-80 wears now. stretched out perfectly and the construction/ quality is miles ahead of the standard NF stuff. It was really uncomfortable at first because of the shrink and my thighs are really big but it's fine now and can't wait to see how the fade progress over the next year. If your inseam allows for it, get the ONI collab.

I'm considering getting a second pair to rotate mine with and am torn between Flat Head BSP, Momo 0705 sp. This pair spoiled me and don't want any more regular NF or APC stuff. If NF did a 2nd run of the BiG or FH collab, I would order a pair without thinking twice.

Edited by rosarkar

I'm happy with my N&FxMomos. Don't wear them that much any more as I've lost a bit of weight, but they're solid.

Would have liked to get the ONI collab, but the inseam is a bit short for me, post soak.

I'm happy with my N&FxMomos. Don't wear them that much any more as I've lost a bit of weight, but they're solid.

Would have liked to get the ONI collab, but the inseam is a bit short for me, post soak.

I love my Momo collabs. They actually stretched out way more than people said. When I started they were super tight and now they've stretched into a comfortable slim but not skinny fit. I could probably gain 5-10 lbs and they would still look fine. Haven't washed yet. Started them at Christmas and have worn them around 4 days a week. So about 5 months of actual wear. I'm gonna wash in a few weeks.

Ny NFxONI collab is at about 75-80 wears now. stretched out perfectly and the construction/ quality is miles ahead of the standard NF stuff. It was really uncomfortable at first because of the shrink and my thighs are really big but it's fine now and can't wait to see how the fade progress over the next year. If your inseam allows for it, get the ONI collab.

Thanks for the heads up. The N&F x Oni is really what I'm leaning to, something about the way the denim looks. How much did you size down? Do you happen to know how much the waist stretched out?

Here's a fit pic of my new ele2 weirdguys in 30. Thanks for the fit advice, the 30s were definitely the right call. It took about a half hour to get them on, and another fifteen to button them (using pliers), but once I got them on I could tell that it was the right fit -tight but not constricting, and they should stretch to be perfect. Apologies for the cell phone pic.

nzhc08.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. The N&F x Oni is really what I'm leaning to, something about the way the denim looks. How much did you size down? Do you happen to know how much the waist stretched out?

I would be careful with sizing the NFxONI. I had to size up from my normal Weird Guy size. It shrank a good amount after the initial soak.

Yeah, if they're anything like the Flat Head collab I would be hesitant in sizing down. I wore those in the tub for the initial soak and thank goodness I did because I don't think I'd have ever got them back on.

the Oni collab, in my experience, didn't really shrink all that much. I wear a 29 in deep indigos with a bit of room in the waist. I e-mailed Brandon and asked about sizing on the Onis and he steered me towards the 30. After a hot soak and another hot soak of the waistband a few days l later to make sure it had shrunk as far as it was going to I lost maybe an inch. Really not as drastic as expected. I could have gotten the 29s and been just fine but I prefer the waist being slightly large (I wear a belt all the time so it doesn't make much difference) and having a little bit more room in the rest of the pants. Soaked them for the first time since the initial soak in January just a week or two ago, pretty minimal indigo loss but it softened them up nicely, got rid of the dirt and sweat from a very hot Texas summer, etc. They're starting to look really nice, should be amazing in another six months or so. I'll try to get some more pictures up sometime soon.

Yes, 1 inch of shrinkage is about right. The rise on the ONI's is super low however. My pair is starting to get kind of dirty but I don't want to clean them for a while. I've never had honeycombs stay after a wash and I think it's because I usually give in too early.

I was stupid and went TTS instead of sizing up 1. Fits fine now.

Edited by rosarkar

Who has the nerve to wear white after Labor Day, Who will dare wear white jeans anyway, Who can stand it for at least 4 months. This jerk can and will do it. My personal contest of will and determination. I call on you fine people that have Naked and Famous Reverse Fade jeans to join me. I will put up $75.00 of my own money for best faded pair. I will get someone who is in the jean pool to judge the contest. How bout it? Do you have what it take to be one of the few and the proud?

Who has the nerve to wear white after Labor Day, Who will dare wear white jeans anyway, Who can stand it for at least 4 months. This jerk can and will do it. My personal contest of will and determination. I call on you fine people that have Naked and Famous Reverse Fade jeans to join me. I will put up $75.00 of my own money for best faded pair. I will get someone who is in the jean pool to judge the contest. How bout it? Do you have what it take to be one of the few and the proud? This is a day one photo. tumblr_mapqutkPSe1qjzppxo3_1280.jpg

This is a day one photo. Shot last Saturday.

Edited by mister56

why on earth do you use 72pt font for every post?

Two reasons 1: Because I can. 2: So I don't get confused with you. Further more it is considerably less than 72pt type face, so stop asking stupid questions and exaggerating. Lets talk about Reverse Fade Denim, or whatever the hell you wear to feel unique.

Edited by mister56

My friend Daniel's beat up red weft selvedge jeans... I do like how the red weft yarns poke through at the tears! "Over a year of wear and a few washes." he says.

IMG_2515.JPG?psid=1

IMG_2516.JPG?psid=1

IMG_2517.JPG?psid=1

youre the biggest fan boy ever.. keep neggin' me and posting up in n&f threads.. maybe svarc will slap you high five in his polka dot bow tie at a karmaloop instore..