Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Went to a secondhand store today and somehow found a pair of nearly brand new broken twill indigo selvedge's in my size (They also had two other pairs in a larger size). I don't need any more pairs of jeans but they were only 15 dollars, so how could I pass it up? They fit perfectly, which is odd because my size 29 elephants fit really baggy.

snSSS.jpg

J7C45.jpg

All creases were made by me walking around today. Sorry about the webcam pictures, just moved into my dorm and left my camera at home.

Edit: uploaded same picture twice

was it buffalo? if so what other sizes did they?!?

It was buffalo! The one on mill ave. They had a size 35 broken twill, a size 31 WG black selvedge, and a pair of raw selvedge nudies in some 30's size, If my memory serves me correctly.

Edited by MDSsmith

Found something confusing about these jeans I just got. They're definitely authentic (Patch, tags, and denim quality all match what they should) but the buttons and rivets don't have the same branding marks as the other N&F jeans I've seen.

wJDkn.jpg?1

For comparison, my Ele 2's:

5Dln9.jpg?1

When we first started we used branded buttons and rivets, then we switched over to unbranded ones. Now we're back on with branded ones.

There was no rhyme or reason for this. But we're back on with the logo buttons from here on out.

A pen (blue ballpoint) exploded in my pocket on my greencast. Now there is a horrible blue splotch in what is otherwise a beautiful sea of greenish denim. Frantic cold-water splashing + paper-towel dabbing did little to the stain and created a glowing halo of indigo loss Oh well. That's the nature of the beast I guess...

I just got a pair of Low Tension for $112 from Revolve Clothing. I was wondering about them being woven with such a low tension that they might shrink more than normal. I wonder if I should warm soak them first, so if they do shrink the fades won't shift and my cuffing will stay in the same place. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

I too just picked these up and I am wondering the same thing. I also have the ONI collabs (un-sanforized), and they shrunk a good amount. I had to size up. Maybe a warm soak wearing them in the tub?....That was my plan.

I just got a pair of Low Tension for $112 from Revolve Clothing. I was wondering about them being woven with such a low tension that they might shrink more than normal. I wonder if I should warm soak them first, so if they do shrink the fades won't shift and my cuffing will stay in the same place. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Hey guys, longtime lurker, had a question about fit. I normally wear a 30 waist (actual waist size 30 inches), but when I tried on Greencast WeirdGuys last month, I couldn't even pull the 30s on because the thighs were too tight (I play hockey so I have pretty big thighs - 23 inches just standing relaxed). The 31s fit pretty tight in the thighs, but the waist wasn't tight at all (not really loose either though). I ended up buying them, and after about a month they've stretched out a bit, and I wish they were a bit tighter fitting, especially the waist which is loose now. I'm going to keep beating up on them for another 6 or 7 months, then get the waist tailored before I give them their first cold wash, but I was wondering what I should do for my next pair (probably ele2s) - if I got the 30s and wore them around the house for a few months, would the thighs eventually stretch enough to pull them on all the way, or am I stuck buying 31s and getting the waist tailored after awhile?

Those red cores must be annoying to wear, simply because of all the questions you probably get about them. I don't know about you, but if you can explain "raw denim fading", much less the concept of having a red core vs white core to the average person in under 3 minutes, you need a gold star.

Those red cores must be annoying to wear, simply because of all the questions you probably get about them. I don't know about you, but if you can explain "raw denim fading", much less the concept of having a red core vs white core to the average person in under 3 minutes, you need a gold star.

If I don't know the person I just say they fade to red instead of white, and they go oh ok. But Then if know them or they seem like they are really interested I tell them the whole dyeing process and that is more like 10min ez. But I'm into it, so no big deal.