Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Guest bambam
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy either the 21oz slim guys or the weird guys and i was wondering what size i should go for if i wear a 31 in APC rescues, i probably could pull off a 30 in the rescues. do naked and famous jeans stretch much?

you and everyone wondering about sizing: email brandon yall! the n&f e-mail is on their website. hes a good guy, hes super helpful and will get back to u real fast.

so if i wear a size 30 in APC ns

should i get a 31 or 32?

i like your fit

I would guess 32 would be right but I can throw some measurements up when I get home if you want.

you and everyone wondering about sizing: email brandon yall! the n&f e-mail is on their website. hes a good guy, hes super helpful and will get back to u real fast.

can i order the N&F denim direct by calling the N&F guys? I'm staying in Singapore and I can't find any websites that stock the Weird Guys Grey selvedge in size 29..

I just measured my size 30 greys again

waist: 33

rise:9.75

hem: 7.25

knee: 8

they stretched out about 1 size in the first hour of wear but havent stretched anymore. I would say to size down 1 from your normal size for the greys and true to size for the silks.

i just sized down two but that's for slimgirl and i want them tight

I soaked them to get rid of the starch and that is it.

From my experience the 15oz Deep Indigo denim actually does shrink after a soak, although I soaked mine after wearing them for a couple of months. They definitely shrunk past the original dimensions though.

The soak also got rid of some of the excess indigo, which was a good thing because these things are overdyed and bleed like a motherfucker - also helped to get the fades going faster. For these reasons, my recommendation IS to soak the Deep Indigo denim prior to wearing.

However, soaking them isn't going to get much of the starch out. Mine were stiff as new after the soak, if not stiffer due to the shrinkage. Felt like wrapping cardboard around my legs, and it felt awesome.

did the tightness make your knees buckle?

+1. Sorry dude, but you got some fucked up knees.

^^ a buddy of mine soaked some of his Deep indigo weird guys b4. After they dried, they had this weird starch mark near the back of the knee. he had do wash it off...

(X-Post from Denim Small Questions)

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at a pair of either the APC PS, or the Naked & Famous Skinny Guy in Natural Indigo Revival. I've tried on both in person and they fit pretty similarly, but the Skinny Guys look lighter and I'm wondering how they will fade. I've heard that Natural Indigo takes a little more to knock off, but rope dying alleviates some of this (Naked & Famous claim to do something called "long chain" dying, is this the same?) I'm also wondering if the N&F will stretch as much as APC. I'm looking for some fairly quick, defined fades, as this will be my first pair of decent raw denim. I haven't seen any faded examples up here, so even if people have predictions it would be appreciated. Another thing to keep in mind is that, since I live Canada, the APCs are $50 more. With that in mind, which should I choose? I know this is the Naked and Famous thread, so your recommendations might be a little bit biased, but I am more here to find out about the fading properties.

Thanks