Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

good fit.

^ how tall are you?

5'9". With the exception of the tagged 30, I think the cut on the Weird Guy's is whacked (going by the BiG measurements). They're too ample in the top block, giving a carrot shape. As mentioned in my post, these didn't fit like this before I soaked the top block. Even then, they will probably stretch back out to the pre-soak measurements.

5'9". With the exception of the tagged 30, I think the cut on the Weird Guy's is whacked (going by the BiG measurements). They're too ample in the top block, giving a carrot shape. As mentioned in my post, these didn't fit like this before I soaked the top block. Even then, they will probably stretch back out to the pre-soak measurements.

it's a tapered fit, so they should narrow the further down they go

That link didn't work Jay...

I have to agree with someone earlier saying these jeans are over dyed (in my case the deep indigo weird guys) but I don't expect to spend 90 bucks and get legit Japanese quality. I do think I could get some sweet jeans out of this with some good wear though. Only time will tell.

btw got some new boots in the mail today and i love the look.

but I don't expect to spend 90 bucks and get legit Japanese quality. I do think I could get some sweet jeans out of this with some good wear though.

does "legit japanese quality" mean denim that starts fading really quickly? i'm a noob so i'm just curious. i never really equated quality with how quickly the fabric should fade.

oh, as for peter parker... i found my left thigh tended to poof out a bit more than my right, and i realised it was because of where the seam on the inside (where the selvedge shows) flipped over from laying on one side to laying on another side. sorry if this is confusing lol. basically the selvedge bits lie on top of one another in one direction from the top of the pant (they're sewn down that way) and then they flip to lie on the opposite side as it does down the leg. my right leg had it flipping at about where the knees are, but my left side flipped in the middle of the thigh. where it flips it sticks out perpendicularly to the jean so it was actually "pushing" or "holding up" the jean off of my thigh, and was making it a bit poofy looking. i assume because on my right leg it flipped where the knees were the "poofiness" isn't noticeable with all the folds in the knee. i just took an iron to the selvedge inside the left thigh and made the it turn a little lower down the leg and now it's good and fits like my right thigh does.

and i don't think the top block is too much. i take that as just part of the intended style of the cut. the more i wear them the better they are fitting... love it.

oh yeah and PS. rwrobinson88... i'm so jealous you got yours for 90$. I had to pay full price (150$) for mine!

does "legit japanese quality" mean denim that starts fading really quickly? i'm a noob so i'm just curious. i never really equated quality with how quickly the fabric should fade.

Sometimes they will fade faster. Like Flat Heads your supposed to see vertical fading in 20 wears (according to selfedge). There is definitely a difference in quality in the denim. Just the dying process and the thought in all honesty. I owed a pair of Dry Bones and they were nice and faded really well...washed them shrank to much...can't wear them. (which reminds me i was thinking about selling them for like 40 bucks) But without a doubt there actually is quite a bit of a difference in quality but you pay to get. I mean also some good Japanese usually doesn't come from Canada (Not that it couldn't) If this is your first pair then i would say you got a good first pair but if you like this whole deal then check out some stuff on selfedge and BIG. Only reason i'm wearing these is because i did get them for 90 bucks. Got lucky.

I was in Chicago not even shopping for me and i came across them at barneys going out so i couldn't decline.

I also have a pair of Jean Shops that are really nice and coming along well.

one more thing if anyone is interested in some Dry Bones Red D Slim's for 40 bucks shipped (US) hit me up...i'll take pictures...about 3 months of wear and a wash...some fading started but still has a lot left.

That link didn't work Jay...

I have to agree with someone earlier saying these jeans are over dyed (in my case the deep indigo weird guys) but I don't expect to spend 90 bucks and get legit Japanese quality. I do think I could get some sweet jeans out of this with some good wear though. Only time will tell.

btw got some new boots in the mail today and i love the look.

isn't the point of buying raw the fact they're "over dyed" as opposed to washed? the deeper the dye the more noticeable the wear will be when you eventually wash them out, it just means you'll likely have to wear them a while longer than normal, i'm aiming for 6 months personally

what's legit japanese quality? they purchase all their denim material from japan, unless you know where they and everyone else purchases their material you can't really say what's legit. all i know is that the stuff N&F uses is tough as hell

well seeing as how i'm a starving artist this jean was a present for myself lol. i don't ever plan on spending too much on denim (or anything else, really) so while these may be a gateway jean for denimheads and most people on sufu they're about as much as i'm willing to shell out for a pair of jeans. they seem like they're good and tough anyway. i don't skate or do anything in my jeans that would wear them down too badly.

Guest DCDenim
isn't the point of buying raw the fact they're "over dyed" as opposed to washed? the deeper the dye the more noticeable the wear will be when you eventually wash them out, it just means you'll likely have to wear them a while longer than normal, i'm aiming for 6 months personally

what's legit japanese quality? they purchase all their denim material from japan, unless you know where they and everyone else purchases their material you can't really say what's legit. all i know is that the stuff N&F uses is tough as hell

oh, thanks for clearing that up. Doesn't GAP use 'legit' Japanese Selvedge denim for their $90 jeans? We all know how great those jeans are..

oh, thanks for clearing that up. Doesn't GAP use 'legit' Japanese Selvedge denim for their $90 jeans? We all know how great those jeans are..

what's your point then? how can you say who buys what then if you have no idea from where or from who any of these companies are buying their material off of?

just because you don't listen to other people doesn't mean anyone's going to listen to you

their website's been updated. make sure you go to this link http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/?page_id=50 to see the skinny ties that aren't in the drop-downs.

of the new stuff i think the greencast selvedge is the coolest.

also the photos of the new skinnyguys (indigo with black weft and natural revival) don't do them justice at all. they look way more spectacular in real life. i NEED to resist buying a pair of the revival ones... don't have the money...!!!

I'm not going to argue but i will say they can have to much indigo from the dying process and take forever to fade and other things because of it. Also it would be completely and totally ignorant to say the japanese denim on a pair of N&F vs a pair of Flat Heads or Sugarcanes or another Japanese denim company has the same quality of denim that would just be foolish. If you disagree that's fine but i would say that's just ignorance when it comes to this.

btw wearing a pair of 6 months isn't a long time...