Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

I'm not going to argue but i will say they can have to much indigo from the dying process and take forever to fade and other things because of it. Also it would be completely and totally ignorant to say the japanese denim on a pair of N&F vs a pair of Flat Heads or Sugarcanes or another Japanese denim company has the same quality of denim that would just be foolish. If you disagree that's fine but i would say that's just ignorance when it comes to this.

btw wearing a pair of 6 months isn't a long time...

yeah i'm just saying facts prove points, and no one has either

6 months wearing everyday is significant though

yeah i'm just saying facts prove points, and no one has either

6 months wearing everyday is significant though

I think there are plenty of facts that the denim quality is definitely different. You get facts when you have hands on use and i've had hands on use and it's without a doubt different. But i mean if you want to say n&f is as good as sami's or something of that quality without knowing a ton of facts well that's fine. But i think there is probably a reason they don't have all the facts out on these like they do on the real quality stuff...but we will agree to disagree.

apparently brandon won't divulge the name of the mill he's using. you can take that for what it's worth.

regardless, the stuff he's coming out with is great. it's good quality, and the washes are unique--which is what his brand mission is all about.

oh yeah PS tried on the new natural indigo revival at holts in toronto. it's a BUTTON FLY what what!! that's major brownie points in my book. anyway, i wear a 30 in the black stretch skinnyguys but i couldn't do up all the buttons on this revival model (maybe because there's no elastane in it?). but i had no money anyway so i didn't bother trying on a 31. the jean looks killer though.

I really enjoy mine but like i've said before to say these are as good of quality as Flat Head's or Sami's imo would just be ignorant.

I don't think jaychiz or anyone is claiming that the denim N&F uses is the same quality as premium Japanese denim. Just let it drop already.

Yes, the Deep Indigo denim is overdyed (i.e. it bleeds indigo excessively) but I don't think it's an indication of the quality of the denim (it may have been overdyed intentionally). Honestly, I wish I had soaked mine from the start to get some of the indigo out. Even after 3 months of solid wear, there was still a fair amount of indigo loss when I soaked my top block, with no real noticeable loss of indigo on the denim itself (i.e. water was blue, but barely noticeable difference between soaked and unsoaked area).

I ironed out the selvage outseam on my Weird Guys so it lies flat, as opposed to folded together on one side (what they were like when I bought them). This seems to have reduced the hip flare.

As for the fit of my top-block-soaked Weird Guys, there hasn't been much noticeable stretching since the soak. I'll update if they do, but for now I am sold on the fit of my Weird Guys.

i bought the lightweight indigo selvedge weird guys for 165$CAN. Im wondering if i should return them and wait for the deep indigo or indigo selvedge to come in. This denim feels damn light and is no where near as stiff as any other raw denim. I dont think they will fade at all even compared to my mules, however they might make a good summer jean.

they're probably released for the very fact that it'll be summer soon.

lots of places have the indigo selvedge (sydney's, holt's, over the rainbow.. all in toronto) but the deep indigo is all gone except for some places online, and only in a 31 and a 33 (that i've seen anyway). you'd have to wait a bit if they are indeed coming back. i think they were pretty popular.

the green selvedge is going to be around the same weight as the deep indigo, which is stiff like cardboard. it's not really something to wear in the summer...

and it sounds like you're annoyed by the fact that the denim on the lightweight selvedge is so "damn light"... i guess that's why it's called lightweight selvedge :P heheh

I'm trying to decide between APC New Standards (sized down 2 or 3) or Naked and Famous Weird Guy Deep Indigo Selvage or Naked and Famous Weird Guy Natural Indigo Organic Selvage.

I don't know if the naked and famous denim is better for the price?

I'm looking for some fit pics and sizing advice. Also, if anyone is any pictures of worn in naked and famous jeans that would be great.

Cheers!

^ there aren't many faded N&F jeans shown here.. i don't think a lot of people have worn them in.

you'll pay more for APC but you get them knowing that they fade well. it's a bit more of a gamble with N&F but they are cheaper, and you get a lot more choice when it comes to the washes and fabrics.

i was trying to decide between new standards and the deep indigo weirdguys as well when i was looking for a pair of raw jeans. i ended up picking the weirdguys because of the lower rise (which i find hard to find) and heavier denim.

be forewarned though, the natural indigo weirdguy (and the regular indigo) is a 12oz while the deep indigo is 15oz. i believe the APC is either 12 or 14oz.

sizing wise.. from my experience (i have the black stretch skinnyguys and the deep indigo weirdguys) they don't really stretch out. although i have heard differently from other people on this board. i usually wear 30's in bottoms (levis, for example) and i bought 30's in N&F and they are great.

what kind of boots are those?

Justin Work Boots. I love them. They are so comfortable and very good quality. Got them for 68 bucks shipped from sears. I work there. Normally 90 bucks. I was going to put the link up from sears.com but the site is on maintenance but you can go to www.justinworkboots.com and they are style: WK908

encourage these if your looking for a solid pair of boots.

Justin Work Boots. I love them. They are so comfortable and very good quality. Got them for 68 bucks shipped from sears. I work there. Normally 90 bucks. I was going to put the link up from sears.com but the site is on maintenance but you can go to www.justinworkboots.com and they are style: WK908

i like how the sole doesn't look like a work boot, more casual, even crepe sole

i like how the sole doesn't look like a work boot, more casual, even crepe sole

For the idiot that negged me and to anyone else who is confused (really dont understand whats so hard here),

As you can see from the pic provided below, the apc ns and nc are both tapered, it is just that the nc is slimmer than the ns.

Also you can see that the slimguy more of a straight leg fit, as there is no taper from the knee down.

From these measurements, WEIRD GUY IS MOST SIMILAR TO NS.

Hope this clears things up.

chart1.jpg

^ Well the thing is that these jeans are so heavily dyed. Plus not very many people have been wearing these jeans for 6+ months or whatever.

@ mmm, better get a camera and keep us updated yo! I'm probably going to pick up a pair myself in a couple of weeks.

don't know if this will be any help but i wear a 30 in the stretch skinnyguys but i couldn't do up the top button on the revival selvedge.. and was too lazy to try on a 31. but i'm sure it would've fit.

i'm guessing that's because the 30's have stretch and the 31's are stiff as hell

i'm guessing that's because the 30's have stretch and the 31's are stiff as hell

they're not stiff. i think they're 12oz or so, but they're not stiff.

i think the 30's i have in the black stretch actually have a bigger waist. i think it's just inconsistencies. the stretch would not make the difference in waist measurement between the two jeans.

do the measurements match up to the ones on BiG?

i saw on another forum some guy said his didnt match BiG's measurements

I have size 30's that I soaked because the silk skinny guys that I had bled for months without soaking. The greys didnt lose any colour from soaking and I only wore them for 1 day but the measurements are as follows:

waist: 33

rise:9.75

hem: 7.25

knee: 8.25

I wouldnt be surprised if the waist stretched out a bit more. They were real tight when I first got them but after wearing for a day fit well.