Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

height and weight? what size are those? mind posting a better fit pic? they look dopefresh from what I can see.

I ordered black powa skinnies in 28 for xmas I'll post pictures maybe in a couple weeks.

5' 7"- 5'8" and about 140 lbs size 29. ill try to post more pictures soon

• 2 weeks later...
yea one of the naked and famous denim is $777 it is ridiculous

I saw the limted denim this weekend at the SF Barneys. There are only 37 pairs in existence world wide. They are a hank-dyed natural indigo denim from Japan. They looked and felt really nice, with a heavy slubby texture. Probably about 19oz. Unfortunatley, I have seen the Oni Shoai's as well, and for the big money I would take them instead.

If I can make it down there after work this week, I will snap some photos of these.

hey guys, i was wearing mine for awhile now, it stretched quite a lot, i got some pretty good fades coming in and i was wondering if i should give it a quick soak in hot water to shrink it. or should i just wear it for another month or two?

I would say keep wearing them for a little while but do what you want. Throw some pics up man.

The LE weird guy seems to use the same denim as the high-end Rampuya/Momotaro stuff, and the price seems roughly in line with that. A lot of the detailing on the LE N&F's is also different than their regular models. Construction is closer to most Japanese denim companies. Hidden rivets, different hardware, chainstitched hems, etc. It even has a croc skin patch and comes in a special box with a laminated info sheet explaining the process of hank dyeing.

FWIW, I picked up a pair of the 'skinny guy' jeans in the black raw denim at a sale here in chicago. At 40% off, they seem like a good deal, though the lack of a felled inseam is a bit odd. The women's version does have a felled inseam.

The sizing on mine is MUCH different than what is posted on the BIG site. The smallest size they had in men's was a tagged 30, which fit well enough in the waist... not too snug, but definitely smaller than I was expecting. After wearing them around the house for a few days, I measured the waist out of curiosity and they're actually 14.5" laid flat (so around 29"). They're certainly nowhere near the 32" listed in the BIG size chart. Not sure if this is just an odd pair or what, but there you go.

FWIW, I picked up a pair of the 'skinny guy' jeans in the black raw denim at a sale here in chicago. At 40% off, they seem like a good deal, though the lack of a felled inseam is a bit odd. The women's version does have a felled inseam.

The sizing on mine is MUCH different than what is posted on the BIG site. The smallest size they had in men's was a tagged 30, which fit well enough in the waist... not too snug, but definitely smaller than I was expecting. After wearing them around the house for a few days, I measured the waist out of curiosity and they're actually 14.5" laid flat (so around 29"). They're certainly nowhere near the 32" listed in the BIG size chart. Not sure if this is just an odd pair or what, but there you go.

40% off? wtf we never get sales like that here in vancouver, where did you buy them from?

never heard of FAB, i'm guessing they were boxing day sales or something

i guess i should just wait it out then, and keep rocking my vintage blue weird guys

it costs $30 to ship to canada through farinellis

off topic but i'm thinking about trading or selling my silk 31's, worn 3 times, looking for something more rigid in black or indigo

At barneys (the main one) yesterday they had a N&F display which included a sign touting a run of N&F jeans made of hank-dyed natural indigo from japan, limited to 37 pairs. I didnt check price, but the denim was wicked nice-looking.

Cant wait to see if they show up at the warehouse sale in a month, heh

I actually had a chance to speak to one of the guys at N&F at the capsule show about that run, I'll have more information later today

I bought a pair of weird guys from BiG and one of my buttons fell off. I hammered it back in but it doesn't seem to be staying anymore. Recently, they have started to come off when I unbutton them. I could pop it back into place but I'm I afraid it would get lost one day if I didn't notice it coming off. Should I contact Naked and Famous or BiG? I live in New York so it would be easier to go to BiG.

As promised:

It was already mentioned that this jean is hank (or hand)-dyed, hand dipped in natural Japanese indigo. I highly recommend the article recently posted about this art, makes for a very informative read. The model (I think this is what I'm meant to understand from my notes) has a special Japanese name: Tokoshima prefecture intangible treasure. If that's not the name of the jean, it has something to do with its location of production / production process)

The dyeing process used on this jean is the same used for dyeing kimonos--who knew?

There were, reportedly, only 37 pairs of the jean made, each retailing at $777. My source was sure to inform me that, on its first day at Barneys, four pairs of the model were sold...

If anyone's interested, I was also told the production number is 01773, not sure if that's in any way useful...that's all for now...

I bought a pair of weird guys from BiG and one of my buttons fell off. I hammered it back in but it doesn't seem to be staying anymore. Recently, they have started to come off when I unbutton them. I could pop it back into place but I'm I afraid it would get lost one day if I didn't notice it coming off. Should I contact Naked and Famous or BiG? I live in New York so it would be easier to go to BiG.

im having the same problem with the top botton

I just picked up a pair of "Skinny Girl" from Aritzia - never knew they carried raw denim, but they're having a pretty ridiculous sale over there for lots of brands.

I think this cut was made exclusively for Aritzia, but I'm really liking the colour and the quality on them. Got them for a steal $40 from $140! Has anyone else had any pick ups from there?