Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Still no fit pix yet but a few observations:

1) Stretches tons, which seems surprising for this kind of denim.

2) Bleeds like a motherfucker. I wear a tucked-in t under everything and in the past three days I've been wearing them, every shirt has a black ring around where the waistband is from bleeding indigo. I didnt soak because they were so tight at first. I'm gonna have to buy a bunch of crappy white ts to avoid getting dye on my faves

3) Actually seem to get wear pretty fast. 3 days is hardly enough time to really judge but as compared to my oni shoai which has similarly woven material, after three days this already are showing some signs...

I wouldn't suggest sizing down too too much because of the zip fly. I unfortunately didnt take measurements when I first got them so I can't tell you anything except anecdotes - when I first got them I couldn't do up the fly and they were WAY tight. A few more weeks and I think they'll be very comfy. Already I can zip them easily.

Naked and Famous is sold at American Rag World Denim Bar both Girls and Guys fits. Personally, I am not impressed by the denim, it's so so. I do, on the other hand, think the "weird guy" low-rise fit is pretty nice.

Just got these today for $115CDN.

They are a size 33. Maybe shoulda sized down one in the waist cause there is a bit of room. However the legs are pretty snug around my thighs. As long as they don't stretch out like APC's I should be fine.

Overall the denim is pretty decent and the fit very good and for 115dollars you can't really complain. Plus it is a nice change to have raw denim that is not dark blue.

Front

DSC01824.jpg

Side

DSC01825.jpg

• 1 month later...

i tried on the big slub and i have to say i really liked the cut. also the denim was great. seriously great. my only gripes were a) the selvedge coin pocket which some don't really mind but i find a bit tacky, and B) the inseam isn't stitched down, ie. it's just like the outseam but not selvedge and not pressed open. it made the inseam look a little messy and seems like it would get irritating or chafe, especially with how heavy and starchy the denim is. nevertheless, great deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's a bit early, but does anyone know how these fade?

I was looking at these wicked teal pair of weird guys selvage from dutil in van, but i'm skeptical on how they're going to turn out.

Or for any wash for that matters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a pair of WeirdGuy 30 at Barneys Boston. 135$. Stock on all sizes but only wierdGuy indigo.

I'm really impressed with the line and the quality of the WGs i bought.They definitely give APC a run for their money, from what i see the build quality and materials are superior.. I'll be putting these to the test though, so we'll see.

Nice to see a denim company with the right state of mind from my Hometown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i recently dropped by a store called Sydney in DT Toronto to get my APC hemmed. I tried on the 21 oz denim I think. Or perhaps it could be the 18 oz but they are wayyyy wayyyy wayyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyy thicker than my APC NS. Anyway, I tried on size 31 The fit is similar to my APC NS (sized down two to 31) when worn in. They are more like fitted jeans. I personally like the fit, but a little tapering would look nice.

• 2 weeks later...

^ plenty of "high quality" companies (such as Flat Head and Skull) use zipper fly's, so I don't think zippers are, by nature, low-quality... but I also don't know what kind of zippers N&F uses. And yeah, buttons will probably be safer in general.