Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

soaking once won't remove a lot of starch plus you can always spray some starch on them later in the lap/knee area to help you get back the creases/stiffness. If anything soaking them and squating will set in some mad creases which will help you achieve fading in the long run.

I recommend soaking them for sure.

starch spraying=LAME, I'm sorry, no one with great jeans sprays starch. Spray on starch lasts for a couple days maybe. If you are going to wear jeans for a long time, let your legs do the work.

@ Somnus, I'm absolutely sure about my true waist. I just got fitted for a tuxedo and that's what they measured my waist at (right below the navel)

The only thing that I can think of is that I should have measured more from where they go around my hips because they're a low rise jean.

Next time I order anything offline I'm just going to go off my favorite pair of jeans minus stretch. That's what the BiG site recommends anyway.

Yeah, you should've measured around wherever you want your jeans..I wear mine about 2-2.5 inches below my navel and that adds about 1/2 - 1 inch to my real true waist.

Measuring flat across the waist of a good fitting pair of jeans is definitely the best bet though.

Hey guys, I emailed N&F like I said, told them what was up.

I got two replies from Brandon Svarc, I was happy with how he handled everything. He said he would repair the jeans if I sent them to him.

I asked him if I could exchange for a size bigger, and he said he really couldn't trade them for a bigger pair. He said "We stand behind our product, but choosing the right size is up to you." Which I can understand.

I'll take it as a lesson this time. They're fine really, as long as they don't rip again, they're starting to stretch out more.

He said he'd even repair them a few months from now if they ripped.

Overall, I'm really happy with the N&F's customer service.

Guest bambam
Hey guys, I emailed N&F like I said, told them what was up.

I got two replies from Brandon Svarc, I was happy with how he handled everything. He said he would repair the jeans if I sent them to him.

I asked him if I could exchange for a size bigger, and he said he really couldn't trade them for a bigger pair. He said "We stand behind our product, but choosing the right size is up to you." Which I can understand.

I'll take it as a lesson this time. They're fine really, as long as they don't rip again, they're starting to stretch out more.

He said he'd even repair them a few months from now if they ripped.

Overall, I'm really happy with the N&F's customer service.

yea brandons such a good guy, i emailed him about sizing before i cop my first pair and i just thought 'goddamn so helpful'

I got my Weird Guy 21oz BIG Special Ed. today in the mail. First impressions are: wow, this denim is thick and stiff. Typical ( from what I've read about N&F jeans) overdyed, my hands were blue just from putting them on. I am a 32 (6ft, 160-170) waist in everything so I wear a 32 in Julian Red, 30 in APC so I got a 30 in these. Getting them on was fine, doing the buttons up was a little trickier but this is mainly due to the thickness and stiffness of the denim. As well, the buttons are spaced very close to each other. The top button is very flimsy. Overall happy with the fit. Excuse the crappy pics.

img83192666.jpgimg83162665.jpg

kromophobic those are a great fit on you.

i remember how hard it was to do up the buttons when i first got my 15oz WeirdGuys (esp the lowest one on the fly).. so i can only imagine how the 21oz would be LOL.. they'll ease up though.

have fun breaking them in!!

Thanks. I was worried after I read that the Weird Guys did not fit great on guys with big(er) thighs. I guess my thighs aren't as big as I thought haha. They actually fit similarly to my APCs when I first got them( they've stretched and shrank since). As for the summer, I'll try to get the most out of them for as long as possible...

Guest bambam

happened to 1 or 2 dus in this thread iirc. email brandon im pretty sure you can get a repair or replacement pack of buttons or something

I just tried some of these on at a local boutique that started carrying N&F. WOW, I was really impressed. I tried both the slim guy and the weird guy.

I know there was a big debate earlier in the thread about which one was closer to new standards vs new cures. My 2 cents, the weird guy is more like new cure, slim guy is more like new standard.

I wish I had some fit pics for you guys. (I will once I decide which pair to eventually buy) Anyways, I'm not a small guy by any means. 6'1", 170 pounds. Anyway, the size 32 was perfect in the slim guys. The 33 was a tad too large in the weird guys, they didn't have a 32 :( . The weird guys were definitely a much slimmer cut. I think they really were snug against most of my legs, but they don't appear "skin tight".

The quality looked pretty good. I didn't subject them to any abuse. But they seemed pretty solid from what I saw. So, if there is anyone out there wondering if these are worth trying, I highly recommend you do, at least before knocking them down as "inferior". Of course they don't have a lot of the fancy subtleties you would expect from $300 denim, but for $120 I think these are a much better buy than nudies. Not saying they aren't good, or perhaps better for some people. But N&F really makes great jeans for a great price.

@SCDL It happened to me too. I'd bet that next season's won't have this problem.

I'm going to get the BiG special ones and size up a size from the 29's.

Also, I emailed Brandon about shipping them back for a repair for a couple things, haven't heard back yet, maybe I emailed to the wrong address.

Here is my button issue, I tried reinforcing the hole with some thread:

img83432859.jpg

And here is progress after about a week and a half of mostly evening and weekend wear ( can't wear them to work). There isn't much going on in the front yet, and these have stretched out to about a 33 so far. The color coming through so far is an electric blue, which on the back here turned to almost white pretty quickly...

img83422858.jpg

Here is my button issue, I tried reinforcing the hole with some thread:

And here is progress after about a week and a half of mostly evening and weekend wear ( can't wear them to work). There isn't much going on in the front yet, and these have stretched out to about a 33 so far. The color coming through so far is an electric blue, which on the back here turned to almost white pretty quickly...

What size you bought? Do you have a fit pic? Looks like these will fade pretty nicely.

^ WTF lol i have been wearing my deep indigos for like 3 months straight everyday and i am at about the same place you are lol

oh well, i'm not really looking for fast fades in particular anyway.

all those fades are just from sitting a lot, i've got the same thing with mine just by wearing them to work and sitting down at my desk numerous times a day

Naked & Famous Weird Guy

Size 31

This is my first pair of raw denim and I bought it back in December. I tore my ankle ligament so i couldn't wear them for a month so about 5 months of wear. No washes/rinses

I want to get a pair of APC's but I want a looser fit at the thigh part. Just a more consistent fit if that's the right word to use. What cut and size would you guys suggest?

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg