Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

It's funny...I *just* saw these this morning! I was over at my sewing contractors checking on my own production when I noticed the Naked & Famous sample out of the corner of my eye; they just picked up the N&F account.

Anyway, that leather patch is *insanely* thick, as is the 24 oz. denim fabric! It's an acquired taste I suppose (too much for me). It seems as though wearing jeans that thick and stiff would be uncomfortable. I'm interested in seeing someone break in a pair though!

The denim in that picture looks similar to what the 21oz BIG special denim. I'll see how mine turn out but so far they seem to be fading pretty quickly... Could be a good or bad thing depending on how you like your denim...Either way it's taking forever to break these bad boys in, the denim is still super stiff after almost a month of wear...

Been a month and I'll be wearing these less and less as they are ridiculous in even the slightest heat. Worn almost everyday or evening for a month( couldn't wear them to work for awhile). The back is progressing nicely but the front is slow... Another thing is that despite being 21oz, these are actually wearing quite quickly. This might be due to the thickness which causes them to 'stick out' more when I sit?img91114738.jpg

img91084735.jpg

img91164743.jpg

img91154742.jpg

they have stretched quite a bit and are almost comfortable, but that might also be due to the stiffness... Tagged 30 now measure 34 in the waist. What's weird is that I just measured the thigh and knee and they measure the same as the BIG measurements but I swear they've stretched just enough to be comfy without losing their shape...

x-post from denim small ?s thread -

hey i need some help deciding what size to get for Naked & Famous Weird Guy in indigo. my true waist is in between a 31 and a 32. they are vanity sized so i know to go down 2 sizes but do i then go down another one from there to account for stretching?

i guess i am just saying should i get a size 29 or a 30? because i am probably closer to a 32 true waist. i wear a 32 in levi's if that helps too

My waist is a 33 and i went down to a 32 in the wierd guys and they fit great. I couldnt get the 31 over my thighs. With the slim guy i went down to a 32 as well, with the same thigh/hip issue. So I would say go down one, two if you want a tight fit.

they fixed the buttons.... the newer ones are smother and have a thicker backing.

nf_rvvl_fly.jpg

the ones with the naked and famous logo are old, and pop off easier.

NF_WDGUY_NATIND_FLY_WEB.jpg

they've been pretty good about repairing the faulty buttons though. i got one myself tbh.... not so impressed but hoping for the best from these guys. they still probably have the nicest denim for the cheapest price

• 2 weeks later...