Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Guest DCDenim

nf_21ozbig_patch_web.jpg

hah, I guess BiG isn't a fan of N&F's 'vision' either.

Good for them, maybe their limited edition BiG models will actually sell well, maybe I'll even pick one up.

Hi SuperFuture, I'm new here. I've been lurking a little while. Great wealth of knowledge, and if any of you are like me, it's probably hard letting some of your knowledge go - it's like you wanna hoard all of it for yourself :P

But if you all would be kind enough, I have a question that someone might be able to answer.

I have a pair of Weird Guy Deep Indigo Selvage, which I bought from BiG. According to their measurement guide, a tagged 29 is 31 around the waist. My true waist is 31. Plus I knew that most Dry Denim Stretches with wear. So that's what I based my size off of.

I got them, and they were hellaaaa tight. I had abrasions on my hips from the waist and blisters on my fingers from the buttons. But I figured, heck, a lot of people go through this initial discomfort and the jeans eventually stretch to perfection.

Well the legs still fit great, but about a week into wearing them, the seam where the button fly tape is just ripped about an inch.

I sewed them back up with extra strong stiches, but I'm still pissed.

I got a hold of BiG, and I asked them if I could return the jeans, but they said they couldn't if they've been worn (because they can't resell them)

I didn't really explain my whole story, so I can't blame BiG.

So I emailed Naked and Famous and am waiting for a reply.

So now I'm trying to wear the jeans some more, but they are very uncomfortable in the top block. The waist is a bit more stretched out to the point of being bearable, but the rest of the top block is just TOO tight.

So, SuFu, will these stretch out even more, or should I just try to sell them somehow, at a loss, and size up one?

^^ my friend also had some weird guys ( deep indigo) that had that same problem. i helped him bring it into an alterations shop, where they repaired the ripped seams. my friend has been wearing them for a little bit now apprx a month, and they stretched about 1-1.5 inches in the waist. .the thighs are a little tight though ( apprx .5-.75 stretch). I suggest if they aren't what you want in a jean, sell them for a loss and size up.

Drakey, they should be fine given some time. BiG will do free repairs so long as you provide shipping, so you should consider that if you run into a big problem. My NF black selvage needed 2 weeks to stretch comfortably

Guest DCDenim
Hi SuperFuture, I'm new here. I've been lurking a little while. Great wealth of knowledge, and if any of you are like me, it's probably hard letting some of your knowledge go - it's like you wanna hoard all of it for yourself :P

But if you all would be kind enough, I have a question that someone might be able to answer.

I have a pair of Weird Guy Deep Indigo Selvage, which I bought from BiG. According to their measurement guide, a tagged 29 is 31 around the waist. My true waist is 31. Plus I knew that most Dry Denim Stretches with wear. So that's what I based my size off of.

I got them, and they were hellaaaa tight. I had abrasions on my hips from the waist and blisters on my fingers from the buttons. But I figured, heck, a lot of people go through this initial discomfort and the jeans eventually stretch to perfection.

Well the legs still fit great, but about a week into wearing them, the seam where the button fly tape is just ripped about an inch.

I sewed them back up with extra strong stiches, but I'm still pissed.

I got a hold of BiG, and I asked them if I could return the jeans, but they said they couldn't if they've been worn (because they can't resell them)

I didn't really explain my whole story, so I can't blame BiG.

So I emailed Naked and Famous and am waiting for a reply.

So now I'm trying to wear the jeans some more, but they are very uncomfortable in the top block. The waist is a bit more stretched out to the point of being bearable, but the rest of the top block is just TOO tight.

So, SuFu, will these stretch out even more, or should I just try to sell them somehow, at a loss, and size up one?

Try soaking in them and then doing some squats, the wet stretch should help.

I hope they come through for you, that's sad, on both BiG and NF account. Most manufacturers will guarantee their garments from defects. Keep us posted.

And remember, you get what you pay for.

damn it the big special edition just had to come out a week after i bought some indigo selvage weird guys :/

oh well

as far as the fit goes, theyre tagged 29 and fit my 31.5ish waist perfectly (not tight at all, but just snug). Thighs fit really well too i think they suite me a lot better than my NCs

Guest bambam
Try soaking in them and then doing some squats, the wet stretch should help.

I hope they come through for you, that's sad, on both BiG and NF account. Most manufacturers will guarantee their garments from defects. Keep us posted.

And remember, you get what you pay for.

this isn't a defect u lil ass hole he just ordered jeans that were too tight for him.

Haha yeah, what is up with all this talk about defects?

I've had my pair of weird guy indigo selvedge for 2 months and have absolutely no problems at all. On top of that, they fit perfectly in every way (Sized down 2 from true waist).

Are you people sure about your true waists?

I bought a pair of indigo weird guys one size down and one of the lower fly buttons popped off within an hour of wearing them. I took them back and ended up getting the slim guys in black (they have a zipper). I've been wearing them skateboarding everyday and they've been fine. I sized down one and they stretched like a motherfucker.

soonami - Thanks I'll wear them and see if they stretch out more, and get ahold of BiG if they rip again.

Thanks Hendodo - it's good to know this is a common problem and not something that's a special case and I just got an unusual pair.

Vanquish Gold, I'm glad my misfortune brought you fortune :P

DCDenim - I'll definitely keep you posted. I'll try the soaking and wearing when it's a nice day and I'm off of work. I know the Deep Indigos have a ton of indigo in them (the first days I wore them everytime I washed my hands the soap turned blue), but do you think they'll still fade as beautifully with a soak? I've read that people soak the weird guys sometimes just to remove the starch. Isn't them being stiffer, "better" though?

andreweezer - The top button seems like it's under a lot of pressure, it hasn't popped off yet, but it does seem to be under a lot of stress. I hope it doesn't. If it does, can that be fixed?

Thank you all for your speedy replies.

Guest DCDenim
this isn't a defect u lil ass hole he just ordered jeans that were too tight for him.

if you're going to call someone 'a lil ass hole' at least spell it right you dumb fuck.

Guest DCDenim
soonami - Thanks I'll wear them and see if they stretch out more, and get ahold of BiG if they rip again.

Thanks Hendodo - it's good to know this is a common problem and not something that's a special case and I just got an unusual pair.

Vanquish Gold, I'm glad my misfortune brought you fortune :P

DCDenim - I'll definitely keep you posted. I'll try the soaking and wearing when it's a nice day and I'm off of work. I know the Deep Indigos have a ton of indigo in them (the first days I wore them everytime I washed my hands the soap turned blue), but do you think they'll still fade as beautifully with a soak? I've read that people soak the weird guys sometimes just to remove the starch. Isn't them being stiffer, "better" though?

andreweezer - The top button seems like it's under a lot of pressure, it hasn't popped off yet, but it does seem to be under a lot of stress. I hope it doesn't. If it does, can that be fixed?

Thank you all for your speedy replies.

soaking once won't remove a lot of starch plus you can always spray some starch on them later in the lap/knee area to help you get back the creases/stiffness. If anything soaking them and squating will set in some mad creases which will help you achieve fading in the long run.

I recommend soaking them for sure.

Guest bambam
if you're going to call someone 'a lil ass hole' at least spell it right you dumb fuck.

so sorry......maybs 1 day i will learn to type properly.......what even is this 'u' shit i dont even know what that means i need help...................................nobody u/stands me :(

@ Somnus, I'm absolutely sure about my true waist. I just got fitted for a tuxedo and that's what they measured my waist at (right below the navel)

The only thing that I can think of is that I should have measured more from where they go around my hips because they're a low rise jean.

Next time I order anything offline I'm just going to go off my favorite pair of jeans minus stretch. That's what the BiG site recommends anyway.