08 Lvc

airfrogusmc

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi folks,

so far as I know we will have in the winter line up, these new jeans.

1873xx

1927xx

1978xx

b4 posting pics we have to clear if we have the permission.

the theme for aw08

"this season's lvc collection is named The Fall, celebrating the most glorious season

in the forest and remembering the sacrifice woodsmen and Nature paid

in the name of progress.

I saw wonderful wool stuff...Shirt, Overshirt, Shirt Jkt, Sweater, Sweater Coat and a

1920 Mackinaw wool coat...

best

Comparison 1927 vs. 1933

no buckleback

no NRA Tag

higher frontrise

no crotch rivet

less space in the back area

for me it looks like a standard (straight) cut

there'll will be in RAW and Waded wash,

the waded wash looks like a one year's carfeful wear.

to my mind the indigo shade will be much more darker, if you do it yourself.

both have belt loops and donut buttons.

Does anyone know something about the 1911 333 jean?

best and sorry for the late reply

dejan

Latest information / correct information.

Leather patch is much more thicker

lighter yarn, almost white

back pockets are bit longer, they seems much more bigger

1927 the red selvage was introduced

No NRA Tag

The 1927 comes with a Grant Prize label, which is attached to the back waistband

and can be ripped of by the wearer.

The Grand Prize had been given to LS & Co. products at the 1915

Panama Pacific International Exposition in SF, CA.

best and sorry for the wrong information given before

dejan

I remember a pic from the 30s showing thre cowboys and a cowgirl wearing 50s with buckles just like the 37s but one guys lvc did not show the buckle, really would like to if these are those 27s!????

Yeah the guy climbing has no buckleback. Nice catch. Maybe those are the 27's...interesting. Or something else altogether.

-Jake

He will just have cut off the buckleback. It was quite common, the 20s jeans were made to be used with belt or with suspenders, if the former you would cut off the buckleback.

It almost looks like he cut the stitching; the picture's quality is not super sharp, but I don't see any cut edges, and at least part of it would be sticking out past the belt he has on.

I'm trying to find a pair of 12.5 oz. 1947 501 '07LVC .It's my understanding that the original '47 was 12.5 oz. pre wash weight, yet all of the 3 pair I got from Levi's were 10oz. or less. Most of the dealers selling the '47 either do not know or cannot give me a definite answer to what the actual weight of their denim is. Seems to me that if Levi's is reproducing its "iconic. quintessential blah, blah, blah..." blue jean, why the fuck can't they recreate the damn thing using the original weight denim? Can anyone here tell me where I can find the 12.5 oz. version '47 rigid lvc because Levis' sure as hell doesn't have them.

well, I know I'm prolonging a tedious expression, the spec on 1947 Levi's is 13oz; which is roughly 14oz post shrinkage. It's been that way for as long as I remember. (1944 are listed as 12oz).

There has been talk of faulty ones in a lighter fabric, but I've never seen this in Europe, and I go in to Cinch to check their stock at least a couple of times per season - my current 1947s, from around 2004, 2006 and 2007 are all identical, and the samw weight. The lighter fabric also looks very different from the 13oz, in terms of colour.

Agree with Paul , I have 47s from 2005 and 2007 and they are pretty much identical denim in colour and weight . Compared them to my unwashed sanforized 551zxx (paper tagged14oz) and although they havent been washed and the 47s have been soaked , they feel similar in weight . Hopefully the last few posts can put this to bed (for a while !!!) Although LVC advertising doesnt seem to help , certainly this season .

well, I know I'm prolonging a tedious expression, the spec on 1947 Levi's is 13oz; which is roughly 14oz post shrinkage. It's been that way for as long as I remember. (1944 are listed as 12oz).

There has been talk of faulty ones in a lighter fabric, but I've never seen this in Europe, and I go in to Cinch to check their stock at least a couple of times per season - my current 1947s, from around 2004, 2006 and 2007 are all identical, and the samw weight. The lighter fabric also looks very different from the 13oz, in terms of colour.

Okay, so the correct weight for the '47 is 13oz. I cannot understand why then the US '47 2007 LVC are only 10oz. if they are marketed as "exact reproductions" of the original. Do you know where I can purchase a 13oz. weight rigid '47 LVC like the ones you encountered? None of the three I purchased direct from Levi's here in the US weigh more than 10oz.

Btw Paul, I saw your cameo appearance on CNBC's Levi Special. Great stuff bro! It's pretty cool to see a person of your demeanor taking the time to share your knowledge on this board -- you're a real class act!

Okay, so the correct weight for the '47 is 13oz. I cannot understand why then the US '47 2007 LVC are only 10oz. if they are marketed as "exact reproductions" of the original. Do you know where I can purchase a 13oz. weight rigid '47 LVC like the ones you encountered? None of the three I purchased direct from Levi's here in the US weigh more than 10oz.

Btw Paul, I saw your cameo appearance on CNBC's Levi Special. Great stuff bro! It's pretty cool to see a person of your demeanor taking the time to share your knowledge on this board -- you're a real class act!

HHMMM exact repros???

The back pockets are smaller and they have a lower rise than originals from the same period the 55s are far more accurate. My 47s and 55s have the same weight denim and I had an earlier pair of 47s that were also the same weight. About 14 after full shirnkage.