08 Lvc

airfrogusmc

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last 44s from few years back fit oversized, so if you usually wear w30 you shoud by w30 disregarding that those are shrink to fit, the legs are straight, something between the 37s and 47s, the ass is saggy always saggy, if don´t want that size down one to two sizes... one thing is that LVC changed the fit of the 44s from 1999 to 2004

from a real straight (nearly 47s like) to fuller cut with wider leg opening but not as wide as of 33s... btw: 1944s are the coolest 501s imo =)

I´m a bit disappointed that they don´t use shirt cloth pocket lining this time, what would be more authentic to 44s... I´ve got the 1999 and a 2005 44 and these aren´t lighter than 47s...

infact 44s must be 37s without cinch, crotch rivet and arcuate stitches...

Well if they are't using shirt cloth for the pocket bags ..... I aint buying them !!!! Pity ,recently sold my 2005's ( to be honest they were too big at tag 36/34) and was looking forward to a pair of 34/34s (actual waist size) this time around .

I purchased a pair of the Japanese LVC 1944's recently as I particularly didn't want the stripey coloured shirt cloth pocket bags.

The Japanese LVC' have plain coloured herringbone weave type coloured pocket bags, certainly not multi-coloured and the new 08 LVC's might replicate this?

Whilst I don't know, I suspect orginals used a range of cloths depending on what was available during a time of shortage.

Without wishing to take the thread off course, it amuses me that the austerity '44's considered the back pocket rivets essential, but they were losable by 1966.

10oz denim for the 1944s???? If I'm not mistaken, authentic WWII repros should have 13.5oz denim (plus the scrap fabric front pocket linings), while the 1947 repros should be around 14.25.

Why does LVC insist on being so inconsistent in reproducing their own products? It couldn't be that hard could it??

Should be 12-12.5 raw....So should the 47s and the 55s. That'll put'm up a hair lessthan 14 when fully shrunk...

damn damn damn, i'm on the verge of ordering the 33's or the 1901's. shit i've spent too much on clothes, but I really would like one or the other to set aside and wear after the warehouse contest. someone please give me a reason to, or not to, order one or the other. and a legit question: do the 33's have hidden or exposed rivets?

I'm pretty sure there is a weight difference btw. authentic '44s and '47...I could be wrong.

Batorizer...33s should be exposed rivets

Theres not a diff according to Levis and the late 40s early 50s origianls I've seen are the same weight as LVC 55s. Know a guy that has some originals still NWTs. Several pairs from the late 40s- the mid 50s.

33s should be 10 oz. My 555 33s have some of the toughest denim. Its might not be heavy bit its tough as nails.

1971 517s are now on the Levi website:

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2989801&cp=2068573.2068693&parentPage=family

notice that they are ORANGE TAB...I thought that they were originally Red Tab????

Also, country of origin is given as Imported...I know that that sort of info from the Levi site is unreliable at best, but it sure gives me pause...

1971 517s are now on the Levi website:

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2989801&cp=2068573.2068693&parentPage=family

notice that they are ORANGE TAB...I thought that they were originally Red Tab????

Also, country of origin is given as Imported...I know that that sort of info from the Levi site is unreliable at best, but it sure gives me pause...

The website also says they are a relaxed fit that sits below the waist. I tried them on already at a Levi's store. They hit my bellybutton, are very slim, and made in the USA. Their descriptions are always poppycock.

About the orange tab, though - I was kind of confused, because I thought orange tab's didn't have any copper rivets, but these do. Maybe Paul could shed some light on this?

I knew that the 517s came in orange and red tabs, but I thought the originals were red tabs. The rivets are interesting as well, I'm pretty certain that orange tabs are noted for their lack of rivets and a lighter weight denim (the ones on the LVC website are listed as having 14oz denim)

I'd have to check, but i think they came in red tab first, then transferred to the orange tab range. Both were great - in fact I had some Euro-made, I think, orange tab that were excellent. You could still buy the US-made red tab 517 until recently, they were good for the money, too, but the fabric on the orange tabs was better, perhaps more slubby and greyer in colour. And yes, the oranbge tab version had no rivets.